login

Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 309272 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5365
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1710 on: February 07, 2014, 06:55:47 PM »
Oh that's the one with the bank heist in it? I heard that was supposed to be pretty good, all told. I may check out this riff then. Although might be a while before my Netflix que gets to it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1711 on: February 10, 2014, 09:39:01 AM »
I just watched the Cinester Theater iRiff of Willow last night with some friends and they liked it.
The unanymous vote for best line was "I just got the new uniform, and uh...I'm starting to think we may be the bad guys."

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1712 on: February 11, 2014, 06:42:46 PM »
iJust finished watching the new Cinester Theater riff of Child's Play - Um...it's not...great. It's not bad by any means. But it's a lot less riff dense than their usual. Sometimes it's to not cover dialog (although that hasn't stopped them before), but other times not. There are some really good riffs here and there, as noted below. And I do like this movie on it's own, so it doesn't bog the riff down. It just feels like missed opportunities are there, I guess.
Ultimately, this riff really feels like it needs another pass to fill in the gaps, and then it would be great.
It's only 2.99, so I can't say it's not worth it. But I don't really recommend this one.

Is it weird that toy companies are making their products Voodoo compatible?

Are you fucking kidding me?

*gasp* The cop's knees are in the house!

Uh, not to criticize, but, I'm not dead.

This kid has the balance of an egg.

That's not even Chucky. This house is just infested with Fraggles.

Don't you know the Due Dembela system?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1713 on: February 11, 2014, 06:50:12 PM »
Geez, I really feel like a dick. I love these guys, and they have earned their spot at the top of the iRiffing heap for years of great stuff. And again, it's not bad by any means.
But I am nothing if not honest. And these reviews (while usually more fun to write) are for informing other people so they can choose what to try out.

I am very curious to see other peoples' take on this one. Maybe others will enjoy it more.

Offline poobah103

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 49
  • Sufficient Springs!
« Reply #1714 on: February 11, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »
No need to apologize, we appreciate all your support over the years, and I'm sorry we didn't give you as good a time as we usually do. We concentrated a lot more than usual on not talking over dialogue, and there were a few parts where the density dropped, but I didn't think they were that often. We haven't watched the whole thing from start to finish yet (we like to do that in a group with some friends, and coordinating that can be tough sometimes), so I'll be listening for gaps when we do.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1715 on: February 14, 2014, 05:09:15 PM »
Has anybody else tried the Child's Play iRiff? Did anyone enjoy it more than I did?

Offline fireyf

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 167
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1716 on: February 14, 2014, 06:05:15 PM »
Has anybody else tried the Child's Play iRiff? Did anyone enjoy it more than I did?
I bought it but I need to get a copy of the movie.  I'll post a review after I've seen it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1717 on: February 16, 2014, 06:35:04 PM »
Watched the Cinester Theater riff of Robocop. Very funny, as always. I particularly like the singing lyrics to the Robocop theme.
I will say, since I use the Criterion DVD release there is a minor sync issue around the Kenny boardroom death scene, and then again around the shootout scene where Murphy gets killed. I personally found it pretty minor to deal with.

Perform a crime, Kenny. Proposition me.

Luis, repair the window.  Great job.

All the singing riffs for the Robocop theme are great!

Buddyboy? Woh, language, Dick.

Die nerd.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 06:38:45 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 199
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #1718 on: March 02, 2014, 04:55:46 PM »
iJust finished watching: Tremors by Hor-Riff-ic.

Forgot this was a fan submission track, one of the few of theirs I didn't submit for.  Fan tracks can be a fun time, and this one didn't disappoint me.

"Truck Schlong.  From the people who brought you Truck Nuts."

"Oh, pole vaulting comes easy.  But a jump of three inches is a little too hard."

"Today's letter is C and the number is 4."

"Do you think anybody was in that car?  The radio and the headlights were still on."  "Nah."

*Movie line: "Here's some Swiss cheese and some bullets."*  "Thanks.  Here's some crackers and some throwing stars."
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1719 on: March 02, 2014, 08:12:15 PM »
Poltergeist by Hor-Riff-ic Productions - Excellent as always. If you've watched the Janet and Cole riff (which is also good) definitely give this one a try.
By this point they have the three person dynamic down pat. Plenty of interaction. And given the subject matter, they make liberal use of their characters. Especially Erin the zombie and Satan.

