Author Topic: Pets  (Read 100865 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 580
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
Re: Pets
« Reply #1080 on: February 19, 2019, 08:34:52 PM »
Four of my cats are almost 12 years old now. One of them, Ziv is a sweet boy. I'll talk to him and he... "talks" back by letting out some variation of "mwwrrrr". Anyway earlier I picked him up and took him to my room. The thing is that in order for him to stay he wants me to constantly pet him, skritch his tummy or pat him on the head. As long as I'm giving him all the affection he craves he will purr and purr and stay. Ziv is such a good boy but just like the other cats he is a total attention hog.

Abby and Rory regularly come into my room, mostly to just lay on my chair or look out my big window. I've been teaching them that they can reach up and open the door on their own, and I always get a kick out of watching them lift up their front paw then use it to open the door. I aid them a little bit of course. My cats are pretty great.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 743
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #1081 on: February 20, 2019, 12:33:41 AM »
Rory? She wouldn't happen to be named after the Gilmore Girls character would she? My sister has an English Springer Spaniel named Rory. And my Mom has a Poodle named Luke.

I'm more of a cat person. About 5 years ago I had a cat named Teddy. He would reach up and touch the doorknob when he wanted to go out. He was the smartest, most affectionate cat I've ever had. Sadly, he had FIV and dropped dead of a heart attack. My current three cats are siblings that I rescued as kittens from what can only be called a "crazy cat lady". She was recently evicted, and the owner of the house told me that Animal Control found 15 cats in or around her house.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4509
« Reply #1082 on: March 08, 2019, 08:22:50 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fNMEFbKCxfM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fNMEFbKCxfM</a>

Offline CJones

« Reply #1083 on: March 09, 2019, 07:25:16 AM »
It took me about a minute to realize the singing was all "meow".

Fun Fact: In Japan, cats go "Nyaa".

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #1084 on: April 11, 2019, 06:26:42 PM »

The next time someone tells you that 'their cat is their baby' - take them at their word!

To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 580
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #1085 on: April 11, 2019, 07:30:38 PM »
Rory? She wouldn't happen to be named after the Gilmore Girls character would she? My sister has an English Springer Spaniel named Rory. And my Mom has a Poodle named Luke.
Sorry I took so long to respond to this. Actually I named Him after Rory Williams from Doctor Who.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4509
« Reply #1086 on: August 28, 2019, 06:53:16 AM »

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 520
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #1087 on: August 28, 2019, 06:58:12 AM »
Makes me happy that my girls generally stay on the right side of that image.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6869
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #1088 on: August 28, 2019, 07:07:38 AM »
"pancake" is a "body language"? ???
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 520
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #1089 on: August 28, 2019, 10:28:48 AM »
"pancake" is a "body language"? ???

It's a very happy and contented rat. Also see: Dead Rat Flop

Offline CJones

« Reply #1090 on: October 13, 2019, 01:32:03 PM »
I caught one of my cats, Victoria, peeing in the bathtub yesterday. We don't have a litter box, since they go outside, but recently she has been very reluctant to go out. She'll look at the door like she wants to go out, but when I open it for her she just sort of sticks her nose out, looks around a bit, and decides "Nope, I'm not going out there." Makes me wonder if something bad happened to her recently outside. Her two siblings have no problem going out.

I suppose if she's going to pee in the house, that's a good place to do it.