login

Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 310224 times)

Offline Prince of Space 5049

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
  • Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1740 on: July 07, 2014, 12:20:42 PM »
Just watched MicroRiffs "Blood Feast" I remember this movie from when I was young. It's deliciously awful.  I thought they did a really good job, considering the subject matter.  MKB don't seem to handle the horror genre very well IMO.  I had a thoroughly good time watching this one.  Keep up the good work guys :clap:
[

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5365
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1741 on: July 16, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »
iJust finished watching the Incognito Cinema Warriors XP episode 3: Bloody Pit of Horror (with short The Talking Car) - My first ICWXP episode. I really enjoyed it. They are not quite as good as the top tier iRiff groups. But their vocal performance was good, you can tell them apart, they put energy into their performance, and there is plenty variety in the jokes. Obviously, the thing that puts them apart is the full presentation. Sets, host segments, show premise, characters, puppets, shadowrama, everything. It's done with varying degrees of quality. The two puppets Johnny Cylon and Topsy Bot are very well done. The shadowrama effect is good, clean and easy to see. I also really like their main food counter set, it looks very professional. The puppet for Zed... much much less so. Rikk is no great shakes an actor, but at least he has enthusiasm and screen presence and can hold his own with the puppets. The host segments I didn't find very funny, but I think when I watch more episodes I may warm up to them. They do go on for a bit too long, especially the intro and last one. Although I don't know if that's partly because they were setting up the new character Zed. Oh, and one downright negative, the theme song is AWFUL!
I will definitely be checking out more of ICWXP riffs. Probably picking up one of the 3 packs.

As for the movie itself, it is a delightfully thick slice of 70s cheese. Perfect for riffing. Surprisingly no nudity, as it is otherwise sleazy (unless ICWXP edited it out).
And the short The Talking Car! I can't believe Rifftrax hasn't jumped on this like a dog on a three legged cat.

I got the new King James version! It's crazy!

(Dog rolls over) - Hey, my SUV does the same trick.

"This day shall be written in blood!" - TUESDAY!

The uninhabited must use Pledge.

The "this music is badly looped" singing was great.

Behold STRIPPERCLAUS!

Flava Flav lives again through me!

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 346
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #1742 on: July 16, 2014, 08:41:09 PM »
Yeah, that one is really good, but the host segments are excruciating. I have no idea how they can be so funny in the theater and so unbearably unfunny out of it.
They made a five-minute song seventeen times longer. We're cutting it down to size. The QuipTrack for The Christmas Shoes is AVAILABLE NOW at QuipTracks.com.

Offline ithonicfury

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #1743 on: July 17, 2014, 07:49:29 AM »
I liked the host segment with the ghost car, and the rest I can kinda take or leave. For the riffing, I preferred it to the Rifftrax version.

Offline NosferatusCoffin

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 64
    • Cinemasochism
« Reply #1744 on: July 18, 2014, 06:45:58 AM »
Outside of the host segments, I consider ICWXP  to be every bit as good as MST3K was in their prime. The riffing, styles of riffing and interaction is all top-notch. The Talking Car short and accompanying host segment would make Joel and Co. proud.

While RT has not yet done the Talking Car short, they did do Bloody Pit of Horror and were completely blown out of the water by ICWXP. To be honest, I do not even watch much of any RT anymore, as I feel that a lot of their work has become lazy and repetitive. I would say that quite a few of the iRiff groups here are better than they are nowadays.
Catch us on Cinemamsochism:
http://www.cinemasochism.com/

Catch us on iRiffs:
http://www.rifftrax.com/search/apachesolr_search/cinemasochism

"Diplomats. The best diplomat I know of is a fully loaded phaser bank." - Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1498
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1745 on: July 18, 2014, 07:35:01 AM »
I for one really enjoy the host segments from ICWXP in season 2.  They do a really good job with them & you can tell they put a TON of work into them.  (They look really great in HD.)

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #1746 on: July 18, 2014, 02:44:49 PM »
I for one really enjoy the host segments from ICWXP in season 2.  They do a really good job with them & you can tell they put a TON of work into them.  (They look really great in HD.)

Be sure to catch the Hershey, PA episode.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1498
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1747 on: July 18, 2014, 04:17:07 PM »

That was a good one.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1748 on: July 18, 2014, 04:23:10 PM »

Is that The Great American Chocolate Factory one? I'm really interested in that one, but it's the only one out of print.

I think if you get the Season 2 Collection 1 set, you get a digital download of that episode, though.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #1749 on: July 18, 2014, 05:22:48 PM »

Is that The Great American Chocolate Factory one? I'm really interested in that one, but it's the only one out of print.

I think if you get the Season 2 Collection 1 set, you get a digital download of that episode, though.

Yeah, that's it. I'll hit Rikk up and see if I can't get you any more info.

