Author Topic: DEXTER  (Read 28002 times)

anais.jude

Re: DEXTER
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2009, 05:55:56 AM »
It was a great episode. I should probably change the note under my beautfiul pic of the late Swayz......no, I still hate them. HOW DARE YOU KILL FRANK!

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 149
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2009, 12:19:14 AM »
Just saw the season finale. Holy SH**!

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2009, 09:16:27 PM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 09:20:11 PM by iv3rdawG »
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Russell

« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2009, 10:01:23 PM »
Oh man... I understand why, but I am really sad that they
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:28:47 PM by Russell »

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 149
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2009, 11:50:04 PM »
Oh man... I understand why, but I am really sad that they

The ending was...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:53:12 PM by Piobman »

Russell

« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2009, 03:16:46 AM »
I can never watch that scene ever again. I know it's insane for me to be so emotionally moved by the death of a fictional character, but this really gets to me for some reason.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2009, 10:54:33 AM »
I can never watch that scene ever again. I know it's insane for me to be so emotionally moved by the death of a fictional character, but this really gets to me for some reason.

That was a bit of a disturbing surprise. Although if they had to kill off any female character, I really wish they would have killed off Deb. I know they would never do that because she's too essential to the storyline, but I find it hard to look at the screen when she's on it. I don't know if it's the actress or the character, but I find her cringe-worthy. She always looks like she's on the verge of tears, whether she is or not. And, does that actress have a speech impediment? Not that there's anything wrong with that but I can't  figure out why her mouth moves in such a funky manner.

Sorry if I offended any Deb fans. I love the show but she's like a dentist drill to me at this point.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2009, 12:38:54 PM »
Although if they had to kill off any female character, I really wish they would have killed off Deb. I know they would never do that because she's too essential to the storyline, but I find it hard to look at the screen when she's on it. I don't know if it's the actress or the character, but I find her cringe-worthy. She always looks like she's on the verge of tears, whether she is or not. And, does that actress have a speech impediment? Not that there's anything wrong with that but I can't  figure out why her mouth moves in such a funky manner.

Our roommate has this exact complaint.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 212
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2009, 08:40:34 PM »
Just watched it myself.  I normally can see stuff like this a mile away, but that ending escaped me.  Crazy.

So, for Season 5, let me just ask: How, exactly, do you top an ending AND a serial killer like that?  Almost seems like they've set up an ending so twisty and wacky that they'll be hard pressed to write out of it.

I guess now it's official that Season 3 (in my book) is the least of the series, even though I still like it a lot.  Me and a friend had a running joke with Jimmy Smits, that every time he got thwarted he would look up at the sky, shake his fist, and yell, "Dex-TERRRRRRRR!"  I miss his character.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Russell

« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2009, 09:01:43 PM »
I like Deb a lot. I think we have too much invested in her for her to ever be killed off.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 249
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2009, 09:20:40 PM »
Plus the actress who plays Deb is currently Michael C. Hall's main squeeze. So she has that going for her.

But yeah that ending almost made me sick, it was so incredibly well done.

Offline ThatGirlWithTheFreckles

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2009, 09:07:32 AM »
Even though they had alluded to Dexter losing his family throughout the entire season,

I agree about Deb, also, though.  I like her character well enough, but sometimes she does get really annoying.  Her mouth does move in an overly tight lipped, strange manner.  I thought maybe I was the only one who noticed it.  I suspect that soon Dexter will tell her the truth about himself.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 09:10:45 AM by ThatGirlWithTheFreckles »
I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care.
~Dave Barry

Russell

« Reply #147 on: December 25, 2009, 03:45:35 PM »
I have to also say that along with that,
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 04:27:16 PM by Russell »

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2010, 04:57:33 PM »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Dexter's Michael C. Hall Has Cancer

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2010, 05:09:31 PM »
So sad. I love Dexter, but he IS David Fisher to me, as Six Feet Under is one of my very favorite shows of all time. :( But it's nice to know that some stars, the cool low-key ones, can have their treatments in peace and only admit to the disease once they're almost out of the woods (or as out of the woods as one can get). Good thoughts to him.