Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 334051 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1635 on: October 31, 2013, 07:24:27 PM »
Quiptracks riff of The Covenant - Oh wow! Even by Quiptracks standards, this track is really great! Sooo many of these lines are exceptionally performed. They've always been good, but this one in particular is a really good showcase for why they are the best of the best iRiff groups. Very very funny, good use of running gags (without running them into the ground), great pace, and wonderful energy.
  It's actually kind of amazing how much energy they are able to put into this, because damnit if this movie has absolutely none of it's own. A troop of nearly identical white fratboy douchebags, and they all have something called The Power. Yet none of them are He-Man, surprisingly. They are called witches. Clearly in a blatant disregard for what that is supposed to mean. They fight other douchebags, and another apparently new to the town douchebag wants them dead...it's all very confusing. It's supposed to be The Craft, but with guys. But without even an ounce of the talent that movie had (and that movie wasn't all that great in the first place).

Damn your soul to perdition at your local Library.

4 Fast and 4 Furious: Nottingham Drift

Now can you spare a square? Ha ha ha ha ha! (great maniacal laughing by Cody)

COUNTRY ROADS! TAKE ME HOME! (Sung like a heavy metal song!)

Mario. (YES!!!! Tracy get to break out his hilarious Luigi impression!)

"What is that?"(refering to a book) - It's like a Kindle, made of kindling.

The whole swim meet bit, especially the underwater rapping was brilliant!

Turns out chainsaws do little to nothing to fire. Now we know.

Wow, Tracy really gives a great extended performance at the end over the credits, waiting for the 'real ending'.

Offline fireyf

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 179
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1636 on: October 31, 2013, 07:43:35 PM »
Thanks. can;t remember half the quotes. All's I  remember is the bad sound quality and a terrible mike to do all the recordings through. Couldnt wait to trash that old Radio Shack crap rod.
I didn't know Radio Shack sold sex toys.   :rimshot:  I'll leave now.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1637 on: October 31, 2013, 07:48:16 PM »
Thanks. can;t remember half the quotes. All's I  remember is the bad sound quality and a terrible mike to do all the recordings through. Couldnt wait to trash that old Radio Shack crap rod.
I didn't know Radio Shack sold sex toys.   :rimshot: 
Based on how well the rest of their electronics work, probably not a good idea.

Offline mikelesq

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 73
    • toastandrice.com
« Reply #1638 on: November 01, 2013, 05:15:09 AM »
I didn't know Radio Shack sold sex toys.   :rimshot: 

Based on how well the rest of their electronics work, probably not a good idea

Aaaannnddd...now I have the thought of a middle-aged Radio Shack guy with a bad combover and a halitosis aggressively selling me an offbrand marital aid while I back toward the exit repeating: "I'm just browsing."

Tell that one around the campfire, see if anyone can sleep.

Offline Scott_Zee

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 68
« Reply #1639 on: November 03, 2013, 09:08:08 PM »
Where in what universe does the term 'crap rod' = 'sex toy' ?!!

Offline fireyf

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 179
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1640 on: November 04, 2013, 08:37:31 AM »
Where in what universe does the term 'crap rod' = 'sex toy' ?!!
Some people insert rod shaped things in some unusual places.  It's disturbing but true.

Offline Rabbit Ears

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 32
« Reply #1641 on: November 04, 2013, 09:50:45 AM »
This thread has gotten really weird, really fast.   :o LOL!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #1642 on: November 04, 2013, 07:14:43 PM »
I think I missed something.  Which iRiff comes with a sex toy?
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline NosferatusCoffin

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 64
    • Cinemasochism
« Reply #1643 on: November 05, 2013, 04:50:01 PM »
I hope not Twilight.
Catch us on Cinemamsochism:
http://www.cinemasochism.com/

Catch us on iRiffs:
http://www.rifftrax.com/search/apachesolr_search/cinemasochism

"Diplomats. The best diplomat I know of is a fully loaded phaser bank." - Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1644 on: November 10, 2013, 02:46:50 PM »
Since I just got my BluRay set of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, I am going through the RoninFox riffs of them. Since I saw the first one a week ago or so, first up is Nightmare on Elm Street 2 -
  This movie still has Freddy as a menace, and not the jokester he would become, which is good. The real problem is that Freddie's powers are extremely inconsistent as to what he wants and what he can do in the real world. He's moving things around in the real world, raising the temperature, fucking making BIRDS EXPLODE, it's all poltergeist stuff that makes you wonder why he needs to come to the real world in the first place. Expecially given how lackluster the pool scene is when he does. Then the fact he apparently gets Jesse to kill for him, yet later he comes out of Jesse, but Jesse is still there afterwords...it's all very poorly thought out.
  The riff, as per usual for RoninFox, is good. I think the pacing of the riffs are a little better than the first one. I still prefer the dynamic he settled into later when he got his wife to be on them, but Nykk is good too.
  By the way, the BluRay doesn't have the old New Line red lines style logo, it only has the new moving fragmented filmstrip logo. But the riff syncs up just fine regardless.

Technically anyone was emo before emo was cool.

I think I wet the entire bedroom.

Great, Freddy's outsourcing.

Damn budget cuts, they had to let three of the kids go.

