login

Author Topic: Need help figuring out the name of a movie  (Read 3186 times)

Offline robertraur

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • And the wine flows....
Re: Need help figuring out the name of a movie
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 10:46:28 AM »
How about that one with Sly Stallone in which he's a gangster, and goes straight to honor his father's dying wish?

Was someone from the golden girls in this movie, and does he plan on making a sequal to it?  Alright, its Oscar.

Somewhat of a serious question.  I remember watching a movie about a school where all the kids were out of control, so the administration got kick-ass robot teachers.  It was 80's and the hero was a somewhat reformed punk kid (while he drank and smoked, but refused to do drugs).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anytime someone offers you 10,000 to 1 odds, you take it.
Lets just say if John Mellancamp ever wins an Oscar, I'll be a rich man.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 11:46:52 AM »
How about that one with Sly Stallone in which he's a gangster, and goes straight to honor his father's dying wish?

Was someone from the golden girls in this movie, and does he plan on making a sequal to it?  Alright, its Oscar.

Somewhat of a serious question.  I remember watching a movie about a school where all the kids were out of control, so the administration got kick-ass robot teachers.  It was 80's and the hero was a somewhat reformed punk kid (while he drank and smoked, but refused to do drugs).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I remember that one!!!

It's almost like the robot teachers were German, since they were sporting high buzz cuts. It was the 80s, after all! They start kicking the crap out of the trouble students, and it was sweet!!!

I'll see if I can find the title of it.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 11:58:02 AM »
You know what, I think it's this one:

Class of 1999 II - The Substitute

I found "Class of 1999", and the description seemed to match the movie, but I didn't see any buzzcut people. When I found the cover for part 2, I saw the guy I remembered from the movie.

This is a perfect candidate for a classic MST3K riff!! Too bad it's obscure. I doubt you'd be able to find a copy outside of Ebay.

Offline robertraur

• Schnappi Supporter
  • And the wine flows....
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 12:22:56 PM »
The one I remember was Class of 1999, I just don't remember anything that warranted a sequal.  Nice find.

Anytime someone offers you 10,000 to 1 odds, you take it.
Lets just say if John Mellancamp ever wins an Oscar, I'll be a rich man.