login

Author Topic: Still problems with Ondemand Plan 9  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Marc

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Still problems with Ondemand Plan 9
« on: November 14, 2008, 12:04:57 PM »
Hey there again. I'm still having problems with down loading Plan 9 with the riffs already added to the movie. I'm VERY VERY technologically illiterate, so I'm not savy on how to convert what I down loaded to something else, if that's what I need to do in order to transfer the movie to my iPod. I've tried to open the movie using iPod and internet explorer, but nothing seems to happen. Do I need to buy the movie all over again? This is a little frustrating, considering how easy it was to down load and transfer the shorts to my iPod.

Thank you for your help and your patience for someone who's all thumbs when it comes to the computer.

Marc

Offline Marc

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Re: Still problems with Ondemand Plan 9
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 10:32:37 AM »
Alright, not to sound like an ass, but is there any chance instead of just viewing my post someone out there could actually give out some advice and help me with my problem? It would be appreciated.

Offline Marc

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 02:24:43 PM »
OK, this is getting frustrating. 58 people viewed my post, but so far no help. Can anyone out there help someone out who is all thumbs when it comes to computers? Please?

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 02:56:27 PM »
I think Plan 9 is DRM protected, so you won't be able to convert it to play on your iPod.

They might have changed this though.  Send an email to support@rifftrax.com
On timeout

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 241
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 03:40:12 PM »
Not sure how we missed this, but the VOD features aren't compatible with iPods. They're DivX-encoded files meant to be watched on a computer or DivX-capable device (such as an Xbox 360 or PS3 or compatible DVD player).

However there is software out there that should let you convert from one format to the other. Others here have done this, can you guys give him some help?

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 05:42:58 PM »
Hey there again. I'm still having problems with down loading Plan 9 with the riffs already added to the movie. I'm VERY VERY technologically illiterate, so I'm not savy on how to convert what I down loaded to something else, if that's what I need to do in order to transfer the movie to my iPod. I've tried to open the movie using iPod and internet explorer, but nothing seems to happen. Do I need to buy the movie all over again? This is a little frustrating, considering how easy it was to down load and transfer the shorts to my iPod.

I think that most people are spending their times in the "iRiff" and "Fan riffing" sections of this forum, so the video-conversion experts aren't seeing this.

Which platform are you on?  MacOS or Windows?  I'm a MacOS user, and it never occurred to me to convert the DivX files because they're larger than I would want to play on my iPod.  I did a quick test on my older Mac (which is what I'm on right now), and it looks like VisualHub knows how to convert DivX files into something that the ipod can easily handle.  There are even ipod-specific settings in VisualHub to make it easy.  But given this is an older, slower Mac, it's telling me that it will be 2 hours before I know for sure if the conversion processes has worked.

The bad news is that the main developer of VisualHub recently gave up on it, and it may be hard to track down the installer for any of his versions.

The good news is that he switched it to be an open-source project, and other people are now going to try continuing it's development.  The project is now called "FilmRedux" (so you'd have to look for that and not "VisualHub").  I could do some more poking around, but all of this is probably irrelevant unless you're running on a MacOS 10 machine.  I'm sure there are similar converter programs for Windows, but I don't work with Windows so I don't know what the solutions might be.