login

Author Topic: Upcoming Live Shows!  (Read 30888 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
Re: Upcoming Live Shows!
« Reply #135 on: July 04, 2011, 07:07:43 PM »
Still annoyed that they've never come anywhere close to Denver.  It's a big city and it seems like they avoid the region like the plague.  They just keep going to the same regions over and over again.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #136 on: July 04, 2011, 08:06:16 PM »
Still annoyed that they've never come anywhere close to Denver.  It's a big city and it seems like they avoid the region like the plague.  They just keep going to the same regions over and over again.

Because more than likely the same promoters and theater keep bringing them back. Generally speaking most performers don't decide where to go. If you want them in your area it is time to bug local theaters and/or promoters to bring them to you.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 961
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #137 on: July 04, 2011, 11:33:42 PM »

Yeah, they've hit this *time zone* twice. The closest they've gotten to here is 800 miles away. Not counting 1992. Or Mary Jo popping by.

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2011, 12:21:02 PM »
Still not coming back to Minnesota, that one show they did here must have a loser money wise (which is a real shame considering)
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

jasimon1

« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »
I think I'm completely done caring about them at all. They are coming to a theater really close to me, in a town an hour north of Chicago. Tickets $45!! And they are doing movies that have been out on DVD forever (Frankenstein and Blood of the Vampires). I've already seen Vampires TWICE because of their "we'll surprise you with the movie after you buy the ticket" crap they pulled a while back. I'm just so sick of their seeming lack of care for their consumers.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2951
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »
I think I'm completely done caring about them at all. They are coming to a theater really close to me, in a town an hour north of Chicago. Tickets $45!! And they are doing movies that have been out on DVD forever (Frankenstein and Blood of the Vampires). I've already seen Vampires TWICE because of their "we'll surprise you with the movie after you buy the ticket" crap they pulled a while back. I'm just so sick of their seeming lack of care for their consumers.
That Much ???
I feel the same way about their seeming lack of care for their consumers with regards to their lack of DVD releases and I sure don't want to drive out of my way for a repeat showing of something I already own! >:(

jasimon1

« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2011, 04:56:26 PM »
That Much ???
I feel the same way about their seeming lack of care for their consumers with regards to their lack of DVD releases and I sure don't want to drive out of my way for a repeat showing of something I already own! >:(

Sorry, I was wrong. They are $48 with the "internet fee". I'm sure if I went through with it they would tack on a few more crazy charges like 'print at home convenience charge" and "you should buy printer ink to print these and since we reminded you, give us a few more dollars".

spaceforarent

« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2011, 05:09:11 PM »
That's how much the ticket cost for the show I went to. Plus there was the train tickets, which I believe cost about $100 (Syracuse to Cleveland). I still say it was worth it, though they were showing a not yet released movie, East Meets Watts, or as it was known back then, Dynamite Brothers.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2011, 08:52:33 PM »
"we'll surprise you with the movie after you buy the ticket"

My number 1 complaint. Followed by lack of studio dvds. One of the recent shows they didn't announce the movie until 1 week prior and by that time all the decent seats were sold out. I really can't afford to see shows twice and I didn't want to get burned by a double.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 922
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2011, 09:26:25 PM »
My number 1 complaint. Followed by lack of studio dvds.

...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 193
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2012, 01:34:48 PM »
Well whatever the major complaints may be, I'm still going to the Royal Oak double feature tonight, with Astral Factor and The Doomsday Machine.  Not sure if they're 'new' films or not, but they're definitely different from the live show I saw last time.  There IS rampant stupidity with the ticket purchasing websites, though...they wanted $6 for 'ticket insurance.'  I believe that's an option for the sort of people who never buy a new car without undercoating seal protectorate and go for the TV offer of two whole Shamwows for only $19.99.

Not that that's CT's fault, but really, how hard up are these venues for money when they have to result to that sort of snake oil?
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2012, 01:41:10 PM »
Going to Durham March 16, can't wait!

It's the closest they've come to my locale, 170 miles.  But I'm just gonna rent me a new car with navigation and go for it.

Show is audience choice and the only newer one they're playing is Insects, was really hoping for Astral or Rattlers.  But I'm not complaining.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2012, 10:50:48 AM »
Today is the day!  I'm on my way!  Can't wait!
Opticians are easy on the eyes

GordonZola

« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2012, 09:22:03 PM »
They canceled the Schenectady show with no explanation in Feb. Got my money back, but 3 very disappointed MST3K fans.