login

Author Topic: Previews on main page too loud?  (Read 1664 times)

Offline NeuroManson

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
Previews on main page too loud?
« on: December 05, 2008, 07:03:59 PM »
9 out of 10 times, whenever I go to the new Rifftrax page, the riffs and movie audio come blaring out at heavily distorted levels. I have no problems with anything from YouTube, or even downloaded Rifftrax audio and shorts, but it's annoying to have the website screaming at me the moment I go in. The player doesn't remember my settings when I try turning it down, and it autoplays every time I access the page. I may also be watching MST3K reruns at times, so I know it isn't just me having my volume turned up too loudly.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Do electric sheep dream of android Scotsmen?

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2370
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Previews on main page too loud?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 07:09:37 PM »
I hadn't noticed because I had the player set to off and it's saved that setting for me.  When I turned it on just now it did seem louder than it should be, compared to the riff I was just editing.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5298
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 02:12:45 PM »
9 out of 10 times, whenever I go to the new Rifftrax page, the riffs and movie audio come blaring out at heavily distorted levels. I have no problems with anything from YouTube, or even downloaded Rifftrax audio and shorts, but it's annoying to have the website screaming at me the moment I go in. The player doesn't remember my settings when I try turning it down, and it autoplays every time I access the page. I may also be watching MST3K reruns at times, so I know it isn't just me having my volume turned up too loudly.

I've noticed the same thing. It's very annoying. Why can't the sound ramp up when it starts, or a delay of a few seconds one the page is up. Something.

Offline NeuroManson

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 05:23:19 PM »

I've noticed the same thing. It's very annoying. Why can't the sound ramp up when it starts, or a delay of a few seconds one the page is up. Something.

Or just a "push butan, receive yuks" option?
Do electric sheep dream of android Scotsmen?

Offline JohnnyLongbone

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 06:08:47 PM »

I concur.  All one would need to do (one who works on this site) is go into the player's settings and set the default auto-play volume a little lower.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6632
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 06:14:12 PM »
there's a sample player setting in the account preferences, but i suppose that wouldn't help people that aren't logged in.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline mr.b.natural

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 109
  • Mr.B you're hot!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 06:45:08 PM »
I agree with this complaint.  I turned off the player because of this but that doesn't help if I'm not logged in. 

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 241
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 10:35:30 PM »
Yeah we'd turned it down once already but we'll check it out again.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5298
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 07:43:38 PM »
Yeah we'd turned it down once already but we'll check it out again.
I have noticed that it is better recently. Thanks