Author Topic: 24 season 7 starts 1/11 (SPOILERS).  (Read 18208 times)

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
Re: 24 season 7 starts 1/11 at 8, 7 Central!!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 11:32:08 AM »
But that's impossible. 24 isn't set in Miami.

Oh, yeah. I went there. Bring it, Barry.

Here is his post from 24: Redemption
The review is the best.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 03:51:27 PM »
Okay, it's either invisible or really short.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 04:44:09 PM »

You obviously don't have the decoder ring.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 04:59:44 PM »
I just can't get over how many whiny drama-obsessed employees CTU/theFBI/the government in general seem to get ahold of. Seriously? If that much back-sassing and poor job performance happened at the grocery store where I work, (which I'm betting has a much less stringent vetting process than the Feds), the employee in question would be FIRED.

M@
Dark Matter Productions iRiffs

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 12:46:46 PM »
I just can't get over how many whiny drama-obsessed employees CTU/theFBI/the government in general seem to get ahold of. Seriously? If that much back-sassing and poor job performance happened at the grocery store where I work, (which I'm betting has a much less stringent vetting process than the Feds), the employee in question would be FIRED.

I agree.  I love this show to death, and await every new episode with bated breath, but when they get into subplots involving office politics, I start to groan.  There is a MAJOR TERRORIST THREAT or IMPENDING WORLD WAR.  Your petty gripes can wait until tommorrow.  I mean.....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sometimes... they gotta grow up.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 08:01:38 PM »
While your examples are good, I'm thinking more of the characters like Milo, who would throw hissy fits because he wasn't the PIC instead of just shutting up and doing what he was told, or early Chloe, who had to have behavioral issues instead of just shutting up and doing what she was told, or Kim, who wouldn't shut up and do what she was told. Basically I want about half the characters to close their gaping pie-holes and just follow orders, apparently.  :D

M@

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 07:15:16 PM »
Well, it just aired.  It's too early for me to make much of a judgment now, but what I saw was kind of middling.  Hopefully, it'll pick up steam and get more exciting.  Hopefully, we'll get to know the new characters more.  As it was, I found myself missing the old ones.

Did anyone else think that Tony looked a lot like a less-fat version of Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now?  The lighting in his scenes was certainly dark enough.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:19:28 PM by BBQ Platypus »
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 10:12:05 PM »
Just finished watching it. Not the greatest start but I liked it. I just hope they don't wuss out and make Tony a good guy again. Just make him bad and evil!

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
Re: 24 season 7 starts 1/11 at 8, 7 Central!! (spoilers)
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 07:24:04 AM »
Just finished watching it. Not the greatest start but I liked it. I just hope they don't wuss out and make Tony a good guy again. Just make him bad and evil!

There's got to be a twist.  Notice how he didn't actually crash the planes?  I think he's doing something... the wrong things for the right reason.  And I doubt he knows he's working for Juma.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 10:24:48 PM »
Well then... That didn't take long for Tony's true intentions. Or at least his intentions now.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 04:06:57 AM »
Pretty boring.  I liked Redemption better.
On timeout

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 06:08:22 AM »
Ok, the first four hours of this season aren't exactly stellar compared to the openers of the better seasons... The whole premise of Bill, Chloe and Tony running their own little counterconspiracy A-Team is sorta flimsy.. but it's early and I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt.

I am confused about one aspect tho... what is the deal with President's son and the suicide? They explain (via his fiance) that he discovered some financial irregularities that connected a cabinet member to the african warlord guy. He was therefore murdered by the conspiracy folks to keep his discovery secret and it was setup to look like a suicide. Ok, I guess that isn't a problem by itself.

However, during the 24:Redemption 'movie', didn't they establish the strung-out, pill popping college friend of the president's son as the guy who discovers the financial arm of the conspiracy? He tells the president's son about it and says he has the evidence on a USB drive... but then is intercepted and tortured and killed before he gets anything concrete to the president's son. Did they just forget about this guy? The president's son had no evidence and was never going to get any evidence, right? It was all strung out college friend. If the president's son had nothing except the accusations from a drug addict, then why risk a huge murder cover-up? Especially for a very public figure like a member of the first family.

It's possible that I missed something along the line that ties this thing together... With a three year old and an eight month old at home, I don't always catch every second of every show.

Oh yea, if you're reading this thread titled "24 Season 7" and then end up surprised that people are talking about specifics of the seventh season of 24, please imagine this response hidden behind spoiler tags. Thanks.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 08:05:17 AM »
Ok, the first four hours of this season aren't exactly stellar compared to the openers of the better seasons... The whole premise of Bill, Chloe and Tony running their own little counterconspiracy A-Team is sorta flimsy.. but it's early and I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt.

I am confused about one aspect tho... what is the deal with President's son and the suicide? They explain (via his fiance) that he discovered some financial irregularities that connected a cabinet member to the african warlord guy. He was therefore murdered by the conspiracy folks to keep his discovery secret and it was setup to look like a suicide. Ok, I guess that isn't a problem by itself.

However, during the 24:Redemption 'movie', didn't they establish the strung-out, pill popping college friend of the president's son as the guy who discovers the financial arm of the conspiracy? He tells the president's son about it and says he has the evidence on a USB drive... but then is intercepted and tortured and killed before he gets anything concrete to the president's son. Did they just forget about this guy? The president's son had no evidence and was never going to get any evidence, right? It was all strung out college friend. If the president's son had nothing except the accusations from a drug addict, then why risk a huge murder cover-up? Especially for a very public figure like a member of the first family.

It's possible that I missed something along the line that ties this thing together... With a three year old and an eight month old at home, I don't always catch every second of every show.

Oh yea, if you're reading this thread titled "24 Season 7" and then end up surprised that people are talking about specifics of the seventh season of 24, please imagine this response hidden behind spoiler tags. Thanks.

I think, in the conversation between the First Gentleman and Samantha, they were explaining that the presiden't son found the evidence independent of his drug-addict friend.  My guess is that he would have been fine if he'd dropped it after his friend disappeared, but instead he just kept digging.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 10:37:09 AM »

Do we all agree that this thread should be about the show as we watch each episode so we don't need spoiler tags?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 11:48:46 AM »

Do we all agree that this thread should be about the show as we watch each episode so we don't need spoiler tags?

Indeed. 

In fact, I coulda sworn I edited the post title to say "SPOILERS" already.  Better try again.