login

Author Topic: Speaking of "The Year Without A Santa Claus"  (Read 2832 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Speaking of "The Year Without A Santa Claus"
« on: December 11, 2006, 03:24:09 PM »
http://www.nbc.com/The_Year_Without_A_Santa_Claus/

Yes that is Harvey Fierstein!
Tonight on NBC.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
Re: Speaking of "The Year Without A Santa Claus"
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 02:27:21 AM »
GAH! KILL IT!

John Goodman has already played the definitive Santa:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 02:29:15 AM by Sharktopus »

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 03:20:24 PM »
Did anybody watch it?  Does anyone have a report on it? 

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 06:24:46 PM »
That's interesting in a scary way.  I know I've seen this but I can't remember what happens.  I just remember the "I'm Mister Heat Miser, I'm Mr. Sun" song.  I can see that part vividly in my head but nothing else.

I always did think Santa was a jerk in Rudolph.  That's a good message to send to children.  In today's cinema, Rudolph would have went on a killing spree. and blown them all away with uzis.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 06:28:48 PM »
I always did think Santa was a jerk in Rudolph.  That's a good message to send to children. 

We just took my 14 month old son to see Santa, at the mall, for the first time. He didn't want anything to do with Santa. Maybe its 'cause he got the wrong message from watching Rudolph? Or maybe its just because Santa just sat there doing nothing, except being tough with is fluffy white beard and all...

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 08:56:38 PM »
When I was a kid my mom had Santa come see me at my house (it was really an uncle of mine). I was only 6  but I still remember the horror to this day.  They had me come to answer the door and he grabbed me so I started wailing (I'm not to clear on this part).  The part that I remember is that I somehow got away, locked myself into my room and pushed a small dresser I had against the door.  I refused to come out.  He told me it was him, etc.  I also don't remember why I came out but I vividly remember locking the door and barricading myself in.

I was a shy kid and I didn't really like strangers even talking to me.  I don't know why mom thought it was a good idea to have a strange fellow come, pick me up and attempt to, for all I knew, kidnap me from my own house.  Parents...what are they thinking?

It is kind of bizarre that we tell our kids to fear strangers and yet we want them to set on some strange fellow's lap and bear their deepest wishes.  I guess you should fear strangers unless they bring you cool presents.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?