The gun cabinet, that sounds like a gun.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1645 on: November 10, 2013, 05:33:17 PM »
RoninFox Trax riff of Nightmare on Elm Street 3 - Wow, so apparently I had never seen this riff before! I thought I had all the RoninFox riffs, especially of this series. After listening to it a little I am sure of it, I never heard this one before. Oh hey, Anais is in this one!
  And boy is this a keeper! Riffing is now up to the high quality we think of RoninFox Tracks. Riff density is also tighter too.
  The only thing bad I can say on this riff is that there is an odd sound quality on Ronin's mic. It's not too bad, but it is noticable.

The movie is...an odd mix of good and bad. We're getting into the quipping stage of NoES movies, so Freddie is less outright scary. On the other hand,  while yes the movie has become more about the kills, the sheer creativity that Freddy's dream powers allow for is one of the best things about this franchise. And what distinguishes it from other generic slashers. I say "allows", because this movie doesn't exactly plumb the depths of creativity with their powers. But I give them a lot of credit for trying. The fact that Freddy talks, has a personality, and is actually having fun doing what he's doing, is what has always made him stand head and shoulders above mute hulking killers like Jason and the (in my opinion) insanely boring Michael Myers. We also have some nice characters. Ok, they are a bit cliché but better than others in this series, and they are all likeable. Put that together with the fact that, a) the black guy survives, and b) they have the balls to kill off a major character at the end (and she is in fact dead). If anything, the most lackluster thing here is the lame way he is dispatched at the end  (albeit after a badass stop motion skeleton fight).

Anais reallly starts out strong with all the "to KILL!" riffs.

"This lump over here..."--Has low self esteem, I don't know why.

Hey, why is Bruce Campbell laughing at a deerhead in there..

All the riffs about the one guy not being Corey Feldman were a great running gag.

In my dreams I have a stunt double.

HELLLL NAWWWW!

Wait, his power is yelling? These guys make the Great Lakes Avengers look cool.

Ah, the restful sleep of a man who saved...3 out of 9 people.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #1646 on: November 10, 2013, 06:04:06 PM »
Awesome that you're going back through the Nightmare journey.  I've been meaning to go back and listen to those riffs myself again now that I've got my sights on Freddy's Dead.  Want to make sure I'm not accidentally repeating myself, but possibly building on ideas that could go further.

There is a bit of a difference between the first two and the rest that I already remember.  NOES 1 and 2 were both recorded back to back very early on.  They were the first two riffs I had recorded after my "test" of He-Man She-Ra Secret of the Sword, and they were as much a learning process as they were a product.  By the time Anais and I were recording 3, I already had several riffs under my belt, had updated my software and completely changed my method of recording.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1647 on: November 10, 2013, 07:35:49 PM »
Awesome that you're going back through the Nightmare journey.  I've been meaning to go back and listen to those riffs myself again now that I've got my sights on Freddy's Dead.  Want to make sure I'm not accidentally repeating myself, but possibly building on ideas that could go further.

You're welcome. It has been fun. And definitely do go through them before you tackle Freddy's Dead because...any reason to delay that is understandable.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1648 on: November 10, 2013, 07:57:36 PM »
Nightmare on Elm Street 4 - And Vampirica makes her deput! She's good from the getgo, too. Not sure if I prefer her or Anais, but I am just happy to hear female riffers. It's always helps when you can easily tell the two riffing voices apart.
  The riff is excellent, and the best of the series so far (although 3 is close). RoninFox Trax is top notch riffing, just like the big boys at Rifftrax.

The movie is firmly in the silly territory of Freddy's development. The tragedy of this series is the inverse relationship to how scary Freddy is allowed to be and the creativity of the dream kills. The inherent infinite creativity of dreaming, and the intelligence with which Freddy uses that against them, is the series' greatest strength. But it is so rarely properly executed. It's like the writers come up with the pun first and build the kill from there, not the other way around. That being said, even when done in a cheesy manner here, it does make the film very watchable.
  What is less forgivable is that we have also bid adieu to interesting characters (the movie almost flaunts it). Name me a character trait of the jock guy the girls think is cute (and who's name I've already forgotten), I dare you! He looks like Brandon Routh's understudy.
  I will also give them credit for Freddy's rebirth scene, which is easily the best part of this movie. And one of the best scenes in the whole series.
  The final battle and how he is dispatched with the mirror is really stupid, as is the whole 'dreamwarrior' mythology they clumsily buit around it. Way to take one of the better ideas from the previous one and piss all over it. I do like him getting ripped apart by the souls inside him, though.

We're DOOMED! Doom de doom doom doom. (I am always a sucker for an Invader Zim reference)

There is no macismo in this dojo! NO SENSE! There is no dignity in this dojo! NO SENSE! There is no muscle tone in this dojo! NO SENSE! (My favorite riff in this!)

At this point the bag usually start kicking his ass.

Strange part is, he's looking at the tiger in that poster. There's a Tiger in that poster?

AH! Jim Varney!

Jesus brand sleeping pills. What would Jesus pop?

They're using the same textbooks I had. Does this place get any funding?

"The Lord works in mysterious ways."---And occasionally goofy-ass ones.

I like the plug for the group that made the Freddy vs. Ghostbusters fanfic.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1649 on: November 10, 2013, 07:58:51 PM »
To go along with my notes above about creativity/scariness, does the remake do a lot of creative stuff with the dreams? I haven't seen it yet.