Author Topic: Quiptracks VOD issues  (Read 2072 times)

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
Quiptracks VOD issues
« on: January 16, 2009, 06:36:30 PM »
Twice now I've purchased the Quiptracks VOD off of iriffs and I can't get it to play.

The first time someone on the board here told me it was becasue it wouldn't play on windows media player and that I should download VLC media player. So That's what I did.

The second time I  purchased and downloaded this (a half hour ago)  I just get a blank windows media player screen come up.  How do I get it to play on the VLC media player that I downloaded?  I know I have VLC now because I can bring it up. I just don't know how to transfer the download to the V LC.

Also, I've downloaded this VOD twice in the last half hour. Once I hit the open button and the second time I hit the save button. Doesn't this mean I should have it saved somewhere on my computer.    Just looked all over and can't find it.   Do we only get two downloads with a purchase?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 241
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
Re: Quiptracks VOD issues
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 06:58:06 PM »
You don't get only two downloads -- you can download files as many times as you want.

Make sure you save the file to a place you can find it (My Documents or your Desktop, etc.). You should be able to play it wiith VLC if you right-click on the file you downloaded by right-clicking it and choosing "Open with" and then selecting VLC. If that doesn't work, you can also open VLC and then drag-and-drop the file onto the player, or use the player's Open file menu item.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
Re: Quiptracks VOD issues
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 10:52:24 AM »
You don't get only two downloads -- you can download files as many times as you want.

Make sure you save the file to a place you can find it (My Documents or your Desktop, etc.). You should be able to play it wiith VLC if you right-click on the file you downloaded by right-clicking it and choosing "Open with" and then selecting VLC. If that doesn't work, you can also open VLC and then drag-and-drop the file onto the player, or use the player's Open file menu item.

I did this and it worked.   Thanks for your help.