login

Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 305407 times)

Offline wherethefishlives

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 63
  • Toddlers be trippin'!
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1680 on: January 04, 2014, 07:44:27 AM »
ithonicfury:  "I would have liked a few more Highway to Heaven references though, because to me they’re in the same continuity. The kid on the beach in ‘Birds of a Feather’ got too much toxicity and became a bit slow and developed a stutter so parents abandoned him at home for mentally disabled kids. He’s then passed to Scotty and Diane who, overwhelmed with their own problems, re-abandon him after the initial wonderment of having a child passes (like a puppy that keeps shitting on the couch and chewing everything up, you get over how cute it may have once been), but the brief time he spent with Scotty imbued him with 2 things, a sense of Justice, and a love for motorized conveyances. He keeps thinking again how if only he could go that little bit faster, maybe Scotty would love him again, which fuels his speed fetish.  Also, theres clearly times when him and Vin have ‘the stuff’, and there’s the insistence to remind everyone every so often that since Vin wears a cross and prays before meals that must make him the good guy.  The Rock’s sweat = Michael Landon’s tears?  Ok, maybe not."

Wow.  I don't make too many Highway to Heaven references because I don't expect people to be that into my oeuvre (and it's one of my lowest-selling riffs because, as I found out, not many people want to watch Highway to Heaven).  Also, I don't think I could've come up with anything like the above piece of fan-fiction unless I tried to treat a severe fever with PCP-laced heroin.

Offline ithonicfury

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #1681 on: January 04, 2014, 07:53:48 PM »
Understandable (although, come on yall, the Highway to Heaven riffs are freaking awesome, go buy them some more.) Just something to keep in mind if you ever do Fast 6, theres the action scene with the perpetual runway, plenty of opportunity for dialog obscuring airplane noises.

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Toddlers be trippin'!
« Reply #1682 on: January 05, 2014, 07:57:33 AM »
Fast 6 is amazing, but I don't have two more hours of Vin Diesel and The Rock jokes in me right now and I kinda spent all my long-runway jokes on the climax of Die Hard 2.  Maybe some day, if no one gets to it before I do.  I'm surprised it took this long for anyone to riff Fast 5. 
Thanks for the reviews and BIG THANKS for watching ALL of the H2Hs.  You might be one of three people in existence who's seen them all (my wife and I take up the one and two slots of that elite club).

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5296
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1683 on: January 06, 2014, 06:44:50 PM »
Cinester Theater's new riff of WILLOW - Oh man, this movie is just...it just meanders around for most of it, really. And the final boss fight is between the generic evil queen sorcerer and an old lady we just saw near the end. Who doesn't even defeat her really. The sorceress just spills some blood on herself and them dissolves. Stupid. That being said, the giant monster dragon thing was a cool and original design. And I appreciate they actually gave the leading role in a major motion picture to a little person.
The riff was quite good. As Cinester Theater always impresses. It's not one of my favorites of theirs. But then again, this movie is a bit of a slog for me.
Definitely recommended.
Oh, and Goblin penis.

(Story by George Lucas credit) - Story by, a larger baby.

Oh look, they live on a Put Put golf coarse.

"Magic." - Is bullshit. Bye bye.

I just got the new uniform, and uh...I'm starting to think we may be the bad guys.

I feel like I just bit into a York peppermint patty.

"Hah!" - Wow, that's actually the password!

I can see your boobs. They're, uh, down by your knees.

Online The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3884
« Reply #1684 on: January 06, 2014, 06:59:58 PM »
I can explain the ending, though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I do remember liking Val Kilmer's performance, though.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:02:19 PM by The Lurker »

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #1685 on: January 07, 2014, 05:27:27 AM »
Just finished watching Cinester Theater's Willow. Their straight faced style really plays well against a ridiculous fantasy movie.
Riffs I remember (so they must be good):
"I just got the new uniform. Are you sure we're not the bad guys?" (edit: just read his post and darth geek agrees!)
"Get my wife out of that harness!"
"Why do the characters in this movie just keep getting smaller?"
"Hey! They were just crushed to death!" (When the brownies are shown to survive a fall) I love how disappointed they sound.
Those brownies were totally the Jar Jar of this movie. Good riff!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 05:29:08 AM by David »

Offline Rabbit Ears

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 32
« Reply #1686 on: January 10, 2014, 12:26:15 PM »
Morbid curiosity got the better (or worst) of me and I just watched Team Swizzlebeef's "Ricky Raccoon Shows the Way."  First off....WHAT IN THE HECK WAS THAT?  :)  "My nightmare dance card is all filled up."  Amazing and disturbing.  Well done.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1687 on: January 10, 2014, 09:23:41 PM »
I watched the Ghosts On A Big Brown Couch riff of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. A good riff of a reeeeeally slow and pointless movie. There's not even any zombies until over an hour in! I did notice a lot of the riffs were interactive between the characters (especially the girls), and there were a lot of extended jokes, not as many quick riffs. Don't get me wrong, this is a good thing, I just noticed it a lot. They did also tend to laugh at each others jokes more than usual (again, especially the girls). But I did not find it annoying as that sometimes can be. Probably because the riffs themselves were actually funny.

