Author Topic: Request a iRiff!  (Read 91497 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Request a iRiff!
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 02:41:13 PM »

Offline zenmichael

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
    • Holy Nightmare Productions
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 04:04:20 PM »
I've said this before but I really want the movie WANTED riffed.  It comes out on DVD December 2nd.  I'm sincerely hoping the rifftrax guys do it and give us all a really good early Christmas present.  I'd do it but I could never do as good a job, especially by myself, as they'll do and the movie really deserves only the highest quality riffing.  But even if they don't get to it after a while I'd love for Riff Raff Theater or RoninFox to do scripts from everyone so its guaranteed to be at least pretty good.  Their stuff has been the most professionally sounding too.

This is actually one of the three movies I'm working on right now, but I find it difficult because I REALLY like the first half hour. After that, it's all butter, but that first half hour is awesome. But, yeah, the comic is probably in my top 5 favorite comics, and seeing them get SO CLOSE to the point & then just dropping the ball really makes me excited to do it as a riff. Oh, and I asked everyone who agreed to riff ST w/me what THEY'D like to riff, and Wanted was one that was picked.
Michael T Bradley
Ice on Mars

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2008, 04:05:20 PM »
You know, you get the ButterCream Gang and the Apple Dumpling Gang together, and you got yourself a helluva Thanksgiving.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2008, 05:36:44 PM »
I'd like to see someone do "Dungeons and Dragons". That one with Jeremy Irons? Yeah.

M @

anais.jude

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2008, 05:38:44 PM »
actually some dudes did Dungeons and Dragons and put it on youtube. It was more like an MST3K thing than a rifftrax, but there was riffing going on

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 08:23:08 PM »
HULK

Also, a request for ALL potential iRiff makers: remember that there is no time deadline, or limit to how many people can be involved. So unless you are deliberately trying to make your iRiff similar to a season one MST3K episode, there is no excuse for lack of quantity of jokes. Obviously quality is a matter of opinion, but since all of us here have at least an appreciation for Rifftrax and MST3K, I think it is reasonable to expect a decent sense of humor. So please, take the time to fill in any dead spaces, and if the jokes aren't funny, or you can't come up with something good for the fifteenth parking scene halfway through the movie, try to get someone else to come in a help. We all learned from the best.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 07:01:34 AM »
Total Recall 8)

Pitch Black :scared:

Both would be GR8 Riff targets as well

Moleman

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 01:39:52 PM »
I just saw that they put Gattaca on Hulu.  I've never seen the whole thing but I think that one is definitely riffable.  Be cool if we actually could make a riff compatible with the video on Hulu like the Hulk episode but with the varying commercial break lengths its impossible.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 04:44:38 PM »
Uh, they put commercial breaks during a movie, but not a TV show? What is Hulu smoking?

anais.jude

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 05:06:37 PM »
Uh, they put commercial breaks during a movie, but not a TV show? What is Hulu smoking?

and where can I get some?

Offline OmegaR!

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 10:16:31 PM »
???

They've always had commercial breaks during all the content on Hulu, or am I missing something?

Moleman

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 10:36:15 PM »
I have no idea what their talking about.  There have always been commercials on all their content even short clips of episodes.

What I meant was that I believe the breaks always happen at the same points in the episode/movie every time except sometimes the commercial is 30 seconds long and sometimes its only 10 seconds and they're different every time.

I was thinking about this today and I did come up with a couple ways around it.  One way would be to split your riff into seperate files that each last until the commerical break and the next part would be started at the end of the commercial.  One problem with this is its very hard to pause the Hulu video at the exact second the ad stops because if you try to click you'll either be way off or you'll click the dot and the ad will start again. The time of the video will always be the same though so if the riff and video are both paused at the right sync time it should work if you give yourself one second to unpause one then unpause the other and then immediately have a sinc line.  Its possible to do it but all this isn't very convenient for the viewer.

A second way would be to have an ad blocker running.  When I use Firefox and have my adblock plus add-on running on that site it always comes up with a 30 second message that I should turn off my ad-blocking software.  So that way the breaks will always be the same amount of time for everyone.  But obviously encouraging people to block advertisements which allows Hulu to exist legally in the first place isn't such a good idea.

Offline OmegaR!

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 10:47:44 PM »
During the brief run of the Hulk RiffTrax the commercials were at various points and at various lengths (It took me more than one sitting to get to the end) and the riffing wasn't affected, afterward, interested in this Overcast technology, I went in search of the website, but never found it, needless to say, they (Overcast) found a way around the commercial breaks

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2008, 02:57:54 PM »