login

Author Topic: QuipTracks-Lady in the Water  (Read 7553 times)

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
Re: QuipTracks-Lady in the Water
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 07:23:01 PM »
I finally got around to listening to it, and I was impressed. You guys did a very good job. I was rolling on the floor for about five minutes when you did "The Jerk" joke.

However, I will not pay for future quips. Just so you know.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 08:38:49 PM »
However, I will not pay for future quips. Just so you know.

Oooh... ouch! I keep telling the others people won't pay but they won't listen.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 08:43:53 PM by Invader_quirk »

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2007, 08:50:47 PM »
Depends on the price, but I'd likely pay for one.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2007, 01:18:06 PM »
Just FYI to everyone here: QuipTracks progress has slowed due to the fact that Kevin got a temporary job out-of-state.

We have started "Stage Two Recording" for The Lost World and are ready to start on Jurassic Park, but we can only record on select weekends...and there's, you know, school and stuff. But there is good news! We are testing out a new method of production involving SubStation Alpha, a freeware subtitle making program that we are using to script our quips and play them back in sync with the movie like a teleprompter. This will allow us to record larger chunks at a time, and will dramatically speed up post-production as well.

Coincidentally, SubStation could also be used to facilitate collaborative fan-riffs as the files are very small and can be merged together...just a thought.

Other QuipTracks we have started scripting for include Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow and Congo.

Thank you to all who have listened! We hope not to keep you waiting much longer.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 01:20:14 PM by Asbestos Bill »

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2007, 10:28:28 PM »
The new, completely re-recorded, somewhat re-written, vastly improved version of the Jurassic Park QuipTrack is finally available! This version uses Beeper for syncing, has fewer lame jokes, more funny jokes, and boasts much higher sound quality than our first take.

If you listened to it before, there is enough new content to warrant downloading the new version. If you have never experienced it..."Hold onto your butts."

« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 07:20:55 PM by Asbestos Bill »

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2007, 06:13:41 AM »
Awesome. Your Jurassic Park riff was, to start with, funny enough to justify the trouble of keeping it in synch, so I can hardly wait to hear the new one.

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2007, 06:15:18 AM »
..... however i can't seem to download it. Huh.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2007, 08:22:36 AM »
Fixed! Try it now.

By the way I'm going to start a new thread for this.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 08:26:28 AM by Invader_quirk »

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2008, 06:39:01 PM »
Something is up with the cover. Is the bottom third totally corrupted for anyone else?
http://quiptracks.com/zencart/images/dvdcovers/QT001.jpg

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2008, 09:44:26 PM »
That's weird...

I'm uploading it again now. I doubt anyone's eyeing this thread, ready to pounce, but it'll be a couple minutes...

Invader_quirk

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2008, 10:08:10 PM »
I'm uploading it again now. I doubt anyone's eyeing this thread, ready to pounce, but it'll be a couple minutes...

No, but I am, however, eyeing your lemon drink.

On a side note, the cover is working for me now.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:13:11 PM by Invader_quirk »

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 05:10:53 AM »
Thanks. Works now.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2008, 09:34:47 PM »
The new, completely re-recorded, somewhat re-written, vastly improved version of the Jurassic Park QuipTrack is finally available! This version uses Beeper for syncing, has fewer lame jokes, more funny jokes, and boasts much higher sound quality than our first take.

If you listened to it before, there is enough new content to warrant downloading the new version. If you have never experienced it..."Hold onto your butts."

Well, this sounds promising enough that a free download of it certainly seemed worth trying.  When it comes to non-Free products though, I suspect I'll be more comfortable getting things from rifftrax.com than going to a bunch of different sites, with different logins that I have to keep track of.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2008, 08:45:23 PM »
Taken from a different thread:
... we're hoping to have [ Mission Impossible 2 ] out by the new year. After that, we're hoping to do a quick redo of Lady in the Water, since it's our oldest, and one of the free tracks that people judge us by. The next episode of the show is also in the works, but it's on hold until MI:2 is done.

I'm glad to hear you're redoing Lady in the Water. My friends and I were in the mood to see another riffed M. Night movie one night and we really enjoyed your take on it. We just thought it was too bad that the audio quality was inconsistent. I wouldn't mind paying for a version with better quality audio.

I downloaded the free Quiptrack for Lady in the Water, and did notice some spots where the audio was a bit haywire.  I had never seen Lady in the Water when it first came out, and was surprised (appalled?) at how bad a movie it is.  It's like M.Night wanted to bring something equivalent to techno-babble to a non-scifi genre.  "Time for a plot twist, so let's visit some random character who will utter some random nonsense that the characters in the movie will then take seriously".  If it's not techno-babble, I'm not sure what to call it.  "Legend-o-babble"?

Fwiw, I'm a person who really thought The Sixth Sense was great, and I even like The Happening, despite how incredibly silly it is in places.  But when watching The Lady in the Water, I spent a lot of time sitting there and thinking "You're kidding, right?  This is awful.  Not only is this a bad movie, this would be bad writing if someone did it for a high-school play".  I guess there were a few clever bits in the movie, but so much of it was utter gibberish nonsense.

Unfortunately I'll have to listen to it again if I want to really rate the Quiptrack.  The quips definitely helped a lot, but there were spots where I was in such disbelief about the movie itself that I lost track of what was being said on the Quiptrack...

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2008, 07:13:26 AM »
It seems to work out best for people to watch the movie by itself once before watching the track. Even if they aren't dumbfounded there is a lot going on in the movie that we ignore/talk over.