Author Topic: The death of the televison age. The first tone strikes at midnight.....  (Read 1237 times)

Offline darkchashy

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
  • beware strangers baring gifs
that's just how we ride.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Re: The death of the televison age. The first tone strikes at midnight.....
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 06:22:05 PM »
Viacom had a similar situation with DISH Network a few years back.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 09:46:10 PM »
NOT SPONGEBOB!!!!

Who the hell still has cable? And what the hell is Time/Warner cable anyway? Only cable I ever had was Generico Cable, Installed By Bob. Bob, for all your cable installing needs.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 09:50:44 PM »
As soon as My Friend Rabbit comes out on DVD, I'm chucking my satellite service for good. Cable? That's for suckers and old people.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 36
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 09:58:29 PM »
the only thing i have from my cable company is broadband internet.  I've been without cable for six months now, and i don't miss it one bit. 

Offline Destin

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
In my area theres only 2 Cable Providers.... One is Time warner and one is Cox... Im happy I have Cox :)

MontyServo

They sorted it all out anyway, so nobody lost anything.  Except maybe some kiddies had a few anxious moments about possibly losing their Nick.

I'd love to get rid of cable and just have broadband, since I hardly ever watch TV.  But what I do watch, I would miss too much.  So it's not really an option for me.

Doc Steve

I don't have cable or a dish.  I sometimes have to go to a bar or a friend's house to watch a few games a year.  That's the only time I miss it.  Even then, you would have to also buy NFL Network and such for what I'm talking about. 

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 15
But...I needs my daily show fix ;-;
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Doctor Who?

My family stopped getting direct TV a few months ago because of money trouble and i haven't really missed it,$50 a month and ten minutes of every half hour was a adds not to mention that they run adds over the last minute of every show.  I'm fine just waiting for the shows to come to dvd with no adds.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 09:37:59 AM »
At least with satellite radio you don't have to deal with commercials. Television and the Internet are still an absolute deluge of non-stop ads. Thank goodness for ad-blocking software, it gives me at least a modicum of peace online. :)

I'd probably be perfectly happy getting rid of my television altogether and just watching movies and DVDs from time to time.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Doctor Who?

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 09:48:25 AM »
I love my XM radio.

The music doesn't have any adds and laugh USA and Radio Classics don't have nearly as many as TV.