Author Topic: DEXTER  (Read 28004 times)

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
Re: DEXTER
« Reply #150 on: December 31, 2011, 03:58:58 PM »

Season Six, what a sloppy & strange ride it was.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2012, 08:20:58 AM »

My stepson and I were betting that next season Deb would figure out that Dexter was a serial killer but we didn't think that it would happen this season (it felt a little tacked on) and I thought she would figure it out by being a good cop and investigating and figuring it out through al the evidence that she was putting together, not through a chance encounter.  Hate the incestuous love story.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2012, 12:47:04 PM »

My stepson and I were betting that next season Deb would figure out that Dexter was a serial killer but we didn't think that it would happen this season (it felt a little tacked on) and I thought she would figure it out by being a good cop and investigating and figuring it out through al the evidence that she was putting together, not through a chance encounter.  Hate the incestuous love story.

Including myself, I don't know anyone who's a fan of the Dex/Deb love story, and those same people wanted Deb figuring out Dex's secret by being the stellar detective she has become.

It's too bad, I really enjoyed the first-half of the season. Dex's high school reunion & the Tooth Fairy were fun rides, and the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" tableau was wonderfully fucked-up, but from Nebraska on, yikes.

Dex was so sloppy one couldn't help but think he wanted to be caught. There wasn't anything that was adding up besides horrible writing. The Matthews' side story, Travis taking down Batista (really?), Louis banging Batista's sister, the  handling of Travis' dark passenger reveal...it can go on for some time. Just weird.

But anyway, I still love the show and will be there this September w/ tempered expectations while hoping for the best.

...oh, and bring back Mazuka's first intern.    ;)

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Russell

« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2012, 09:02:11 PM »
I was disappointed. Indeed, season six did have some very high points... but then again so did season five. I fear they shall never reach the majesty that is seasons 1, 2 and 4. I think it was interesting that Dexter was seeking forgiveness and God in a way, that's a very refreshing approach considering how much flack anyone gets for believing in God today.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:53:06 AM by Gunflyer »

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2012, 09:55:58 PM »

No love for Miguel, and his first kill in Season 3, 'flyer? That was some riveting stuff.

Russell

« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2012, 03:41:04 PM »
No love for Miguel, and his first kill in Season 3, 'flyer? That was some riveting stuff.
Oh hell I love season 3. It wasn't a bonafide masterpiece like 1, 2 and 4 were though.  :)

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »

Season 2's such an enigma for me. I was really disappointed in the manner of how the showrunner/writers handled Doakes' ending. Having Miss "pardon my tits" take him out really disappointed me. On the other hand, S2's energy as a whole is insane and quite the rush. It's neat.

Russell

« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2012, 08:05:01 PM »
Season 2's such an enigma for me. I was really disappointed in the manner of how the showrunner/writers handled Doakes' ending. Having Miss "pardon my tits" take him out really disappointed me. On the other hand, S2's energy as a whole is insane and quite the rush. It's neat.
I love season 2 for the way the dynamic changed between Dexter and Doakes. Also, Doakes had a shitload of great lines, "Angel if you don't knock off this woo woo shit I'm gonna walk right through you.", and I love the plot twists, some of them were so major and unexpected, they were some of the absolute finest moments of the series.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2012, 12:42:27 PM »
Also, Doakes had a shitload of great lines,

Surprise, Motherfucker!!

More so this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/l2OEmZFRxvA?version=3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/l2OEmZFRxvA?version=3</a>

I miss the  Dex/Doakes dynamic  so much.

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2012, 11:27:32 AM »

Miss "pardon my tits" was my favorite part of the season.  Also of her.  Bam!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2012, 12:23:16 PM »

Miss "pardon my tits" was my favorite part of the season.  Also of her.  Bam!

God, I fucking hated her. My favorite part of the season was when Dexter finally iced her. There was much rejoicing on my part.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »
I feel about the same way about season 6, high and low points.

But after seeing it on the Soup I can't help but giggle when I think of Colin Hanks going Hello, Whore

The thought of a Deb/Dex love affair bothers me.   I know I should just lose myself in the fiction of the whole thing but I can't help but think of them divorced.  That has to be awkward.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline modelmeg

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 124
« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2013, 03:07:28 PM »
BUMP!

Anyone else as depressed as I am about how fucking terrible this show became? I've seen every episode except for the last 5. I had to stop. It was like Glee or True Blood. It got laughable. I read the finale synopsis. Jesus. Poor Michael C. Hall. He's such a great actor and I feel like his talent was really wasted. I hope he finds a new project soon. I like having him on my tv.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2013, 04:09:12 PM »
BUMP!

Anyone else as depressed as I am about how fucking terrible this show became? I've seen every episode except for the last 5. I had to stop. It was like Glee or True Blood. It got laughable. I read the finale synopsis. Jesus. Poor Michael C. Hall. He's such a great actor and I feel like his talent was really wasted. I hope he finds a new project soon. I like having him on my tv.
Yeah, the writing just went UGH and the ending was really poor.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2013, 07:57:20 PM »
I thought the final season was weak but up until then I still liked it a lot.  I realize this is a minority opinion but Season 6 and 7 had some great stuff in it.

Oh, and this alternate ending floated out there by the original show runner actually sounded worse to me than Lumberjack Dexter. Glad we dodged that turd bullet.
"Did she just say Chipping?"