login

Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 10611 times)

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
The Walking Dead
« on: January 08, 2009, 10:33:53 PM »
How the HELL did I not know about this series before? I read all fifty-seven issues today in one sitting. WOW.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 10:56:38 PM »

Yeah... The Walking Dead. Good stuff, right there!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 05:08:34 PM »
I honestly can't figure out why Showtime or HBO hasn't optioned The Walking Dead for an ongoing TV series. It's practically made for it. Normally, I despise the notion that comics are just "little storyboarded movies" (that statement displays incredible ignorance of how comics storytelling works); but, in the case of The Walking Dead, it really DOES have a very filmic quality about it.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5133
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 09:24:48 PM »
I definitely agree.  It's really better for TV since it was designed to take the premise of thos George Romero films and show what would happen if the credits never came.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 07:16:55 AM »
I told Robert Kirkman that this comic scared me so bad one night I had nightmares and he gave me a nickname that I proudly wear to this day. He called me Captain Sissy.

I was so happy.

I know, I'm weird.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 08:13:51 AM »
It's probably the bset comic I am reading right now.  I love that no one is safe and you never know where it's all going to go.  Still, I hope it doesn't peter out the way that Y: The Last Man did.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 02:03:59 AM »
Issue 58 is out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

- Conan O'Brien

Offline FLOCK of RABID SHEEP?!?!

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 10:19:34 PM »
damnit, another series i have to check out when i have yet to complete y: the last man, hellblazer and preacher...damn not having enough money to just buy all at once...grrr

Offline mearnest

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 26
  • If life gives you poop. Make poop juice.
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 11:20:43 PM »
Picked up the first TPB today.  I'm only about half way through but I feel safe saying I'm hooked already.
'No one does it to you like Roman Polanski' - The Tenant

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5133
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 02:49:42 PM »
It's an addicting series, although I'm way behind on the trades.  (I got Vol. 6 more than a year ago)

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 05:58:39 PM »
I introduced myself to the series some time back by buying a few of the TPBs, then taking over with the regular comic series and haven't looked back since. It's by far the series I absolutely can't live without now. In some of my more money challenging moments, I've literally held a Transformers book in one hand, Walking Dead in the other, looked between the two, and put the Transformers book back on the shelf.

Yeah, it's that good.  ;D

I told Robert Kirkman that this comic scared me so bad one night I had nightmares and he gave me a nickname that I proudly wear to this day. He called me Captain Sissy.

I was so happy.

I know, I'm weird.

No fair. I write a nice letter and I didn't get a nickname. Damn it. Kirkman's gonna hear about this!

Offline FLOCK of RABID SHEEP?!?!

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 09:47:38 PM »
ok, i just ordered the first volume, so here goes... ;D

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 10:07:58 PM »
Issue 59 just came out. I love how individual issues refuse to have ANY sort of wrap-up.

- Conan O'Brien

Offline mearnest

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 26
  • If life gives you poop. Make poop juice.
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 12:48:52 AM »
Just finished reading through Issue 48.  All I can say is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
'No one does it to you like Roman Polanski' - The Tenant

Offline ebeth

• Big Montana
  • Why 9 Gars?
    • Anti-Affirmations
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 05:40:56 AM »
I love The Walking Dead and although all of my friends say that Zombies are played out, I still have a soft spot in my heart for the flesh eaters
I am not above projectile vomiting to get my way