Author Topic: Upcoming Live Shows!  (Read 30433 times)

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
Re: Upcoming Live Shows!
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 09:31:25 AM »
FEB 20-21st  - BOSTON, MA - Somerville Theatre

SO THERE!!

Some friends and I are planning on going to this, too but the prices seem CRAZY
- is it normal for a riffing event like this to cost $38 each? 
Maybe I'm just a n00b?
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 10:32:46 AM »
Don't forget TM fees :gouge:. RiffTrax Live was only $28 when I saw them.
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline gojikranz

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • im baaaack
    • my facebook?
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 10:35:20 AM »
ya it seemed a little expensive which is why im glad my dad wanted to go so he got the tickets  8)
MICROPHONE MANIAC COMING SOON!!
Promo Featurette: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vzYR6_-UqE

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked:
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 11:17:05 AM »
I'm 'onna be up visiting my friend(enemy) up in Seattle in March, JUST in time to see Cinematic Titanic.  Wooo!!!   :clap:
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 09:44:01 PM »
Don't forget TM fees :gouge:. RiffTrax Live was only $28 when I saw them.

The last RiffTrax Live show I went to (Over the Top in SF) cost me $1000 in total.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 12:13:26 AM »
Checked the CT site tonight and lo and behold they are now saying that it will be new flicks each night..... That sucks... I could have had second row for both nights at the time of the presale but I wasn't willing to spend the $188 on the possibility that both nights could be reruns from the DVD releases...  Why did they have to wait to announce the fact that they will be new flicks??
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2009, 04:41:35 AM »
Checked the CT site tonight and lo and behold they are now saying that it will be new flicks each night..... That sucks... I could have had second row for both nights at the time of the presale but I wasn't willing to spend the $188 on the possibility that both nights could be reruns from the DVD releases...  Why did they have to wait to announce the fact that they will be new flicks??

Because they hate you.  On a personal level.  *shrug*  That is pretty lame.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2009, 12:20:15 PM »

A different unreleased film each night.  That's pretty impressive actually.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, 12:44:40 PM »

I think they mean a different movie each night where they are doing two shows in one city. I don't think they mean 9 different movies for each night of the whole tour.

Offline Rude

• Liked:
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, 01:44:58 PM »

Heh, heh... can you imagine? A totally different movie at each stop? There would be groupies following them around to every city like Deadheads!

Although, if they have two movies on deck... i wonder how they're going to decide which single-performance city gets which movie. I suppose all the early stops on the tour will be to work out the bugs. Then you guys later will get to see the finely tuned, road-tested machine that is Cinematic Titanic live.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2009, 12:02:22 PM »

I think they mean a different movie each night where they are doing two shows in one city. I don't think they mean 9 different movies for each night of the whole tour.

Oh, yeah, that would make more sense.  Heh.

Offline gojikranz

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • im baaaack
    • my facebook?
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2009, 09:30:50 AM »
morning after our valentines day show of dynamite brothers had a great time!  the rian decided t ohold off until later so we could all have a great evening at the marines memorial theater that night.  before the show mary jo and Trace were out shilling their wares and i managede to snag a photo with trace amongst the crowd he said the movie was gonna be a good one and he did not lie.

Dyanamite brothers was a real train wreck of a film chock full of doughy racist slobs and stereotype slinging asians and black people all doing overwrought kungfu.  and  there is a mute (I won't ruin how this mute fits in but it is to good to be true)  it was amazing.
I enjoyed the preshow fun with Gruber that was one section that this show definately had the rifftrax live show beat on, lots of fun with Gruber and the gang I particularly liked joel's bit (I won't spoil it in case he makes good on his promise to use it at every other show), and convoluted man.
afterwards they had a good long meet and greet and signing and although the prices weer ridiculuously pumped up for the live show 25 bucks for a dvd 15 bucks for the photo!!??(they pretty much sold out too so I think they made a fortune) a good time was had by all and, I being a cheapskate just brought my gila monster disc to get signed by everyone.

I apologized to J Elvis for having a episode he had no part in.  he graciously signed anyways and said that he would sign it just so kevin couldnt sign it!  Kevin if you are reading this that is clearly a challenge, now you have to bring a rifftrax live show to the bay area and sign the dvd just to prove him wrong!
thanks CT come again soon!  (anybody else there?)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 09:36:08 AM by gojikranz »
MICROPHONE MANIAC COMING SOON!!
Promo Featurette: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vzYR6_-UqE

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 11:40:02 AM »
Sounds like fun..... thanks for sharing the photos.

Kevin Trace looks good with a beard.

Offline Rude

• Liked:
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2009, 12:33:06 PM »
Quote from: gojikranz
(anybody else there?)

Ha! I saw you there. I even saw you get that picture with Trace... well, kind of. I might've had my head turned at the time <cough.> There are a few of my own from before the show, but they look horrible and i won't be posting them. Although i did get to talk to Josh, Trace and MJ for awhile. Not to mention RAD... who was extremely nice to me and my girlfriend.

I really dug the pre-show stuff. It was a lot of fun, and the movie was great. I mean... not actually great, of course. Pretty horrible actually, but the crew put on an awesome live show. They were arranged around the screen in the same way as on the DVDs, minus the scaffolding. And they seemed to be loving it. Josh and Joel were constantly laughing back and forth, and giving low-fives for jokes that went over well. MJ kept making faces at the audience, and there was some random banter. So it's a better performance than most their DVDs, and definitely a better experience.

Oh, yeah. Every single joke is not screamingly, laugh-out loud at ear-splitting volume funny... I'm talking to you, girl directly behind me!

The crew said they were going to hang around after the show, but i couldn't stay. I have never seen such a small theater lobby in my life. That was definitely some kind of fire-code violation going on there. Plus, it was Valentine's Day... so we had plans for the rest of the night.

All in all in was a lot of fun. My girlfriend still prefers Rifftrax, of course she has a crush on Mike. But i really can't decide. Although, i would give a few extra points to CT for having a little warm-up show at the beginning,  and a little "Greatest Riffs" thing at the end. Great event... hope they come around again soon!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 02:53:57 PM »
morning after our valentines day show of dynamite brothers had a great time!  the rian decided t ohold off until later so we could all have a great evening at the marines memorial theater that night.  before the show mary jo and Trace were out shilling their wares and i managede to snag a photo with trace amongst the crowd he said the movie was gonna be a good one and he did not lie.

Wow! You got a photo with Jim Henson! I couldda sworn he was dead though....