login

Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 305412 times)

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1560 on: July 09, 2013, 04:49:15 PM »
Just finished watching One Wall Cinema: The Cheney Vase. I thought it was pretty clever, I especially liked the faux commercials, wasn't really expecting those. Good job, guys.

Glad you liked them! We had them kicking around for quite a while and figured we'd throw them in there! We are hoping to continue doing stuff like that with future VODs.

I say have at it, man.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #1561 on: July 09, 2013, 08:12:35 PM »
OWC is consistently quality stuff.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #1562 on: July 09, 2013, 08:25:19 PM »
Since this seems to be the go to thread for iriff discussion I thought I'd post this here.  My lone short that was for sale is now up on youtube in it's entirety. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uLA5qlb_ako" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uLA5qlb_ako</a>

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #1563 on: July 09, 2013, 08:42:28 PM »
I watched RoninFoxTrax Last Unicorn yesturday, all the way through this time.  Loved how he handled his limited recording time with his co-riffer.  Definately check that one out.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1497
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1564 on: July 11, 2013, 11:51:37 AM »
Related note, we've loved having SJP write on some of our riffs & I've had tons of fun colaboriffing with him on Chandu & Conan.  I'd do it again without hesitating.  :clap:

Careful what you wish for.  I'm trying to remember if I DID redo my Dragonball: Evolution script or not to eliminate the second riffer.  But thanks for the kind words.

My local library has a copy of D-ball: Evo. Super special Zedition.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5296
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1565 on: July 14, 2013, 08:31:32 PM »
RoninFox Trax iRiff of Star Trek: Nemesis - Very funny, as always from RoninFox. I like the riffing groove he's settled into with his wife nowadays. The impressions tend not to be great (except the Bane voice, that was excellent), but there is always a range of voices they both use that break it up well.
The movie itself...just really feels like a mediocre episode of Next Generation. A supposedly deep issue like "Nature vs. Nurture" that is obvious which direction it's going to go from scene one. Not to mention the whole B4 storyline doesn't mirror Picard's at all, since he was an earlier prototype and had a different more simple design. And I'm sorry, but Tom Hardy doesn't look a damn thing like Patrick Stewart. Even if they tried to explain the clone stole Angelina Jolie's lip implants, I still don't buy it. 
Definitely recommended.
Looking forward to the next Nightmare On Elm Street riff.

It's not uncharted. You lost the chart.

My tires are filled with space water.

It must be evil. It's big and pointy.

1 2 3 4 5. Amazing. I have the same combination on my luggage.

Shinzon says I not susposta eat the legos. *squeel* (Love a good Tardy reference!)

Learn AutoCAD today! The future needs drafters. (As a CAD designer myself, who used to use AutoCAD, I LOVED this one!)

EVIL PAUSE!

All unnamed personel to the front of the line.

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
« Reply #1566 on: July 25, 2013, 06:00:08 PM »
You promised you wouldn't tell!!!!
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1567 on: July 25, 2013, 08:16:58 PM »
You promised you wouldn't tell!!!!
Are you going to turn back into a gargoyle and kill me?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1568 on: July 28, 2013, 04:19:03 PM »
I watched the Ravens Riffs of Destruction Fun or Dumb/Duck and Cover that he posted for free on  Youtube here

Performance varied. For a lot of the first short Destruction Fun or Dumb, it's rather bland. But it picks up better in Duck and Cover. Not terrible, and there is the occasional very well performed riff. His voice reminds me of Last Angry Geek from TGWTG, which is ironic since that guy does riffs sometimes too.
In Destruction Fun or Dumb, the riff volume is a little high compared to the short. Although that short tends to be rather muffled, so I doubt higher volume would have helped some of it. The Duck and Cover short is fine.
There's an odd jump in the short at around 12:40
In the Duck and Cover short, there is the occasional bit where he almost trips up, but keeps going. Those bits probably should have been rerecorded.
Overall it was good. And since it's free, well worth it.

And the crowd goes...ehhhh. (good performance on this one)

This is how a book becomes a movie script, ladies and gentlemen.

As apposed to the unofficial civil defence film, Red Dawn.

