login

Author Topic: G I Joe: The Movie  (Read 7635 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: G I Joe: The Movie
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 10:02:52 AM »
Don't be to hard on him, he has tremendous pressure from his family on that score.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YAdT0emVW98&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YAdT0emVW98&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:57:12 AM by TripeHoundRedux »

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 10:40:57 AM »
Er, one of the Transformers does die in the (animated)movie, though I prefer his death scene in the Robot Chicken PSA about PSAs.

More than one in fact

Uh, Tripe, unless MSTJedi edited his post after you posted that, you basically repeated what he had just said.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Doctor Who?

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 10:47:13 AM »
I still harbor some resentment for Eccleston for the way he completely shuns Doctor Who now.  So for that reason alone I'd like to see this movie fail big-time.

He's a character actor not a star he likes doing a thing getting it right and moving on to the next project.

Troughton,Pertwee,and Tom Baker were the same way for a few years after they left.  When you do something like Doctor Who you live in fear of typecasting for a while after it is done so you try not to remind people that you were in it.

I agree this movie is going to suck Eccleston is a really good actor and he seems like a nice guy so i see no reason to hate him just because he did his year and doesn't want to talk about it any more.

Maybe he is just all talked out he gave a lot of interviews while he was on the show after all.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 10:51:13 AM »
Er, one of the Transformers does die in the (animated)movie, though I prefer his death scene in the Robot Chicken PSA about PSAs.

More than one in fact

Uh, Tripe, unless MSTJedi edited his post after you posted that, you basically repeated what he had just said.
Ah didn't see the until, just scanned the post. Carry on!

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2009, 11:31:37 AM »
I think the movie would be awesome if Cobra fights the Joe team using the same tactics as in the 80s cartoon.  ;D

You mean shooting indiscriminately and hitting absolutely nothing other than a few vehicles?

In addition to unleashing giant bubbles and giant, robotic toy soldiers (for starters),  absolutely!

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2009, 08:15:51 PM »
I've never understood fears of being typecast for a singular role. There's no other roles like Doctor Who. There's no other roles like Superman. You only need to worry if you're Jack Nicholson. And he didn't GET typecast, he LET himself be typecast.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2009, 08:23:13 PM »
It happens.

Patrick Steward spent years where he could only get work in Shakespear type stuff that is why he jumped at the chance to do Dune and other bad movies in the 80s he was sick of shakespeare and the good movies wouldn't even let him try out for the roles.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 08:50:02 PM »
Well again, that's not a singular role. That's Shakespeare. There's tons of Shakespeare. There are Shakespeare-like roles. There aren't many Doctor Who-like roles. It's one thing to have done a role for so long that no one can believe you as another character. It's quite another thing to sever all ties with an iconic role because you think it's going to affect your career.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2009, 09:10:57 PM »
All I can tell you is that most of the actors who have played The Doctor have been afraid of typecasting,Troughton wouldn't do much promotion for the show when he was on it and The Three Doctors mark the first time he would have anything to do with it since he left.

Typecasting is the reason Tom baker didn't do The Five Doctors.

Typecasting is the reason why most actors don't stay in the role of The Doctor for more then 2 to 3 years.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 10:47:21 PM »
I know people are afraid of typecasting. I don't think it's rational.

If you ask me, certain people should be grateful for typecasting. Keanu should have stuck with comedies.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2009, 04:28:46 AM »
It happens.

Patrick Steward spent years where he could only get work in Shakespear type stuff that is why he jumped at the chance to do Dune and other bad movies in the 80s he was sick of shakespeare and the good movies wouldn't even let him try out for the roles.

Er where are you getting that from?

Here's his filmography alone, not counting his stage work. Ignoring that for a minute, I've never heard of him getting "sick of Shakespeare" especially since he wasn't only doing that, he was in the RSC for about a decade but they're not an exclusive company which would rather suggest he enjoyed the multiplicity of roles available to members of the company.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2009, 07:17:31 AM »
Well he did say Patrick STEWARD. And he did say BEFORE Dune, and Excalibur and I, Claudius are certainly "Shakespearian actors only, please" sort of roles. And we don't know what he was offered and turned down. Well, Doctor does, cos he's brilliant.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2009, 07:26:31 AM »
Hey I am just going off of what he said on and A&E speicle and in a couple of interviews I read in magizines.

If he was lying I can't help that.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2009, 10:16:10 AM »
I've never heart him say that, do you have a link to those statements, somewhere?

Doctor Who?

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2009, 10:20:48 AM »
I read it in a magazine and saw him talk about it on A&E sorry I don't have a link , he talked about how after he stoped doing shakespear he had no idea where he was going to get money because no one would give him work for a while.

In I am Spock Lenord Nimoy talks about how he had trouble with typecasting too for a about 4 years after Star Trek ended.