I don't recall any riff about the fact that these "children" were actually fully grown adults, playing fully grown adults, most in their 30s. And I'm pretty sure the gypsy looking woman was at least in her 40s.

Unfortunately, I was on the treadmill the whole time while watching it, so I wasn't able to write any of the best lines down. But there were plenty of great ones. I will watch it again in a few days and write some of them down.
I do remember one about the composer getting his dick caught in a harp.

Offline NosferatusCoffin

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 64
    • Cinemasochism
« Reply #1688 on: January 10, 2014, 11:12:27 PM »
I do remember one about the composer getting his dick caught in a harp.

And that must go down as the oddest sentence you have ever written.  :P
Catch us on Cinemamsochism:
http://www.cinemasochism.com/

Catch us on iRiffs:
http://www.rifftrax.com/search/apachesolr_search/cinemasochism

"Diplomats. The best diplomat I know of is a fully loaded phaser bank." - Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1497
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1689 on: January 11, 2014, 04:26:25 AM »
Finally got around to watching ICWXP ep 204. Quick review since I'm in a rush, the production value is amazing. The video looks amazing in HD. Storyline is very entertaining, riffing is solid all the way through.

"That crescendo crescendidnt." line cracked me up big time.

Highly recommend this one 

Offline fireyf

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 167
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1690 on: January 11, 2014, 06:46:48 PM »
Just finished up Cinester Theater's Willow.  Haven't watched this movie in years.  I forgot how ridiculous it was.

"It wasn't a chicken it was a baby."  Awesome M*A*S*H reference!

Got to love a Thundercats reference.  I was expecting a Skeletor Joke at some point but it never came.

A very funny riff.  I always look forward to Cinester's next riff!

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Toddlers be trippin'!
« Reply #1691 on: January 21, 2014, 02:07:50 PM »

Posted by: ithonicfury
« on: January 03, 2014, 08:43:46 AM » Insert Quote

"Fast Five - Drawback Productions

—Syncing—
I watch riffs by combining them with the movie audio into one file for my media center, so I’ll also see how hard that is.

Lining it up: Sync lines came in doc format, instead of plain text, or even rtf. TextEdit (default mac text editor) opens it as several different pages with riff time on one page, movie time on another, and the lines on another. So I had to open them in a different, heavier editor (MSWord opened it fine, formatting was a bit wrong in Pages though).  The formatting of the lines and times meant I couldn’t delete each row as I move through and get done with sync lines to keep track of where I am.  Everything lined up well though, there seemed to be some very slight drift in the middle, but tbh I dont know if I have the extended version or not, guess I’ll see when I watch it if they riff something in some part which I’m not seeing.  (after watching it, a few jokes [like maybe 3 or 4] seemed to come a bit before what they were referencing, like the scenes were ever so slightly out of order, not sure if its due to differences in my disc)"

You may have been working with the theatrical version. My riff is for the expanded version.  Both are on the DVD.  The expanded version is only about a minute and a half longer, with only two additional short scenes and lots of extra shots of blood splatter that were cut to achieve a PG13 rating.  I've tested the mp3 against the DVD and it stayed in sync all the way through.  Buyer DO NOT beware!  Purchase with confidence and be sure you're playing the expanded version of the film.  And remember, THIS IS FOR CHARITY and I'm not too keen on writing $9 checks to Reach Out Worldwide.  Let's make this happen, people.

Offline ithonicfury

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #1692 on: January 22, 2014, 07:55:55 AM »
Yeah, not really sure what version I had, but either way really it works (like I said, only 3 or 4 things were in slightly different places), so even if you have the wrong version...buy the riff anyway.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 479
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #1693 on: January 23, 2014, 09:33:11 AM »
Quiptracks' "The Covenant".

I really liked Paycheck. And I really like most of their stuff (Jurassic Park 5th Anniversary edition is my all time favorite riff). But between this and Abduction, I've seen all the "bad boy" garbage I can stomach. Please tell me your next riff will be something watchable, like After Earth. Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea.

"In the novelization of this movie, every chapter begins: 'It was a dark and stormy night'."

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1694 on: January 23, 2014, 09:58:24 AM »
Quiptracks' "The Covenant".

I really liked Paycheck. And I really like most of their stuff (Jurassic Park 5th Anniversary edition is my all time favorite riff). But between this and Abduction, I've seen all the "bad boy" garbage I can stomach. Please tell me your next riff will be something watchable, like After Earth. Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea.

"In the novelization of this movie, every chapter begins: 'It was a dark and stormy night'."
Did you like the riff itself?

Quiptracks has a couple of things in the works in different genres, so not sure which one will come out first.