login

Author Topic: My Crazy-Ass Local Weather  (Read 352342 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: My Local Weather Forcast is...
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2009, 10:38:57 AM »
My car got stuck in the entrance to the parking garage at work for about 30 minutes.  They apparently didn't feel like plowing our parking lot.  (4 wheel drive wasn't doing anything for me either.)

Yeah..
Charlotte didn't even salt the interstates yesterday and even The Weather Channel (reporting live on I-85) was at loss as to why they didn't do that ???

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2009, 10:43:30 AM »
My car got stuck in the entrance to the parking garage at work for about 30 minutes.  They apparently didn't feel like plowing our parking lot.  (4 wheel drive wasn't doing anything for me either.)

Yeah..
Charlotte didn't even salt the interstates yesterday and even The Weather Channel (reporting live on I-85) was at loss as to why they didn't do that ???

Nice.  That's some brilliant thinking there.

The main roads around here (Boston area) were plowed, but none of the side streets in my neighborhood were.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2009, 11:08:08 AM »
i haven't had a snow day in quite some time, but I thank the snow for the extra sleep.  Next time I'll think twice when tempted to eat you; snow will get more of my respect from now on.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2009, 11:34:25 AM »

Yeah..
Charlotte, NC?  I didn't know.  I can pick up WBT AM after sundown down here. Was listening to people calling in about the snow like it was something they'd never seen before....   :D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2009, 11:49:30 AM »

Yeah..
Charlotte, NC?  I didn't know.  I can pick up WBT AM after sundown down here. Was listening to people calling in about the snow like it was something they'd never seen before....   :D
Probably because they got missed by the monster storm 5 years ago when we got 18 inches just 20 miles to their south.. 8)

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2009, 11:56:35 AM »
yeah RVR not a flake fell in columbia :P

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2009, 11:58:59 AM »
yeah RVR not a flake fell in columbia :P
Your Kidding!

I could've swore I heard you all got a frozen mixture er something down there.. :-\

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2009, 12:02:14 PM »
nope I saw your pics and I couldnt believe it missed us, but apparently it did... it rained all weekend but nothing even iced up... it's crazy

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2009, 12:04:38 PM »
nope I saw your pics and I couldnt believe it missed us, but apparently it did... it rained all weekend but nothing even iced up... it's crazy
Oh Man! The rain.. 3 Straight Days here, then the change-over to snow at 5:30pm yesterday.. :speechless:

Offline Dankbuds

• Magneto-cent Member
  • BEEP BEEP Richie!
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2009, 12:06:53 PM »
Oh Man! The rain.. 3 Straight Days here, then the change-over to snow at 5:30pm yesterday.. :speechless:

Yeah I'm certainly not complaining about the lack of snow though, god knows no one in SC can drive in even an inch of snow  ;)
but I was never worried nothing ever exciting happens to me ::)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2009, 12:10:22 PM »

Yeah I'm certainly not complaining about the lack of snow though, god knows no one in SC can drive in even an inch of snow  ;)
but I was never worried nothing ever exciting happens to me ::)
:D :D

True that :P

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2009, 12:10:44 PM »

Yeah..
Probably because they got missed by the monster storm 5 years ago when we got 18 inches just 20 miles to their south.. 8)
I'm still impressed that I can pick up NC here in South Florida.

And that - even though they broadcast Limbaugh in the afternoon - the evening programs actually can talk about general interest and fun stuff.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2009, 10:08:41 AM »
Ahh.. Currently 70 degrees with a High of 76 predicted and 80 degrees for tomorrow  :o

It'll be around the mid 70's to 80 for Highs this coming week till Thursday when the cold temps return.. 8)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 10:11:01 AM by RVR II »

Doctor Who?

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2009, 10:10:57 AM »
The high today is 71.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2009, 10:19:27 AM »
Currently 64 degrees out at my house.