Author Topic: My Crazy-Ass Local Weather  (Read 332331 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6713
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: My Crazy-Ass Local Weather
« Reply #3720 on: September 22, 2018, 09:27:57 AM »
a tornado chewed through gatineau and a town near ottawa last night. thankfully, none of my friends were in its path.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-gatineau-tornado-damage-in-video-and-photos-1.4834478
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 232
« Reply #3721 on: September 24, 2018, 03:35:40 PM »
Not crazy, but finally back to more normal temps for Northern Wisconsin for this time of year. A touch above normal (low 70s for highs instead of more typical mid to low 60s). Mosquito problems lessened, but not yet gone. Lows in the 30s this weekend (if that forecast holds) even with the forecasted rain should help.

We get tornados on occasion, but no where near as many as where we used to live down South (when I was a youngin the houses on either side of my parents house lost their roofs and several houses in our neighborhood were totally destroyed). Straight line winds more typical here in the early spring. Had a large section of our fence get blown down about 5 years ago...let the dogs out before I realized what had happened and 1 ran away (came back wet and cold after about an hour) and 1 was waiting on the front porch. Glad to hear that none of your friends or family were injured.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3597
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3722 on: October 01, 2018, 06:31:13 AM »
Dropped to 62 last night and will be in the low 60s & low 80s for a couple of days.. :o
Finally a break from the heat and humidity here in the Carolinas

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3723 on: October 01, 2018, 11:31:17 AM »
Definitely Fall here now. Leaves just starting to change with highs in the 50s and a bit of rain every day for the last 4 or 5.
Supposed to be back up to 78 on Wednesday- probably the last day we'll see above the 60s for the rest of the year.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2453
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3724 on: October 02, 2018, 06:54:11 PM »
Tornado watches posted for the counties to the west, line of storms north of here sliding east, if they make it here it probably won't be until after midnight.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3725 on: October 04, 2018, 11:45:14 AM »
Amazing how the mosquitoes disappeared as soon as we went through a week in the 50s, but were back out in swarms yesterday when we hit the high 70s and have disappeared again now that we're back in the low 50s today. Cold front moved through last night that resulted in a Tornado Watch here as well. Had some pretty good winds that blew down a few tree limbs, but missed the worst. Rained really hard for about 15 minutes and that was it. 

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5477
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3726 on: October 04, 2018, 12:56:01 PM »
I just looked up the weather at Disney World Florida for next week when I am going there, and it looks like scattered thunderstorms for most every day.  :grr:

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3727 on: October 04, 2018, 01:55:38 PM »
Amazing how the mosquitoes disappeared as soon as we went through a week in the 50s, but were back out in swarms yesterday when we hit the high 70s and have disappeared again now that we're back in the low 50s today. Cold front moved through last night that resulted in a Tornado Watch here as well. Had some pretty good winds that blew down a few tree limbs, but missed the worst. Rained really hard for about 15 minutes and that was it.
The massive mosquitoes that have impacted eastern NC & SC have spread westward into our area and their bite feels like a sting!
Temperatures are back up to the 90s into the weekend and that's just madden to the aggravation around here. .

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3728 on: October 06, 2018, 08:16:26 PM »
Forecast keeps changing, but now forecasted to be back into the 70s Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Very unusual for this time of year in Wisconsin and 20 degrees warmer than the forecast was showing just a couple of day ago

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3729 on: October 06, 2018, 11:08:55 PM »
Now it looks like we'll be dealing with Tropical Storm/Hurricane Michael mid to latter part of next week, and flooding from Florence is still going on in eastern NC & SC..

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3730 on: October 08, 2018, 10:25:41 AM »
Rapidly developing Michael is now a hurricane with max winds of 75 mph. Centered about 50 mi south of the western tip of Cuba, Michael is moving north at 7 mph.
Micheal is expected to continue strengthening and is forecast to become a major hurricane with winds of 120mph or more by the time it makes landfall in the panhandle of Florida then racing over my local Wednesday night into Thursday so we could see tropical storm force winds here Thursday with Rain potential up to 5 inches here :o
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 10:28:52 AM by RVR II »

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3731 on: October 09, 2018, 09:33:21 AM »
Michael looks like it will be a devastating hurricane for the Florida Panhandle and some areas farther inland as well. Winds are now up to 100 mph and it is likely on its way to Cat 3 before landfall on Wednesday. :scared:
Already getting brief rain showers moving in from the east to west from the Atlantic coast as well as breezy easterly winds gusting up to 20mph which will only increase as Michael approaches :o

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3732 on: October 09, 2018, 04:13:48 PM »
Not a hurricane, but warm front moved through yesterday and after highs in the 50s for about a week, we hit mid-70s yesterday and today had a heat index near 90. And now a cold front just moved in- has dropped 20 degrees in the last hour-Thunderstorm warning in effect- hasn't started raining yet, but should start any time-60 MPH winds and golf ball sized hail just west of hear and moving this way. Supposed to rain for the next 36 hours when it starts.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3733 on: October 09, 2018, 04:48:47 PM »
Thunder started, but no rain yet. Weather forecaster just upped the golf ball hail to egg sized. Hopefully we miss that part of it.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3734 on: October 09, 2018, 04:49:06 PM »
Michael is now a major category 3 hurricane with 120 mph winds. Landfall will occur along the FL panhandle near Panama City Beach tomorrow afternoon.
35-45mph steady winds with stronger gusts, along with 4-6 inches of rain expected in my locale on Thursday :scared: