Author Topic: Club Nintendo  (Read 19650 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3142
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Club Nintendo
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2014, 02:13:57 PM »
Ooh. For a while, there, I was afraid they were giving up on physical rewards entirely.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4411
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2014, 08:09:12 PM »
More new stuff, including a Nes Remix T-Shirt and two types of 3DS Game card cases.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1511
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2014, 08:02:23 AM »
Hm. Well this is annoying...

Someone got my son a 2DS for Christmas  :highfive:
Setting it up it asked for the Club Nintendo ID, so I put it in.  Then later on it asked for the Nintendo Network ID & it wouldn't let me use his ID because my Club Nintendo ID is linked to MY Nintendo Network ID.  So I had to basically restrict the crap out of the thing so he's not posting as me on MiiVerse or Using funds from my wallet.  Why can't they give you an option like they have on the Wii U to switch users???

I'd reformat the stupid thing and start over but he had already redeemed the Mario Kart 7 code, so he'd lose that.  Clearly not an option.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2014, 03:43:27 PM »
I just know that they're going to offer something really awesome now that I spent some points, but I couldn't resist the siren's song of the NES Remix T-Shirt...

Soguru

« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2014, 11:12:42 PM »
I saw they now have Demon's Crest on the Wii U eshop channel. As far as I know, Wii U eshop games like Super Nintendo games still aren't available on the 3DS. I mean come on, the 3DS certainly has the technical specs to handle the games! Not only that, but arguably the 3DS easily has enough processing power to run Nintendo 64 games! Hell, even the original DS had Mario 64 on it!!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2014, 11:19:08 PM »
Yeah, the 3DS can definitely run more than they're selling. I got in on the "Ambassador Program." (Nintendo dropped the price of the thing by $50 a couple months after release, so everyone who picked one up early got a boatload of free classic games.) As a result I have 10 perfectly emulated Gameboy Advance titles on my 3DS. Don't know why they're not in the eShop all these years later. I'm willing to drop a ton of money to be able to take certain GBA titles with me again.

Soguru

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2014, 08:43:05 AM »
Yeah, the 3DS can definitely run more than they're selling. I got in on the "Ambassador Program." (Nintendo dropped the price of the thing by $50 a couple months after release, so everyone who picked one up early got a boatload of free classic games.) As a result I have 10 perfectly emulated Gameboy Advance titles on my 3DS. Don't know why they're not in the eShop all these years later. I'm willing to drop a ton of money to be able to take certain GBA titles with me again.
I guess their business rationale is that if they put certain games only on the Wii U Eshop they'll start to move Wii U units because they're still not selling all that great even after the release of SSB. But I find that strategy to still be highly illogical even if its strictly in the business sense.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2014, 08:53:22 AM »
It kinda bugs me that the rereleased Duck Hunt is WiiU exclusive, especially since it would probably work very well with the touch screen.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2014, 06:08:43 PM »
I'm wondering if it would be worth it to pick up the DS cart carrying case.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 06:15:58 PM by The Lurker »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2014, 07:21:26 PM »
I have a Zelda one they released a while back. They're nice for trips. If I have a bunch of games I want to play on a plane, it's nice to only have one case to fumble around with.

Soguru

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2014, 09:24:44 AM »
Have you played Hyrule Warriors yet? I remember hearing it was basically little more than Dynasty Warriors and not being too keen on the idea at all. If I was gonna make a Zelda game... I would give the player an option to choose his/her play style. If you love a Link to the past, give them a top down option where they can have like 12-15 16 bit style quests in one game. That is something hardcore Zelda fans would go crazy for. If you like a weird, awkward 3D zelda(And God knows why you would after Egoraptor highlighted all the problems with OOT and Skyward Sword), then you can have a huge quest that way too.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2014, 09:26:25 AM »
Have you played Hyrule Warriors yet? I remember hearing it was basically little more than Dynasty Warriors and not being too keen on the idea at all. If I was gonna make a Zelda game... I would give the player an option to choose his/her play style. If you love a Link to the past, give them a top down option where they can have like 12-15 16 bit style quests in one game. That is something hardcore Zelda fans would go crazy for. If you like a weird, awkward 3D zelda(And God knows why you would after Egoraptor highlighted all the problems with OOT and Skyward Sword), then you can have a huge quest that way too.
From what I've heard it's pretty good for a Warriors title.

Soguru

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2014, 09:29:13 AM »
I just don't understand why they would do it. It's kind of like Shigeru Miyamoto putting up his hands and going "Nope... sorry, all outta ideas! That's all folks!" I think moving the franchise in a retro direction would be the best thing for it, especially since 2D games are probably super cheap to develop. It's all about the marketing.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2014, 09:36:43 AM »
I think it's more about experimentation.   Battlefield Zelda is a rather interesting idea, and it's nice to have control over other characters in the franchise other than being limited to just Link.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1511
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2014, 11:26:12 AM »
Have you played Hyrule Warriors yet? I remember hearing it was basically little more than Dynasty Warriors and not being too keen on the idea at all.

It is super fun. I've been having a blast playing it.  Then again I loved playing Dynasty Warriors...