Author Topic: Job Interviews  (Read 13199 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Job Interviews
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2012, 03:45:35 PM »
I still think you are just working in a dope spread.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5317
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2012, 09:27:53 PM »
I still think you are just working in a dope spread.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
Received an email with regards to setting up an interview for that second Quality Coordinator position I applied for a couple weeks back..
Guess we'll see how that goes since I didn't get the first QC position I originally applied for when I started with the company :-\

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »
Just finished a phone interview for that 2nd Quality Coordinator position at work with the regional Quality guy..

It lasted almost 30 minutes where he asked me about my quality background experience as well as my background experience listed on my resume, which was forwarded to him by my manager who sounds like he gave me a good review :o

Overall I think it went pretty well so now comes the waiting game to see if I get the job or not.. :scared:

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2013, 08:01:21 AM »
Old thread, but seemed like the right place.

I decided that even though I'm in school, I'm keeping my ear to the ground for job opportunities.  I get calls from recruiters looking to staff desktop support positions.  Some are great, some are not so up my alley, some are downright insulting (11 bucks an hour to drive around a 100 miles a day replacing parts in busted Dell computers... yuck).  I figure that my classes are mostly at night so I can work in the daytime and do the school thing too.  It seems like a decent approach, since I can fall back on school if I don't get the jobs I interview for. 

I had an interview with the IT department for Salem County, NJ on Wednesday that went okay.  I can never tell with these things.  All I know is that I've had interviews which I knew went poorly and this wasn't one of them.  The interviews I've had which resulted in jobs didn't seem largely different from a lot of the neutral interviews which didn't.

I applied for another job in Wilmington through a company called Pyramid Consulting, talking with a guy named Amreesh who has a thick Indian accent which makes it virtually impossible to understand him on the phone.  I applied on Monday and he calls me today, twice within 10 minutes, asking if I want to set up an interview for this afternoon.  I can't do it on that kind of notice!  I have school work to do, and I took the bus in to Wilmington to do it at the school's library, like I always do if it's a weekday and I don't have anything planned.  I explained to him that it would be literally impossible for me to catch a bus home, shower, get dressed, and get back to Wilmington by this afternoon, but I would be happy to interview any time next week.  I don't want to be difficult, but I can't bend my entire life around these people. 

It always seems like the Indians are the most unprofessional, sloppy recruiters I deal with.  They send out mass E-Mails, often targeting me for jobs I'm not remotely qualified for.  They're hasty and sloppy.  They're terribly difficult to speak with on the phone.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2013, 11:46:06 AM »
I've started applying to Ambulance companies over the past month for EMT positions, and in the process I realized how truly unfamiliar I am with the whole process. The job I've held for the past few years at a Law Firm I gained through personal contacts (and the pizza place I worked before that had a very lax, informal hiring process), so I've never had to do any of the big resume/interview stuff one normally does when entering the job market. It hasn't been too bad, and I've even landed two interviews, but the trouble is they never go anywhere. I like to think it's just because I'm another fresh-off-school-with-his-certs scrub with no relevant job experience, and therefore automatically not the most attractive prospect, but still, it gets frustrating. It's a situation where I'd like to enter this life, and it's a life that'll get easier once I've done it for a bit, but I just need to get my foot in the door long enough to gain experience first to put on future applications.

Still, I keep at it. Applying to as many positions as I can find available, some of them in areas that are farther away/more inaccessible than I would care to admit. If I could just get something for about six months to a year (my savings are such that I can support myself on any salary in that time, and I've still got my paralegal job right now), I could get the good experience to put down on an application for something closer to home. Assuming someone hires me, of course.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2021, 02:31:16 AM »
Browsing old threads and came across this one and I never mentioned that when I had my interview for the Post Office back in July, 2018, I was interviewed by the idiot station manager (as I would refer to him afterwards) and the first question he asked me was "What is the capital of Minnesota?" I answered Minneapolis but it was actually St. Paul and I'm thinking 'Is this guy serious?' At the time I was desperate to get hired after losing my wife to cancer the prior year and I wasn't in the mood to be played around with..
I eventually did get hired 2 months later and ever since then we haven't gotten along at all. He will be retiring the end of March or beginning of April and a lot of us are looking forward to his imminent departure!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6691
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2021, 06:07:19 AM »
Browsing old threads and came across this one and I never mentioned that when I had my interview for the Post Office back in July, 2018, I was interviewed by the idiot station manager (as I would refer to him afterwards) and the first question he asked me was "What is the capital of Minnesota?" I answered Minneapolis but it was actually St. Paul and I'm thinking 'Is this guy serious?' At the time I was desperate to get hired after losing my wife to cancer the prior year and I wasn't in the mood to be played around with..
I eventually did get hired 2 months later and ever since then we haven't gotten along at all. He will be retiring the end of March or beginning of April and a lot of us are looking forward to his imminent departure!
You're a Mystie, you should have answered Eden Prairie.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #158 on: February 26, 2021, 07:14:20 AM »
 Well at the time I was just desperate to get the job and with him asking me that at the start of a job interview I thought he was just toying around with me and that and I wasn't expecting to be hired.
If I was in a better frame of mind I might have said that ;D