Author Topic: My Crazy-Ass Local Weather  (Read 324769 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2362
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: My Crazy-Ass Local Weather
« Reply #3750 on: October 12, 2018, 09:49:15 PM »
I have a natural gas furnace and water heater. This is probably a good reminder for me to replace my 2 natural gas detectors (1 in the basement with the furnace and water heater and 1 at the top of the stairs) as well as my smoke alarms (natural gas detectors kind of look like smoke detectors but detect carbon monoxide and explosive gases- both smoke detectors and gas detectors have limited life spans).

Didn't know they made home natural gas detectors, might look into getting one for the basement.  I've got gas hot water, furnace, and a gas dryer.  I was surprised how much money the gas dryer saves over electric, my gas bill is practically nothing in the summer with just the dryer and hot water running.   I've got smoke and CO detectors on each floor and in the basement and they all have built in timers that are supposed to warn after 7 years when their shelf life is up.

Back to the weather, probably will get cold enough for the furnace to kick on either tonight or tomorrow when it gets down close to 40°.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3494
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3751 on: October 13, 2018, 08:49:33 AM »
 :scared:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/f3ofAJSqpLM&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/f3ofAJSqpLM&amp;feature=share</a>

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 157
« Reply #3752 on: October 13, 2018, 10:48:25 AM »
The wife has been gone visiting her mother all week. Woke up this morning with all the dogs underneath the covers- temp inside had dropped to 50, so had to turn on the furnace for the first time this Fall.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3753 on: October 13, 2018, 11:16:33 PM »
The temperatures went from 90 to 55 here like it saw a state trooper :D :D

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #3754 on: October 20, 2018, 09:05:39 AM »
Did my yardwork this morning in heavy snowfall. Still too warm (mid-30s) for any ground coverage.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3755 on: October 20, 2018, 09:36:26 AM »
Doing yardwork in heavy snow sounds like fun :D

Light band of rain moving through today then temperatures will drop off to the upper 30s here tonight :speechless:
Bout time to bring the plants in (possibly)..

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3756 on: October 26, 2018, 09:40:23 AM »
Cold dreary ass rain all day long as the remnants of Hurricane Willa pass over us from the Pacific..
Today's high for the day is only 46 :speechless:

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #3757 on: November 01, 2018, 06:56:02 PM »
Not weird weather for this time of year in Wisconsin (temps in the mid to high 40s every day this week), but I'm having a weirder time than usually adjusting to it. By that I mean that some days I'm perfectly OK in shorts and a sweatshirt and other days with the same temps I'm feeling the need to wear jeans and a coat. 

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3758 on: November 02, 2018, 12:22:11 AM »
Current temperature: 64 degrees.. at 3am :o
Been in the mid 70s the last couple days and had a line of showers move through the area a few hours ago. Not unusual to have yo-yo weather like this but i still caught a cold from somewhere and now I'm trying to get over it without missing any work :-[

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #3759 on: November 09, 2018, 06:30:03 AM »
Highs finally got down to the low 30s this week and today we're getting our first snowfall that is covering the ground (snowed a couple of times already, but it was too warm to stick). Forecast was for an inch. We've got a couple of inches so far and it's still falling.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3760 on: November 15, 2018, 02:48:58 AM »
4th day in a row of cold dreary ass rains here in the Carolinas and this morning's rains are the heaviest yet.
Should clear out by this afternoon and remain cold for the rest of the week.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3761 on: November 15, 2018, 06:55:30 AM »
The snow just started here, overnight it never got as cold as they were predicting so the ground isn't frozen, hopefully it wont stick, and it's supposed to switch over to rain this afternoon so the drive home should be fine.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5368
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3762 on: November 15, 2018, 08:53:29 AM »
We're getting snow here west of Philly. It'll turn to rain this afternoon, so be all gone by the time I have to go home from work.
Nice big flakes though, it's really pretty outside right now.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #3763 on: November 15, 2018, 09:07:30 AM »
Bright and sunny and cold here (high 20s) in Wisconsin. Heading to Milwaukee this afternoon for the MST3K show tonight, so couldn't be happier with the weather thanks to it not snowing or raining. Will probably have to talk the wife into wearing a winter coat-she always tries to get away with a light jacket whenever we go out to shows like this thinking that we won't be outside very long and then freezes when we're outside longer than she was expecting.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3764 on: November 15, 2018, 02:17:03 PM »
We're getting snow here west of Philly. It'll turn to rain this afternoon, so be all gone by the time I have to go home from work.
Nice big flakes though, it's really pretty outside right now.

Wow did they get that wrong.  I had a hell of a time getting home, 2 buses sideways blocking roads.  One school bus and one SEPTA bus.

I just finished shoveling 3 inches of slush off my driveway just in case the rain this evening doesn't wash it all away and it freezes over tomorrow.  Now I'm cold and soaked, bad time to need to go grocery shopping, I'm down to hardly anything to eat in the house...