Author Topic: Christmasy Thoughts  (Read 16610 times)

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
Re: Christmasy Thoughts
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 01:52:05 AM »
So, in the Fourties, parents not only had to horrify their children by pretending to be THE Santa Claus standing in their living room, in addition to sneaking presents under the tree, but also had to find a hiding place for the entire tree and sneak THAT in AND decorate it in the middle of the night without making a sound?

What's with the ASBESTOS? Is that supposed to be a joke? There's nothing funny about asbestos poisoning, Santa!

Did you notice the kid's mother almost beat him for saying, "gee?" Jeepers, that is one strict household. I mean geez. I don't encourage potty mouth, but those kids are living in a gosh darn mean heckhole!

Offline JoshWay

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 3
  • My mother was a demon!
    • My iRiffs
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 02:29:46 AM »
What's with the ASBESTOS? Is that supposed to be a joke? There's nothing funny about asbestos poisoning, Santa!

My wife and I recently heard an old Christmas song from the 50's with a random asbestos reference in it, and we were similarly perplexed. Then we were reminded that asbestos was associated with heat and warmth before it was associated with mesothelioma.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 04:13:57 AM »

My wife and I recently heard an old Christmas song from the 50's with a random asbestos reference in it, and we were similarly perplexed. Then we were reminded that asbestos was associated with heat and warmth before it was associated with mesothelioma.

Ah the 50s.......... surprised anyone lived through them.

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 04:34:37 AM »

Those were the good 'ol days when Santa stuffed your stocking with Asbestos, unfiltered cigarettes, and cans of chew.
On timeout

Offline Jason Martian

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 201
  • He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
    • The Martian's web site
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 09:16:14 AM »

Those were the good 'ol days when Santa stuffed your stocking with Asbestos, unfiltered cigarettes, and cans of chew.

Don't forget the lead paint!

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 10:25:04 AM »

Don't forget the lead paint!

and those fantastic Lawn Darts for summer fun! and the disfiguring wood burning kit.

Offline countv

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • Sexy Hitler
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 12:04:17 PM »
Is it me or does mike sound a little different? Were the guys on the sause when they recorded this one?
I'd kill for a Santa only commentary track of the whole cartoon.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 02:05:03 PM »
"And then the spider-dog rained hot lead down on the soldiers in an orgy of blood and dismemberment."

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2008, 02:08:43 PM »
Is it me or does mike sound a little different? Were the guys on the sause when they recorded this one?

I noticed that too, especially in the beginning.  Maybe he was working through a cold?
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Jason Martian

• Big Montana
    • The Martian's web site
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2008, 02:11:43 PM »

I noticed that too, especially in the beginning.  Maybe he was working through a cold?

It's the all meat diet.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2008, 02:15:05 PM »

It's the all meat diet.

The voice that bacon made?
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2008, 02:24:52 PM »
No, it was clearly a LACK of bacon problem. Sometimes you have to do a short just in time for Christmas and you find yourself not properly baconated.

Offline Insert Coin(s) to Continue

• Big Montana
    • Insert Coin(s) to Continue
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2008, 01:38:53 AM »
The riffing is always funny here, but for the first time in a while, the riffing on this short really felt fresh and inspired. Great short!

Offline Jason Martian

• Big Montana
    • The Martian's web site
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2008, 09:47:23 AM »
Of course, I doubt many will be online, much less online here tomorrow, to I will say my Maury Christmas to you all now.

Oops... I mean Merry Christmas!

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

Oh... and on a final note.

... at RiffTrax of course!  ;)

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2008, 01:40:34 PM »