Author Topic: SUNDAY NIGHT/MONDAY MORMING  (Read 1767 times)

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Bad Movie Historian
SUNDAY NIGHT/MONDAY MORMING
« on: October 29, 2006, 05:53:50 PM »
Time sensitive post!
On The Movie Channel Xtra (or extreme or whatever the X means) tonight at 3:15 am (Sunday Night/Monday morning) you can see what is perhaps one of the strangest movies of all time. And coming from me, that is a big statement.
It is called Forbidden Zone and stars (yes stars!) Herv? Villechaize.
Is was made by Richard Elfman (brother to Danny, who also cameos as Satan) and also features Oingo Boingo.
I saw just a few minutes of it today and it just... wow. Words cannot express. Made for and by the chemically enhanced.
If you have this channel, set your Tivo.
If you like bad movies, or laughing at bad movies, you HAVE to see this one!

Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
Re: SUNDAY NIGHT/MONDAY MORMING
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 06:04:23 PM »
Forbidden Zone rocks. I own it on DVD. Director Richard Elfman made it in order to capture the essence of the live stage shows of the performance troupe he founded, The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo (later rock band Oingo Boingo led by younger brother Danny). He and cowriter Matthew Bright (who later went on to write/direct the films Freeway and Freeway 2: Confessions of a Trick Baby) were not inspired by any illegal substances. The film is largely inspired by surrealism, Dadaism, etc. It's a big live action Max Fleischer cartoon made on a shoestring budget with sets painted on cardboard (Betty Boop meets Dr. Caligari by way of Eraserhead).

The DVD includes some great stuff including an informative documentary and commentary, and an isolated track for the Danny Elfman score. I saw this once on TV and I just had to buy it. This, Rocky Horror and Frank Zappa's 200 Motels are my favorite musical films. The first avatar I had on this board was of the image of Danny as Satan from the poster art. 8)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 03:26:13 PM by Isaac »
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!