Edit: Apparently you can pick up the download for $5. http://www.icwxp.com/Merch/203ProductPage.html
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 05:27:55 PM by Sugar Ray Dodge »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1750 on: July 19, 2014, 08:34:09 PM »
  I went ahead and bought the ICWXP Season 2 Collection 1 set. It has 201, 202, 203 and 204 episodes. The DVDs will take a few days to get here, but the episode 203 'Great American Chocolate Factory' I was able to get immediately as a download.
  Overall it was just okay. The big problem here is that there is so little actual riffing going on. They are in the theater from 24 minutes to 49 minutes in the runtime. So of the 66 minutes (including credits) there only 25 minutes of actual riffing. That's not even half the time! Heck, at the beginning they recap the events and it takes 3 minutes! When this is only your 7th episode, and your plot recap in a silly puppet show is over 3 minutes long, I think your plotline is a little too complicated.
  I think at this point the plot related stuff has consumed their real interest, and I need to come to grips with the fact it's moved farther and farther from being just an MST3K clone. In some ways that's a good thing as it gives them more of an identity of their own, even moreso than just their premise being different. But since this is ultimately a comedy show, those elements need to be funny. And it only gets the occasional laugh or chuckle. There were a few bits that I liked (one or two of the SEVERAL inventions the mad scientist did were funny, the silent alarm being the best). But most of it just fell flat. Which is a shame, because I like the robots' personalities. And as I said in the previous review, they are very well done. In fact, since Zed wasn't in this one, he was the only thing I thought wasn't up to par (puppet creation wise) previously.
  Everything about this show looks AMAZINGLY good! It may be low budget, but they know what they are doing filmwise.
  And the theme song is still TERRIBLE!
  Oh right, the riffing. Can't imagine why that slipped my mind. My assessment from last time stands. It's good. It's not up to par with Quiptracks or Cinester Theater or anything, but I will still check out more.

I think the important thing with ICWXP is to go in knowing that the riffing takes less time than you'd think, so the outside the theater plot related stuff will take more sitting through. If you can get into that stuff, you'll love it. And the riffing is good. But if you're there just for the riffing, find out when it starts for each episode and skip ahead.

Okay, the line about Guillermo del Toro directing Gremlins 3 with no CGI ...I just darthed my geek.

Did R2D2 just have an anurism?

Ah, so this is where yellow snow comes from.

"This is where it all began" (showing Hershey factory) - The reason for the American Dental Association

(singing) Oompa Doompa Doopity Dell. Making chocolate is boring as hell.

Man, I didn't realize so much work went into making dog poison.

Offline ephemeris

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #1751 on: August 01, 2014, 05:34:25 PM »
Drawback Productions Fast Five riff blew me away. After watching a couple hundred riffed movies this is top 10 material. Several hilarious moments where Dru or Megan would say something and I'd think it was a continuation of the ludicrous movie instead of them cracking wise. Awesome stuff. Right up there with Ice on Mars' Lizzie McQuire and QuipTracks best.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1752 on: August 03, 2014, 05:36:25 PM »
Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter by Sugar Ray Dodge - This is...only okay. He needs to do a few more passes on the writing, as he certainly has potential. His vocal performance is average for a lot of it. He has some energy to his performance, but not enough to elevate it when the movie itself gets slow. Ironically, when his performance does get more energy in the second half it's when he's pissed off by the movie and has just turned on it. Unfortunately that makes the riffs related to Juanita's motivations and plot holes often redundant or simply reduced to "Huh?" "What?" and "Why?". I do like that he doesn't worry about talking over this inane dialog. I was able to still follow what was happening, and the motivations for characters isn't explained anyway. He would also greatly benefit from a second riffer.
  Interestingly, rather than riffing the opening credits, he gives an explanation of the movie. He does even have an explanation for riffing and MST3K/Rifftrax, for those who just happened across it on Youtube. If anything, this just separates it from other riffs, and if you don't like it you can just skip to the end of the credits.

It's worth checking out.

As for the movie itself...I have mentioned before that I HATE westerns. I find them insanely boring. And this movie takes 40 minutes before Jessie meets Frankenstein's Daughter Granddaughter. Really, movie? You had to take that long to establish why a group of wild west outlaws would get shot at?! Once we get on with the Frankenstein stuff it doesn't really pick up the pace, either. It's also hilarious how the high-tech equipment is a Jay Gerrick/The Flash looking helmet. And what the hell does "strong as a child" mean? You could say Hank has the 'brain of a child' (because he's dumb). But even if that's what she means, since you are going to replace his brain anyway, what would that matter? Oh well, later on the movie gets very confused about what Hank does or does not know or recognize anyway.
  Probably most frustrating, Juanita's motivations are completely confusing. And not in a "she's trying to work them against each other" type. She just conflicts herself, often even in the same scene. I really have no idea what they were trying to go for with her character.

The epic showdown of Little Mac and Glass Joe, everybody.

My dumb guy beat your dumb guy.

"I'm on your side." - The straight side. The one that likes girls.

I love the rambling nerdy one sided conversations.

Ok, we've seen the matte painting. It's very nice.

The Ducktales lyrics are great.

Ah, the old Vulcan head punch.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #1753 on: August 03, 2014, 06:39:47 PM »
And I turned THE HELL ON that movie, too. BOO JAUNITA! BOO JESSE AND BOO FRICKIN' HANK FOR KILLING MARIA!

You can check it free here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzsRMT3ikqw
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 09:48:19 PM by Sugar Ray Dodge »

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 526
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #1754 on: August 05, 2014, 02:42:38 PM »
Rabbit Ears: Murder on Flight 502  Good riffing, crappy movie.  What more do you need to know?
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!