General Discussion > Books 'n Readin'

Comic Book Thread

<< < (2/193) > >>

Johnny Unusual:
Right now I'm reading and enjoying Brian K Vaughan's Ex Machina.  This would make a great TV series.

ManUnderMask:

--- Quote from: KingOfShippers on November 25, 2008, 03:44:12 PM ---I've started reading Vertigo's Fables recently, and in my opinion it's nothing sort of fantastic and Frau Totenkinder is awesome.

--- End quote ---

I tried to read Fables, but I didn't really like it.

Right now I'm rereading the Ultraverse (Malibu's hero universe that Marvel bought and killed). Currently I'm on Prime.

I own every issue for that universe.

Just for those who don't know, Malibu was the company that originally published Men in Black.

KingOfShippers:

--- Quote from: ManUnderMask on November 25, 2008, 04:02:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: KingOfShippers on November 25, 2008, 03:44:12 PM ---I've started reading Vertigo's Fables recently, and in my opinion it's nothing sort of fantastic and Frau Totenkinder is awesome.

--- End quote ---

I tried to read Fables, but I didn't really like it.

--- End quote ---

how much did you read of it.

ManUnderMask:

--- Quote from: KingOfShippers on November 26, 2008, 05:09:27 PM ---how much did you read of it.

--- End quote ---

The first issue (that sex scene was friggin hilarious!) and then the last few issues of the storyline about Haven. Since there may be more than one, it's the one where the king turns the wooden soldiers into a forest at the end, and Boy Blue brings Red to Haven so she can be with the king.

I just didn't like it. Maybe if I hadn't skipped so many issues in between maybe I would've liked it more. I guess I should not have read Grimm's Fairy Tales first. Great comic by the way, Grimm's Fairy Tales.

KingOfShippers:
yeah i did the same thing as you, though i got mine from the library, I ended up getting Legends in Exile  (Vol 1) and then had to jump all the way to the one with the Arabian Fables along with Wolves (Fun Read by the way) and then had to jump again to The Good Prince (the one with Haven) which followed with the newest one War & Pieces and latter picked up Homeland (Featuring Boy Blue's one-man raid against the Adversary) and seeing as how the Library (or Books-a-Million) doesn't have any of the others it looks like i'll be buying those off of Amazon. but I suggest you pick up Homelands, if your still interested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version