Author Topic: Will 'Shake Hands with Danger' short be released by itself??  (Read 8275 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Will 'Shake Hands with Danger' short be released by itself??
« on: November 29, 2008, 07:26:06 AM »
Just curious to know if this one will ever come out as a $.99 (or more) short for download like all the rest?? :-\

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
Re: Will 'Shake Hands with Danger' short be released by itself??
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 09:09:54 PM »
I doubt it. The version on the RiffTrax DVD is an edited (shortened) version of the real one. If they released a RiffTrax Mp3 for it, it wouldn't sync up.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 10:17:09 AM »
I doubt it. The version on the RiffTrax DVD is an edited (shortened) version of the real one. If they released a RiffTrax Mp3 for it, it wouldn't sync up.

Remember though...Rifftrax has been releasing the source audio mp3 along with the riff mp3 with the VOD's for a while now. It's possible that they'll do something like that.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 765
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 10:25:43 AM »

Remember though...Rifftrax has been releasing the source audio mp3 along with the riff mp3 with the VOD's for a while now. It's possible that they'll do something like that.

But if it is for the edited short that would be kinda hard to do on our own.  I did not know they edited the short for this. That is a little disappointing..
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 11:43:09 AM »
We haven't sourced our shorts from archive.org for a long time.  That's why we don't recommend trying to synch them up with the archive version.  I'm not sure where all the ones we get come from, but we've seen scenes missing, credits missing, pops and blips in different spots...Right or Wrong was even in color on our source and black and white on archive

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 09:36:15 PM »
We haven't sourced our shorts from archive.org for a long time.  That's why we don't recommend trying to synch them up with the archive version.  I'm not sure where all the ones we get come from, but we've seen scenes missing, credits missing, pops and blips in different spots...Right or Wrong was even in color on our source and black and white on archive

Someone , somewhere said you guys were using the DVDs that Fantomas put out. The Educational Archives Series.  If that is where you got the Shake Hands with Danger than I am not dissapointed since that is the version I have only seen. I am now off to download the archive.org version to see if that is longer...
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 10:43:46 PM »
Yeah we used DVD sources but this short was edited for content and runtime purposes. Not sure on the specifics, though. And it's just another reason to get our DVD ;)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 10:47:35 PM »
Yeah we used DVD sources but this short was edited for content and runtime purposes. Not sure on the specifics, though. And it's just another reason to get our DVD ;)

Ahh bummer. I have the DVD I just haven't watched it yet.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 07:34:58 PM »
this short was edited for content and runtime purposes.
Why?

Not sure on the specifics, though.
Again, why?

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 08:25:09 PM »
Content and Runtime pretty much explain it. That's really all I can say on the matter. I did the edit, but it was pretty soon after I joined the team so I was more concerned with doing a good job than asking the purpose of the job.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 08:27:38 PM by Thrashalla »
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 08:25:19 PM »
Well if you guys do decide to put this one up on the individual selling block (with or without the animation) I'll be get'n it :)

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 12:51:20 AM »
Content and Runtime pretty much explain it.
No, not really. Was it deemed too long for human viewing? Were there scenes of graphic bad acting? It was on a DVD well under two hours, not a cable TV network with strict regulations and timeslots.

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 01:39:39 AM »
Content and Runtime pretty much explain it.
No, not really. Was it deemed too long for human viewing? Were there scenes of graphic bad acting? It was on a DVD well under two hours, not a cable TV network with strict regulations and timeslots.

I was reading about the film on archive.org where they offer a 23 minute version. "CONTENT ADVISORY: May be frightening and surprising to some viewers." Apparently the results of certain accidents are kinda hard to watch. I'm guessing realistic gore is hard to riff on. Plus if some of the material covered is unnecessarily repetitive, they might want to cut that too for pacing reasons.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 01:42:28 AM by FordPrefect »

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 03:20:32 AM »
I dunno, I'd like to see their low budget Kensington gore of a guy getting ground up in some machinery. Got to be worth a laugh since it wouldn't be worth anything else.

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 03:45:58 AM »
I dunno, I'd like to see their low budget Kensington gore of a guy getting ground up in some machinery. Got to be worth a laugh since it wouldn't be worth anything else.

http://www.archive.org/details/ShakeHan1970