login

Author Topic: 24 season 7 starts 1/11 (SPOILERS).  (Read 18200 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
24 season 7 starts 1/11 (SPOILERS).
« on: January 05, 2009, 08:06:26 AM »
That's just 6 days.

I await it with bated breath! :D

Anyone else catch the first-act preview off the 24: Redemption DVD?  I have a very strong feeling that Tony is not really a villain, but a guy doing bad things for the greater good.  And I'm sure his plot is connected to the stuff going down in Sangala.  Maybe he's trying to stop the Jon Voight character.

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
Re: 24 season 7 starts 1/11!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 09:38:07 AM »
24 has become a confusing mess of a show.

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 09:48:33 AM »

Ummmm....how so, exactly?

The only thing that's remotely confusing is how Tony's even alive (Seriously, WTF?).  Other than that it's a very straightforward show.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 09:52:21 AM »

It kinda always was, as far back as I remember (and that's all the way to season 1).  But, a show about conspiracy and intrigue and terrorist plots is bound to be a little confusing.  I always find the even numbered seasons are a little more over the top and the odd ones a little more grounded.

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 09:54:11 AM »

It kinda always was, as far back as I remember (and that's all the way to season 1).  But, a show about conspiracy and intrigue and terrorist plots is bound to be a little confusing.  I always find the even numbered seasons are a little more over the top and the odd ones a little more grounded.

I suppose that I'm just so used to Lost that 24 seems very straightforward.   :P
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 10:21:28 AM »

I suppose that I'm just so used to Lost that 24 seems very straightforward.   :P

I've been thinking of getting into lost.  Just stack up the past 4 seasons in the old Netflix queue and go with it.  But I saw the first two episodes when the Rifftrax was released, and I just found the characters so damn detestable.  I heard that Lost is the kind of show that gets carried away in its own riddles; basically just creating a huge number of teasers early on that don't get resolved for a VERY long time if they get resolved at all.  24 kinda does the same thing, except its riddles are almost always wrapped up by the end of the season.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 10:33:23 AM »
This thread qualifies for the "most numbers in the title" award. :D
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »
This thread qualifies for the "most numbers in the title" award. :D

I thought the subject line could use a few more.

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
Re: 24 season 7 starts 1/11 at 8, 7 Central!!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 12:33:11 PM »
The little movie didn't wow me but I've always been watching it and I'll continue. Go Jack go!
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 12:52:51 PM »

All the 24 seasons kind of started to just blend together, and I think the show has only had one decent season in recent memory... but.still... It's always a fun enough ride and I'm sure I'll watch this year as well. I also didn't think the little intro movie was very good, but after Asia, Europe and South America, I guess Africa was bound to get its turn on the "24 villian carosel".

I thought that Tony went out like a bitch when he was killed off... but the doozy that they are going to have to drop to explain him being alive will probably be worse.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 01:10:32 PM »

All the 24 seasons kind of started to just blend together, and I think the show has only had one decent season in recent memory... but.still... It's always a fun enough ride and I'm sure I'll watch this year as well. I also didn't think the little intro movie was very good, but after Asia, Europe and South America, I guess Africa was bound to get its turn on the "24 villian carosel".

I thought that Tony went out like a bitch when he was killed off... but the doozy that they are going to have to drop to explain him being alive will probably be worse.

They showed the first act of season 7 as an extra feature on the Redemption DVD.  They really sort of glossed over it. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  Hopefully it will be explained in better detail.

But still, Jack faked his death.  He appeared to have no pulse after that dirty Secret Service agent tried to kill him, but he was fine.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 01:17:55 PM »
Speaking of the 24 Redemption movie... can't they just abandon the whole "events happen in real time" schtick already?

In that movie, Jack and the cosby kids are in the middle of the bush hiking to the city, after commercial break they are downtown within site of the embassy gates. Unless the capital of Swazilimadeupcountry is like two hundred yards across, how the hell did that happen?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 02:31:18 PM »
Speaking of the 24 Redemption movie... can't they just abandon the whole "events happen in real time" schtick already?

In that movie, Jack and the cosby kids are in the middle of the bush hiking to the city, after commercial break they are downtown within site of the embassy gates. Unless the capital of Swazilimadeupcountry is like two hundred yards across, how the hell did that happen?

It was a 6 minute gap.  I assume that those bushes were close to the city.  They'd already been walking / driving for a while.  Seems reasonable that they were already near the city before the commercial break

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 07:04:15 PM »

This is what I mean. There are all these pointless sub-plots and loose ends. When I saw Tony was still alive I just gave up on the show. But I might watch it just to follow Dave Barry's Blog (http://blogs.herald.com/dave_barrys_blog/). He riffs the show when airs.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 08:18:28 PM »
But that's impossible. 24 isn't set in Miami.

Oh, yeah. I went there. Bring it, Barry.