login

Author Topic: Plan 9 problems  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Marc

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Plan 9 problems
« on: November 09, 2008, 05:40:05 PM »
I bought the riff version of Plan 9 and tried downloading it twice to my computer. When it appeared on my documents and I double clicked on it to open, my computer sent a pop up saying: "Windows cannot open this file. To open this file, windows needs to know what program created it." So I wanted to see what I can do to access my file. I've purchased and downloaded a bunch of shorts, and didn't have any problems with down loading them and then transfering them over to my Itunes, so I'm puzzled.

Thanks

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
Re: Plan 9 problems
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 08:35:21 AM »
I'm not sure I am clear on which version of Plan 9 you bought.  Did you buy the Video on Demand version or the MP3/.riff version?

If you downloaded the .riff file, you will need to download the RiffTrax Player in order to watch it:

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax-player

If you downloaded the video on demand version (if you did, it will be a much larger file, hundreds of megabytes), you should try using the media player VLC to watch it:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Offline Marc

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 11:04:29 AM »
I downloaded the On Demand version with the riffing included on the movie,  which lists it as the DRM-Free DivX version. I wasn't intending to watch this on my computer, because I thought, like with the shorts, that I could down load it then transfer the movie onto my I Pod, which I had no problem doing. Is there something I missed, or do I need to down load something else in order to make this happen?

Marc

Offline Marc

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 11:12:24 AM »
PS-

Plan 9 didn't have other download options like the shorts had, ie. that you could choose the iPod version, the Zune, etc etc. It just had one, the DMR-Free DivX version. Did I buy the wrong version of the movie in order to down load it to my iPod?

Marc

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 11:16:35 AM »
Our full length movies are only available in Divx format.  It is DRM-Free and can be converted to any other format you need, but a divx file will not play on an ipod without being converted.