Author Topic: LXG? Ever gonna happen?  (Read 5293 times)

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Re: LXG? Ever gonna happen?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 04:34:21 PM »
OoooOoooOoooh!  ~tweaks nipples~
On timeout

anais.jude

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 04:50:26 PM »
Us writers get free copies right?

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 11:47:57 PM »
Always.

anais.jude

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 10:20:01 AM »

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

anais.jude

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 03:45:12 PM »
We actually recorded Minority Report instead of LXG today cause the script was in much better shape. Sorry you'll have to wait a bit longer for LXG, but you will get Minority Report sooner (and it sounded great)!

anais.jude

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 10:32:17 PM »
We actually recorded Minority Report instead of LXG today cause the script was in much better shape. Sorry you'll have to wait a bit longer for LXG, but you will get Minority Report sooner (and it sounded great)!

Boo! Hiss!

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 05:18:07 AM »

Boo! Hiss!

Wrong!  Horrah, Tom Cruise jokes!
On timeout

anais.jude

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 07:09:11 AM »

Boo! Hiss!

Wrong!  Horrah, Tom Cruise jokes!

Turner SMASH!

Offline Blue Raja

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 1
  • Not Knifey Boy or Stab-Man.
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2009, 08:28:43 AM »

Just curious - is the "live show" script usually that much different than the recorded one?  (Since you mention that it's in a different shape, despite having a live show for LXG) :)
Featuring the taxpayer-funded efforts of Blue Raja, Hellcat, and Skyroniter!

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2009, 09:09:00 AM »
It's pretty much identical to the live show script - the original idea was to have variations for the live show, but we've only explored that idea in Speed - pausing the DVD at a couple points to point out things or trying to get the audience to shout things with us.

LXG needs some massaging script wise - if you remember back, LXG happened during the floods, when we were literally cut off from each other and we didn't have nearly as much rehearsal and editing time. We have a lot of jokes that step on each other, or sequences that seem very disjointed, like jokes that don't flow together or are too similar too each other. During the live show we worked through them as best we can, but when we went to record today, it was definitely jarring. We recorded the first half hour, put it aside, and then flew through Minority Report. It was another reminder of how much our scriptwriting process has improved over time.

I've dumped LXG into the latest version of our software and I'm going to be going through and giving it a clean up, and we'll be getting back in the booth in the next week or two. Meanwhile, I'll be editing Minority Report this week with the hopes of getting it online before the 15th. Odds are low, but I'll do my best.

-Chris

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2009, 06:36:02 PM »
LXG is recorded!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2009, 07:19:18 PM »
Wow, another crappy movie that I own that I may replay value from.

Well played sirs.

Offline Captain Mook

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2009, 09:02:09 PM »

YAAAAAYYY! The end has come! *dances around until he realizes he now has to watch LXG again*