Author Topic: Comic Book Thread  (Read 169751 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: Comic Book Thread
« Reply #450 on: May 27, 2014, 05:00:32 PM »
Adult Swim has a new Batman series. Called, "Beware the Batman" it is all CGI, very interesting. Alfred is a younger dude, bald, still has the MI6 background but he acts as Bruce Wayne's bodyguard....

It is not Paul Dini or Alan Burnette but it is Sam Register who was their guy. Made a lot of DC movies. Good Batman animated movies. Very obscure villains like "Magpie" but they have to have the Joker. We'll see, only two eps so far and the next one features Anarky! So, that would be good!

It's good that it still exists. They took it off the air at the end of last year and it looked like it was going away like most good action cartoons do.

Is it back on? I thought it was cancelled when it went away.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5035
« Reply #451 on: May 27, 2014, 06:42:39 PM »
Adult Swim has a new Batman series. Called, "Beware the Batman" it is all CGI, very interesting. Alfred is a younger dude, bald, still has the MI6 background but he acts as Bruce Wayne's bodyguard....

It is not Paul Dini or Alan Burnette but it is Sam Register who was their guy. Made a lot of DC movies. Good Batman animated movies. Very obscure villains like "Magpie" but they have to have the Joker. We'll see, only two eps so far and the next one features Anarky! So, that would be good!

It's good that it still exists. They took it off the air at the end of last year and it looked like it was going away like most good action cartoons do.

Is it back on? I thought it was cancelled when it went away.

[Thanks to my brain being past capacity with doc appointment and food shopping today, I had written an incisive response, then accidentally clicked a link and lost it all. >:(]

Wikipedia says that when it was on before, all the created episodes hadn't been aired before it was cancelled and removed from the schedule.  It is only on long enough now to show the whole series (13 eps?).
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #452 on: May 30, 2014, 11:49:45 PM »
I'm not aware of any plans to show the remaining episodes on TV. Don't even get me started on the stuposity of WB/DC/Cartoon Network in all this.

EDIT: Maybe this Adult Swim re-airing is CN's way of trying to squeeze some value out of the thirteen episodes before the second half of the season comes out on Blu-Ray.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:57:04 PM by gbeenie »
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 544
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #453 on: June 01, 2014, 05:44:16 PM »
Thought I'd share my experience at my local comicon with you fans!

Well, another con is in the bag and I had an absolute blast. It was the most successful con I've ever had, bar none, and I got to meet a lot of cool folks. I decided this year to get out of the print game (at least of characters I don't own) and so I marked the last of my old prints down to a buck each and blew them out of my stand. The big sellers, though, were shirts and original art. Not as many books as before, but I think being sold out of Book One of Catbeard worked against me. Still, I did sell some of Book Two, which included the Free Comic Day issue so people could read his origins. Definitely gotta get that reprint done, though.
I also got to meet Charlie Schmidt, originator of the internet meme Keyboard Cat (something that makes me laugh). He's been to Spokane Comicon nearly every year, but I finally worked up the nerve to talk to him this year. I didn't get to meet Bento, the current Keyboard Cat (who was also there briefly) because his line was HUGE, and the little guy could only deal with so much before he had to go home. I ended up buying one of the Keyboard Cat piano-playing dolls, which are apparently becoming pretty rare. I also drew Charlie a Keyboard Cat wearing a Catbeard shirt.
Spokane Batman came by my table and I got to snap a pic of him reading the Catbeard book. He's a local cosplayer who does a lot of charity events and appearances, and his Batman costume is really top-notch. He looks great in person.
All in all, the con was a ton of fun. I seriously wish I could just live at comicons. Next year the con is moving to a bigger locale and rebranding as Lilac City Comicon (the name change is largely due to confusion with another local sci-fi and fantasy con, Spocon), and it's pretty exciting. I included some photos of my table display, me and Charlie, and Spokane Batman for your perusal.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 10:57:16 PM by mattwnelson »

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 124
  • Hello!
« Reply #454 on: June 01, 2014, 11:10:58 PM »

Well, clearly, I am way behind on my Batman lovin' if youse guyses are sayin' that this show was on before and this is just a repeat... I mean... is that what you are sayin'?  That it is cancelled but they are just re-airing the first season On-Demand?

Well, that sucks, however, I must admit, after watching the show with "Anarky" (the third ep) I was disappointed with their treatment of him. Anarky was one of my favourite 90's Batman villains.

Actually, I am way behind on my Adult Swim lovin'... I was actually just on the On Demand to catch-up.... Batman caught my eye, as he always does.... (totally gay for him....).
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5338
« Reply #455 on: June 03, 2014, 05:49:06 PM »
Gerry Conway weighs in on the David Goyer controversy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #456 on: June 05, 2014, 04:13:38 PM »
Marvel's Brute Force returns... kinda.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #457 on: June 05, 2014, 04:28:34 PM »
To me, the real interested part is that it's written by Paul Scheer from Human Giant and How Did This Get Made.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bUNUMoLmuo0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bUNUMoLmuo0</a>

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #458 on: June 15, 2014, 06:10:24 PM »
Wha?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3236
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #459 on: June 15, 2014, 06:14:29 PM »
I am a fan of the art of Sam Kieth, but I don't even know what I am looking at there.
FINE

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #460 on: June 15, 2014, 06:19:58 PM »
He's gone full Tetsuo.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3236
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #461 on: June 15, 2014, 06:28:39 PM »
The awful colouring doesn't help it.
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5035
« Reply #462 on: June 15, 2014, 06:29:23 PM »
Wha?

When I first saw this, I thought, "this has got to be a Marvel April Fool's joke - or a revival of 'Not Brand Ecchhh'!" ::)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2054
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #463 on: June 15, 2014, 06:40:15 PM »
Wha?

This is like one of those ink blot tests...

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7307
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #464 on: June 15, 2014, 06:44:19 PM »
I am a fan of the art of Sam Kieth, but I don't even know what I am looking at there.

i think wolvie's trying to shove batman up his asshole. :speechless:
dF = 0
d*F = J