Author Topic: 24 season 7 starts 1/11 (SPOILERS).  (Read 18284 times)

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
Re: 24 season 7 starts 1/11 (SPOILERS).
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2009, 07:13:06 AM »
Haha, I thought the scene with Vossler's family was stupid. Man, how incredibly easy was that? All she had to do was pick up the baby. She didn't even have to think about doing anything. So why was she all womany afterwards? I wanna know what she was thinking. Was she going to eat the baby? Twist its head around? What? I mean I assume Jack sent her there because he only needed them to freak out and didn't expect her or need her to do anything. Yet, she was all weepy even though it was basically a scare tactic. That's like Eli Roth going, "Too scary!"

I was distracted by the magically disappearing pacifier. The baby had a pacifier. It was pacified. Then the mother has the audacity to say he's crying because he's scared. Like an infant knows the meaning of a gun. I kept thinking, put the damn pacifier back! That's what it's for! It pacifies! ARGH! And then Vossler inanely asks why the baby is crying. IT'S A BABY! What do babies normally do? Man, you know you work too much when you're confused by a baby crying. Good lord. I know they meant this to be dramatic, but it just seemed silly to me. I imagine these people are just jumpy all the time. "Why is the microwave beeping??? Why did the toaster ding??? The fridge is cold!!!"

Two bizarre things happened on TV tonight. One was Walker leaving Vossler's house with no word on how to keep the wife from calling the cops. The other was Sylar and his new gay sidekick leaving the kid's mother with a dead body, again no mention of preventing her from calling the cops. Or do I just assume Jack Bauer and Sylar are so badass that they don't care if somebody calls the cops because they'll be long gone by then?

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2009, 07:43:45 AM »
"When are you gonna realize they aren't playing by your rules?!"

Pretty good episode.  I really like where this season seems to be headed. 
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2009, 07:58:44 AM »
This episode was motherfucking FULL of catch phrases.

"Not today!"

"Tomorrow!"

"Why is the baby crying!"

"My government, my way!"

I'm making them up because I can't remember them, but there were a lot.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2009, 08:25:59 AM »
Haha, I thought the scene with Vossler's family was stupid. Man, how incredibly easy was that? All she had to do was pick up the baby. She didn't even have to think about doing anything. So why was she all womany afterwards? I wanna know what she was thinking. Was she going to eat the baby? Twist its head around? What? I mean I assume Jack sent her there because he only needed them to freak out and didn't expect her or need her to do anything. Yet, she was all weepy even though it was basically a scare tactic. That's like Eli Roth going, "Too scary!"

The thing with the baby worked because this maniac with a gun had already broken into her house, made some very serious sounding threats, and had an unknown male accomplice on the phone threatening her husband.  She had every reason to believe Renee was going to hurt or kill the baby.Renee got weepy because, even though she didn't intend to follow through on her threat and harm any innocent people, it was still very taxing for an otherwise straight laced FBI agent and good person to have to even pretend to do something like that.  Even without hurting anyone physically, making those kinds of psychotic threats is not something a moral person feels good about.

Two bizarre things happened on TV tonight. One was Walker leaving Vossler's house with no word on how to keep the wife from calling the cops. The other was Sylar and his new gay sidekick leaving the kid's mother with a dead body, again no mention of preventing her from calling the cops. Or do I just assume Jack Bauer and Sylar are so badass that they don't care if somebody calls the cops because they'll be long gone by then?

Woah woah woah.  *slaps bratpop*  Don't come apart on me now!  It's too early to get up in arms about loopholes and strange plot contrivances.  Kim hasn't even entered the scene yet.  Also, I mean, after Jack telepathically summoned Chloe and Bill to rescue Renee a few episodes ago, all bets were off.

Also, Larry made mention of handling Vossler's body quietly.

And who the Hell is Sylar?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2009, 11:11:04 AM »
This episode was motherfucking FULL of catch phrases.

"Not today!"

"Tomorrow!"

"Why is the baby crying!"

"My government, my way!"

I'm making them up because I can't remember them, but there were a lot.

None of them question anyone's ability to handle the truth though.

Nor do they demand departure from my plane, or a demand to get my son back.

Offline The Lady Rommel

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2009, 03:41:46 PM »
I'm enjoying it this season, and the movie was good.  Last season sucked and I was beginning to lose hope.  But Jack's back!

I don't see race.  People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I watch Antiques Roadshow.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2009, 11:39:05 AM »
So.....

....that was kind of an average episode.  I like what they're doing with Dubaku.  He genuinely cares for this woman whose name I forget and who will be irrelevant by the end of the month.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2009, 09:06:07 AM »
Oh but also... Sprague Grayden joined the show.  <3 <3 <3

She plays the president's estranged daughter, and previously did a terrific job as Heather Lizinski in Jericho.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 765
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2009, 03:58:30 PM »
I am just waiting for the inevitable scene of Chloe and Janice going head to head with their l33t haxor skillz....
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2009, 05:27:32 PM »
I am just waiting for the inevitable scene of Chloe and Janice going head to head with their l33t haxor skillz....

They sorta did that when Jack was breaking Tony out of CTU. 

Doctor Who?

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2009, 05:31:29 PM »
After season 4 I gave up on 24,is this season worth checking out when it hits DvD?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2009, 06:13:37 PM »
After season 4 I gave up on 24,is this season worth checking out when it hits DvD?

Season 4 was a pretty over the top turkey of a season.  So was season 6.  Season 5 was great, and season 7 is pretty good too.  Of course, I'm a biased superfan and own all seasons on DVD.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2009, 06:21:25 PM »
So the answer would be yes?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2009, 08:08:41 PM »

The answer is "Jericho should have gotten a third season."

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2009, 04:19:50 AM »

The answer is "Jericho should have gotten a third season."