Author Topic: Comic Book Thread  (Read 165007 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
Re: Comic Book Thread
« Reply #555 on: September 24, 2014, 08:09:57 PM »
Finally got around to picking up The Twelve Vol. 2, might actually get around to reading the series this weekend.

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 171
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
« Reply #556 on: September 24, 2014, 09:23:28 PM »
I have both of these on the way, really looking forward to them (especially the first since says Michael Moorcock says that it's his favorite adaptation of his work):

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5890
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #558 on: September 25, 2014, 12:50:05 PM »

Picked up Nexus Omnibus Vol. 1.  Just started, and while I doubt it's going to be among my favourites, it's a pretty solid read so far.  Curious to see where it goes.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 646
« Reply #559 on: September 25, 2014, 02:00:30 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on that Elric book, I'm all over that when it comes out.

...and the addiction deepens.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #560 on: September 25, 2014, 04:32:37 PM »

Picked up Nexus Omnibus Vol. 1.  Just started, and while I doubt it's going to be among my favourites, it's a pretty solid read so far.  Curious to see where it goes.
Just got that myself at Rose City and got it signed by the creators. Never read it and looking forward to it.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1516
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #561 on: September 25, 2014, 05:12:17 PM »
Though they do have the original: http://www.amazon.com/Super-Dictionary-Warner-Educational-Services/dp/0030437563/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1411600096&sr=1-1&keywords=super+dictionary

Dang. That's way out of my price range. There's got to be a digitized version somewhere... Off to the Google Machine I go!

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4929
« Reply #562 on: September 25, 2014, 06:37:17 PM »
In its day, Nexus was pretty much the most interesting/revolutionary series out there.  I still think of it quite fondly (and have my set safely boxed away).

I've got a page of original art from B&W Nexus #2 [a key plot point occurs on the page]*.  Later Steve Rude autographed it for me (this was many, many years ago).  One of these days I have to set aside the money and wallspace to frame and hang some of the original art I have.  It is a shame to have most of it sitting in an artist portfolio carrying/protective case. :(

* This spoiler is for a major plot point/spoiler for that second issue.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #563 on: September 25, 2014, 08:18:17 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on that Elric book, I'm all over that when it comes out.

...and the addiction deepens.

It's out, I actually got a copy in the mail today. Due to a family emergency situation, I'm not really in a mood to read it right now unfortunately.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #564 on: September 25, 2014, 08:34:14 PM »
In its day, Nexus was pretty much the most interesting/revolutionary series out there.  I still think of it quite fondly (and have my set safely boxed away).

I've got a page of original art from B&W Nexus #2 [a key plot point occurs on the page]*.  Later Steve Rude autographed it for me (this was many, many years ago).  One of these days I have to set aside the money and wallspace to frame and hang some of the original art I have.  It is a shame to have most of it sitting in an artist portfolio carrying/protective case. :(

* This spoiler is for a major plot point/spoiler for that second issue.

I started buying some of those Profolio books with the big sleeves to hold my original art. Then it's like I'm collecting my own artbook. There are a few pieces I have framed (like my Stan Sakai watercolor.)

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4860
« Reply #565 on: September 26, 2014, 10:41:22 AM »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3702
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #566 on: September 27, 2014, 01:12:57 PM »
Deadpool Bi-Annual (aka the one with Brute Force)

Holy Crap!

Yeah I should have been a lot more specific.  It was a lot of fun.  Though being my first Deadpool one, some of it caught me offguard.  It was nice seeing Brute Force in action, too.  Also...

I just read this one, myself. I have to say, Seaworld revenge fantasy is a much underutilized genre of storytelling...

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #567 on: September 27, 2014, 08:04:27 PM »
I read the Elric book last night, it was really good, I'm looking forward to more. It's supposed to be the first part of a 4-part series.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #568 on: October 01, 2014, 09:34:02 AM »
Okay, what the heck?

All of these were released today:

I don't recall ever seeing the "stand chest to chest and stare at each other" pose before, and yet here are three all on the same day, and from different companies and artists.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6257
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #569 on: October 01, 2014, 09:40:47 AM »
Wow, that Batman Superman cover looks like shit.