Author Topic: My Crazy-Ass Local Weather  (Read 325978 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2396
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: My Crazy-Ass Local Weather
« Reply #3765 on: November 15, 2018, 06:37:48 PM »
I needed this:

Everything I was wearing while clearing the driveway was so soaked I had to put it in the washer and do a quick rinse just to spin most of the water out, then into the dryer...

The rain has pretty much stopped, and it's supposed to stay just above freezing tonight so maybe the morning won't be too bad.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3517
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3766 on: November 15, 2018, 09:44:15 PM »
I needed this:

As a former submariner, I need this mug :o

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3767 on: November 16, 2018, 07:39:00 AM »

I got it at the sub museum in New London, went there many times with my dad, it's a great museum and you can tour the Nautilus.

Just checked and the mug is available in their online store:

http://store.submarinemuseum.com/Mug-Submarines-Class-1417/

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3768 on: November 16, 2018, 09:30:31 AM »

I got it at the sub museum in New London, went there many times with my dad, it's a great museum and you can tour the Nautilus.

Just checked and the mug is available in their online store:

http://store.submarinemuseum.com/Mug-Submarines-Class-1417/
Cool! I might have to get that :o
Yeah I went to sub school there for 12 weeks back in the Fall of 88

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #3769 on: November 24, 2018, 10:29:21 AM »
Around 40 and raining...supposed to get a couple of inches of snow tonight. I welcome the snow instead of this cold rain.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3770 on: November 24, 2018, 05:01:54 PM »
Almost an inch of rain here in the last 3 hours.  So sick of rain, seems like the last 2 months it's been only sunny a handful of days.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #3771 on: November 26, 2018, 09:46:49 AM »
Has been flurrying a bit over the last couple of days, but we didn't get the snow that was in the forecast. No snow in the forecast for the week and temps are supposed to rise back up to above freezing and rain all next weekend. Would still rather have the snow than the cold rain.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #3772 on: November 30, 2018, 10:09:05 PM »
No snow in the forecast today, but it snowed 3 inches. Supposed to warm up and rain tomorrow and then cool down and snow 1 to 3 inches every day for the next week. Not bad over all for this time of year in Wisconsin I guess- unless we get the worst case scenerio of 3 inches a day for a week- still not bad on a per day basis, but 21 inches of snow would still be a lot.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #3773 on: December 02, 2018, 11:20:12 AM »
It's one of those days where I hate living in Wisconsin. In general I enjoy the winters and it's worth the trade off in getting mild summers, but we've been just a touch above or below freezing every day for the last week. Freezing rain yesterday afternoon turned to snow last night and we ended up with 5 inches of heavy wet slush. Watching the neighbor kids (who just moved here this summer from Tennessee) try and make a snowman out of this stuff was kind of entertaining. And fortunately the snow plow came through early this afternoon (they usually don't get to our neighborhood until about the time I'm going to bed and I have to decide whether to just go out and deal with it right away or to set the alarm to get up early). 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 11:22:51 AM by wihogfan »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3774 on: December 02, 2018, 12:21:38 PM »
Current temperature here: 70 degrees.. It was 61 when I left for work at 3:30am :speechless:

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #3775 on: December 02, 2018, 02:13:09 PM »
We probably won't see 70 again here until May.

It's been snowing all day, but temp was just above freezing so it was melting as it fell.
Temp just dropped to freezing and it's starting to accumulate again, so I'm gonna have to go shovel again when it stops in a couple of hours.
The wife has to work tonight too. Thanks to the salt trucks that do a great job of hitting the major streets, she should be OK once she gets out of our neighborhood, but getting out of our neighborhood may be challenging with the sludge from earlier now starting to freeze.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3776 on: December 04, 2018, 07:13:50 PM »
Winter storm for my locale this weekend here in the Carolinas and when people here that in my locale, they hit the grocery stores..

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3777 on: December 06, 2018, 08:14:14 AM »
Winter storm snow estimates are looking like around 5 inches now with ice accumulation starting Saturday night into Sunday morning. I'm scheduled to work 3:30am Sunday morning sorting Amazon packages for the carriers to deliver after 8am but that could be canceled :-\
We'll see what happens..

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3778 on: December 07, 2018, 02:42:22 AM »
Snow estimates haven't changed but ice could be the biggest threat from this storm in my locale..
Estimates could be as high as 1/2 inch of ice accumulation from freezing rain which will definitely bring down tree branches and knock out power  :speechless:

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #3779 on: December 07, 2018, 07:57:19 PM »
Highs in the 20s this weekend which is normal. Then back to hovering just a touch above and below freezing for a few days starting on Wednesday which unfortunately means the snow in the forecast may end up being freezing rain instead.