How do you cover the back of your neck with your face?

I hear the government is looking into the effectiveness of Duct tape and sheets of plastic. We'll get back to you on that.

I like the bit at the end with the "fun or dumb" theme song!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #1569 on: August 03, 2013, 11:20:47 AM »
Hor-riff-ic's Dracula watched Friday night.

Now, Dracula has been one of my favorite movies since I first saw it on TV as a little kid probably in 1970.  I loved it then and I still love it.  Hell, I got the Universal Classic DVDs when they first came out like 15 years ago and when they came out on Blu-Ray (hmmm, a 80 year movie on Blu-ray...) last year, I JUMPED on them and still love them.  I wondered how they would cover this...........

EXCELLANT I say.

They did the perfect thing to do with great movies......made fun of the things in the movie that seemed a bit odd and did not do the "well this movie sucks" kind of riffs.  Cuz we all know, it does NOT suck (although Dracula sucks neck).  They picked the right things to make fun of, things that we probably would not notice in the movie as we are watching it and liking it so much.  Like the last few seconds of the movie.....we all loved it, but their jokes were a "yeah, what the hell happened?" kind of thing that worked.

It is nice to have a good movie with a good riff.  I really cannot recommend this one enough.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1570 on: August 07, 2013, 08:14:06 PM »
Hor-Riff-ic Productions riff of Dracula (1931) - A wonderful riff. And I am very glad to have Hor-Riff-ic back in action!
 Everything you have come to expect from them is still in fine form. Excellent vocal performances, plenty of emphasis and energy. They haven't lost anything in their involuntary hiatus. This time around, it's Brad Dracula co-riffing with them instead of Satan (although Satan still does the sync lines), similar to their Monster Squad riff. He is a lot of fun, and used very well here, given the movie. I still kinda prefer Satan as a riffer, but this is a good variety.
  I have to admit, as a modern audience, I find this movie slow as hell and not scary. But I try to chalk that up more to what I am used to in movies nowadays vs. what was expected back in the 30s.

The intro, with Gary talking TWO of his own voics (Satan and Brad) is fun. And it makes me want to see Erin have another character to play.
Renfield really reminds me of David Hyde Pierce as Niles Crane at first, then Johnny Depp, and then Jim Carrey after he goes crazy.

Don't worry a-bat it. Ha ha ha.

(When Renfield first meets Dracula in his castle) Finally, eHarmony pays off.

"This is...very old...wine."---It was bottled...when I started...talking.

Your fucking business. It went that way.

Wow. Dracula might want to start feeding on people with more fiber.

If your life lasts longer than four centuries, consult your doctor immediately.

The running gag about Dracula getting more and more annoyed with the spotlight on his eyes is priceless!

Of course they do reference Twilight, but they have the good sense only to do it once, and they choose where it goes really well.

Woohoo! I (and others) get a shout out at the very end, after the bloopers!

Note: Am I the only one seeing an issue with the sync? It syncs up really well up until about 56 minutes in the movie, and then suddenly the riff is ahead by a second or two. I am using the Lecagy Collection DVD.

Offline fireyf

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 167
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1571 on: August 07, 2013, 08:35:01 PM »
Note: Am I the only one seeing an issue with the sync? It syncs up really well up until about 56 minutes in the movie, and then suddenly the riff is ahead by a second or two. I am using the Lecagy Collection DVD.
I watched with Netflix streaming myself but I did notice that the riff was suddenly a bit ahead too.

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1572 on: August 08, 2013, 07:11:19 AM »
I'm so sorry guys, we'll get this get this looked at and fixed by the weekend. We tried it twice and didn't find anything but there is always something that goes wrong with the final export.
You'll DIE Laughing!

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1573 on: August 08, 2013, 06:00:27 PM »
Scratch that, can't find any issue no matter what we try.  Well I guess that's what sync lines are for huh?
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1574 on: August 09, 2013, 07:22:27 AM »
Are you syncing it up with an actual DVD playing in a DVD player, or a file on your computer that you ripped?  Because when I use my Legacy Collection disk, it's off by at least 5 seconds or so.