Whoops. Dad watched the Ring video again.

I trust these people with my welfare. HELP MEEE!

The movie disclaimers are great!

I loved the riff of 'Hell's answering machine message'.

"Once again, they establishing this is the house." "Now now, they all look the same. This could be a different house." "With the same station wagon?" "Um, the 80s."

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1720 on: March 15, 2014, 08:39:46 PM »
FireRiffs riff of Terminator 2  - I really enjoyed this one. The writing on the riffs is very good. Lots of great ones, many more than I wrote down below. But the performance is only okay(with a few exeptions). It also would have helped to have a second riffer. His Schwarzenegger voice is good. It gets across the riff line, without going too heavy on the parody of the voice.
What is with the running gag of the Terminator and Lysol? I really didn't get this one. Maybe it wasn't supposed to make sense and just be weird?
I definitely recommend this one.

I don't understand why I need to hold a gun. Why don't I have a gun built into my arm?

Mr. Mxyzptlk?

You're not my father. He was a Honda Asimo.

I asked you not to touch me, you creepy little freak.

He must be going through his terrible 2.0s

I still don't think we should keep something around that can kill us. *coughing on cigarette*

I have no idea what that accomplished, but it was fun.

Bullets have no effect on him. Fire more bullets! (typical General Ross like behavior)

Has this been a really violent Capris-Sun ad?

Offline fireyf

• Big Montana
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1721 on: March 15, 2014, 09:02:23 PM »
The Lysol gag was that because he wasn't allowed to kill anyone so he got off on killing bacteria.  Glad you enjoyed the riff though and thanks for reviewing.  And I would love to have a second riffer but sadly don't have anyone who can do it.

Offline fireyf

• Big Montana
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1722 on: March 16, 2014, 12:12:38 PM »
Okay, finally got around to watching Cinester Theater's Chucky.  I had actually considered riffing this one myself.
I decided to give this one a second viewing before writing this.  This wasn't a bad riff but it wasn't their best.  It wasn't quite as densely riffed as most of their riffs.  This movie starred Catherine Hicks so I was waiting for a 7th Heaven joke that never happened, or an Incredible Hulk reference for Jack Colvin.  However there are some good lines in this one (I'm terrible at remembering favorite riffs) and I would still recommend someone see it but if it's your first riff with them don't assume it's the standard.  Even MK&B have their off days.  They are still one of the best groups on here and I pretty much pick up anything they put out.

Edit
Child's Play... not sure why I wrote Chucky.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:02:54 PM by fireyf »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1723 on: March 16, 2014, 12:41:07 PM »
Okay, finally got around to watching Cinester Theater's Chucky.  I had actually considered riffing this one myself.
I decided to give this one a second viewing before writing this.  This wasn't a bad riff but it wasn't their best.  It wasn't quite as densely riffed as most of their riffs.  This movie starred Catherine Hicks so I was waiting for a 7th Heaven joke that never happened, or an Incredible Hulk reference for Jack Colvin.  However there are some good lines in this one (I'm terrible at remembering favorite riffs) and I would still recommend someone see it but if it's your first riff with them don't assume it's the standard.  Even MK&B have their off days.  They are still one of the best groups on here and I pretty much pick up anything they put out.
Okay, phew, I'm not the only one.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1724 on: March 16, 2014, 02:40:26 PM »
I Watched the Cinester Theater riff of Child's Play again to give it another chance. And I am glad I did. The riff density didn't seem so bad this time. The beginning has their usual amount, and it lessens a bit later. There are patches where a joke or two could have been added, but they are few. Yes, some of it is so they don't talk over dialog. I think that is unneccessary to be so rigid for a movie like this. It's not like the majority of the dialog is plot important. Looking back on my initial writeup, I think I had just anticipated this one sooo much before release.
I recommend people check it out. Just know going in that it's not Cinester Theater's best.

His toaster is possessed by the soul of an arsenist.

It's a coffin. You know, for when you die.

Honey, your Daddy didn't go to Heaven.

He he. You're never gonna catch me. *ding* Damnit.

No glass in the windows? It's January in Chicago.

Does he have the proportionate strength of a doll? Because that should also be none.