login

Author Topic: What are You doing Right Here; Right Now?!  (Read 318030 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: What are You doing Right Here; Right Now?!
« Reply #1455 on: January 14, 2010, 10:05:23 AM »
Trying to figure out a nice way to tell the client:

"Look dipshit, I told you and IBM ten days ago that IBM had to have research XXXXXX done by today by our 9am meeting or your own company will not approve the changes you want to make so you can pay your vendors.   As I stated many times, IBM owns this process and if you come back and tell me that IBM is "too busy" to do the research that your own company requires, your changes will not be approved by your own company and then you cannot pay your vendors.   And guess what, you did not make IBM do their work, you cannot pay your vendors, and it impacts me zero.   I dont give a shit that you cannot pay your vendors for the new company codes we created for you, it does not impact me a bit.   Small children understand the concept of accepting consequences of ones own actions, perhaps you need to learn this lesson the hard way.   I dont know, and I dont care.   Good luck!"

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4742
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #1456 on: January 14, 2010, 10:42:09 AM »

"Look dipshit, I told you and IBM ten days ago that IBM had to have research XXXXXX done by today by our 9am meeting or your own company will not approve the changes you want to make so you can pay your vendors.   As I stated many times, IBM owns this process and if you come back and tell me that IBM is "too busy" to do the research that your own company requires, your changes will not be approved by your own company and then you cannot pay your vendors.   And guess what, you did not make IBM do their work, you cannot pay your vendors, and it impacts me zero.   I dont give a shit that you cannot pay your vendors for the new company codes we created for you, it does not impact me a bit.   Small children understand the concept of accepting consequences of ones own actions, perhaps you need to learn this lesson the hard way.   I dont know, and I dont care.   Good luck!"
We just get their money and send them on their way..

In your case, maybe the 5th Element method might be better where those ogre looking fighters received their shipment of multi-purpose weapons but never asked about the red button, and the leader pushed it accidentaly causing it to self destruct BOOM!!!  >:D

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #1457 on: January 14, 2010, 10:51:47 AM »

We just get their money and send them on their way..

In your case, maybe the 5th Element method might be better where those ogre looking fighters received their shipment of multi-purpose weapons but never asked about the red button, and the leader pushed it accidentaly causing it to self destruct BOOM!!!  >:D

Not bad...... not bad at all.....

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #1458 on: January 14, 2010, 12:11:33 PM »
Not playing Mafia, that's for sure....

Offline LBeria

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
  • "My laser nose & your crotch have an appointment"
    • Cheap Crap You Don't Need, Enterprises
« Reply #1459 on: January 14, 2010, 01:33:24 PM »
Trying to figure out how my dog learned to blow bubbles in his water bowl and make a mess of everything.....
You're such a survivalist gun nut.
Only the good die young...but most people are morally ambiguous which explains our random dying patterns. -- Tom Servo

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #1460 on: January 14, 2010, 02:24:48 PM »
Listening to "I Like Your Booty (But I'm Not Gay)"
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #1461 on: January 14, 2010, 02:29:59 PM »
Waiting for the kids to go to bed so that i can watch the The Godfather blu ray i got in from Netflix yesterday.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1462 on: January 15, 2010, 11:06:15 AM »
Just getting to my other office after training 2 girls on our ID system at the main office 8)

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #1463 on: January 15, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
Battery almost died cuz I left my lights on this morning.  Got it to turn over though, so no need to use my charger.
On timeout

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1464 on: January 16, 2010, 08:48:44 AM »
Back at our new office location and preparing to meet with a local bank in our plaza with regards to the IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) that I have direct access to aquiring, and can be used to open a bank account  8)
This could be Big as they would send us their customers to get the ITIN with us and they get new bank customers in the process :o

Also scoping out the local competition finding out their prices in comparison to ours to be competative ;D

spaceforarent

« Reply #1465 on: January 18, 2010, 08:18:41 AM »
Packing, then catching a train to Buffalo to visit some friends until Wednesday.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #1466 on: January 18, 2010, 10:45:29 AM »
Just finished laying carpet in my second office at our new plaza location and moving all the furniture back in..

A piece of 12' x 11' carpet for just over $100 seems like a rip off to me but that's the best price I could find :-[

Offline darkchashy

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
  • beware strangers baring gifs
« Reply #1467 on: January 18, 2010, 07:58:13 PM »
being impatient about waiting for 'a year at the movies' that I ordered from amazon
that's just how we ride.

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #1468 on: January 18, 2010, 08:55:12 PM »
Eating some lunch. Fish sticks + tartar sauce, kielbasa, turkey club wrap.  I fucking love kielbasa.

Yeah you do!

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #1469 on: January 18, 2010, 10:02:03 PM »
being impatient about waiting for 'a year at the movies' that I ordered from amazon

Be as impatient as you want!  That book is absolutely phenomenal.  The chapter on the week of movies during 9/11 was very poignant, in particular, as were the observations during the week of the date movie, but the entire book is a fantastic read and, oftentimes, a laugh and a half.  I'm also pretty damn sure the Corky Romano chapter is the most hilarious part of the book.  I love it!

Myself?  I'm trying the The Room drinking game again.  This time, just a sip of beer for every greeting.  ("Hey" or "hi," whether or not the latter is actually an oh hai.)  I'm at 51:58, and I just broke into the third beer.

Suddenly, I'm starting to remember why I didn't think the first drinking game was that much of a good idea.  (Then again, I also knocked back the remainder of my beer after every "YOU ARE TEARING ME APART!", so....)

Edit: Also swapping my browsers.  Not "changing from Safari to Firefox," but "changing which one I use to look at various nonsense blogs and which one I use to look at various other websites."  Turns out Safari doesn't seem to want to get around to fixing its bug with animated .gifs.  Not a good idea, then, to use it to visit .gif-heavy sites, but I only just got around to changing it.

Edit II: The Room, plus RiffTrax, if you count all of the hey's, hi's, and hello's (as well as the "oh hai"s) is a four-beer movie.  Maybe even a sip of a fifth beer, but I kind of cheated at one point, so... four beers.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 12:35:34 AM by Dim of the Yard »