login

Author Topic: 24 season 7 starts 1/11 (SPOILERS).  (Read 18319 times)

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
Re: 24 season 7 starts 1/11 (SPOILERS).
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 11:28:38 PM »
How the eff did you even remember that subplot from redemption?

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2009, 08:58:55 AM »
I assume that you are talking to me in regards to the subplot from Redemption. I remember it because we kept Redemption rotting on the DVR until a few days before the season started and then watched it.

That possible plot hole will probably not be a big deal in the big picture... but it struck me as odd. Getting rid of random drug friend is one thing, getting rid of president's son is another... but when both of them mysteriously dissapear / commit suicide and everything points back to the same financial firm, well I don't know if it would just fade away as easily as the writers presume. I think that they will just end up "merging" the two characters for all practical purposes and druggie friend will never be mentioned again.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 02:43:52 PM »
I assume that you are talking to me in regards to the subplot from Redemption. I remember it because we kept Redemption rotting on the DVR until a few days before the season started and then watched it.

That possible plot hole will probably not be a big deal in the big picture... but it struck me as odd. Getting rid of random drug friend is one thing, getting rid of president's son is another... but when both of them mysteriously dissapear / commit suicide and everything points back to the same financial firm, well I don't know if it would just fade away as easily as the writers presume. I think that they will just end up "merging" the two characters for all practical purposes and druggie friend will never be mentioned again.

This is all going to lead back to Jonas Hodges being at the top of this conspiracy, and being a member of the Cabinet.  I just know it.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 10:20:48 AM »
I'm starting to wonder if unilaterally deciding to go underground with enemies of the state, without any government sanction or informing them, is such a hot idea.

Also, poor Renee.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 08:20:49 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if unilaterally deciding to go underground with enemies of the state, without any government sanction or informing them, is such a hot idea.

Also, poor Renee.

Did they do the Edgar-style silent clock at the end?  Because I could swear they did.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 10:05:36 PM »

Also, poor Renee.

Did they do the Edgar-style silent clock at the end?  Because I could swear they did.

Yeah the clock was silent.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 04:49:57 PM »
That's cos it was supposed to be shockingly SKEEEEEERY.

I would have been like, "Yep, she's totally buried and her face is covered! Don't bother checking!"

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2009, 09:26:09 AM »
I'm trying to work out the math of yesterday's show.  One minute they're burying Agent Walker alive, but somehow Jack is able to get a signal to Chloe who can then get there just about 7 minutes later to dig her up and revive her.

My sister watched that episode with me.  At the end, where Dubaku is discussing his next target and ends with "proceed", she desperately said "IS IT A DOUBLE EPISODE?"  Much to her disappointment, I had to inform her that no, and she'd have to wait until next week to see the resolution of this cliffhanger.  And then do the same next week.  And the week after that.  And so on so forth for 4 more months.

Anyone else think that Allison Taylor is a horrid president?  Sure there's something admirable about wanting to stop a genocidal maniac, but she should put the lives of her own citizens in top priority.  She took an oath..  And the conflict is baloney.  She could withdraw the troops, shore up the firewall thus rendering Dubaku impotent, then resume the attack.

David Palmer struggled with the decisions of murdering a decorated federal employee and releasing the names of dozens of secret agents to avoid having a plague unleashed upon the country.  Allison Taylor has to worry about a few thousand deaths if she doesn't abort an invasion of a third world country.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2009, 10:12:19 AM »
Yeah I don't get how Jack  was able to get Bill and Chloe to the scene either..... Probably sorcery.....
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2009, 04:59:08 AM »
Anyone else think that Allison Taylor is a horrid president?  Sure there's something admirable about wanting to stop a genocidal maniac, but she should put the lives of her own citizens in top priority.  She took an oath..  And the conflict is baloney.  She could withdraw the troops, shore up the firewall thus rendering Dubaku impotent, then resume the attack.

I'm sure there is an ulterior motive behind her decisions that we aren't aware of.  It can't be what it seems.  That's usually how they roll on "24".
On timeout

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2009, 11:12:18 PM »
Well, it's not just a case of protecting people. It's a case of giving into terrorism. The problem is they never bring up the option of simply covering it up. They would need a good coverup reason for pulling out of Sangala, but covering up the terrorist threat is as simple as not telling anybody. Perhaps the show really is right wing conservative after all.

On the whole, it's not an easy decision, but neither one is right or wrong. We can take care of ourselves in a tragedy. The Sangalans couldn't. No American would really give a crap, but the President is supposed to.

I'm slightly mystified by how quickly they got 1000+ planes out of the air, but they can't seem to get the rest down quickly enough. Also, since nobody really understands the magical McGuffin device, it's hard to gauge what they can do. Obviously an American pilot isn't going to fly into a building just because they're ordered to, so it's hardly a 9/11 situation. There must be some other way they can cause terra'. I don't necessarily even buy that they'd be able to get two planes to crash into each other in the sky. They'd even need some heavy math to be able to get the two planes to cross runways at the same time. That's a nightmare of a "story problem," and I didn't see anybody on Dubaku's end with a pad of paper.

Don't most of the things the device can do require manual operation? Can they shut down a power plant or do they just have codes that allow them to tell somebody to shut it down?

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2009, 07:02:18 PM »
Exit Die Hard 4.  Enter kidnapping and extortion.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2009, 01:44:00 AM »
So are we going to see how two-faced the President is as she gives in to terrorist demands and abandons a war because her husband is being held hostage?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2009, 06:47:50 AM »
So are we going to see how two-faced the President is as she gives in to terrorist demands and abandons a war because her husband is being held hostage?

Undoubtedly.  That'll just make for some interesting television, because now the cabinet / Joint Chiefs / White House staff know that the situation is reversed; American lives are not in danger, and NOW the President is going to (possibly) give in to the terrorist.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2009, 07:01:54 AM »
Well they got past that whole presidential-husband kidnapping plotline pretty quickly.  I hope he makes it.  I fear we will not know for sure until the end of the season.

That scene with Renee with Vossler's wife and baby was intense.  I like the way this is going.  It feels like Jack and CTU are just sort of peripheral players, but they have such a strong influence on the plot and the other characters.  They're like a whirlpool and these straight laced Washington guys are swirling around them, afraid of falling into the vortex.

I was surprised that President Taylor still didn't withdraw the troops.