Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 305287 times)

Offline poobah103

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 49
  • Sufficient Springs!
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1395 on: March 14, 2013, 10:14:49 AM »
Thanks for the review, glad you liked it! More are on the way!

(Also, the Shining is a great book. While we're on the subject of great things, may I just say I love the Farscape icon and quote. That's my favorite episode of that show. "NOBODY HAS MARGARITAS WITH PIZZA!")

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5296
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1396 on: March 14, 2013, 08:09:08 PM »
iJust finished watching the One Wall Cinema iRiff of The Shadow. Oh wow, this was really good! Top notch vocal performance, good variety of jokes and voices. Some impressive extended (more than jut the typical one or two lines) singing riffs. I also love that they do occasionally laugh at the movie and each other's jokes. Done too much it can be annoying, but they didn't overdo it.
Definitely highly recommended!

I will say, it could use a "and we're back" right after you start the track back up.
The sound level on the riffs seems to vary a bit. It was most noticable at the beginning few minutes.

You're the only white guy in Tibet. It wasn't very hard.

Do you like me? Check yes or no. Booze.

"You speak Chinese." -- Nope.

Quick. To the Shad Cave!

Spiii  deeer  maaaan. Spiii  deeer  maaan. Dooooes whaaa teee veeer aaa spiii deeer caaan.

Cut! Who missed their cue?! (The aftereffects on the voice make this joke awesome. Even though it takes you out of the mindset "just hanging out with friends watching a movie" for a bit. Totally worth it, though.)

You shall not...er, what?

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1496
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1397 on: March 15, 2013, 06:13:08 AM »
Awesome! I'm glad you liked The Shadow! And we got the coveted Seal of Approval! Woot!

Glad you liked the "Director Voice" bit. It's become a running gag in most of our riffs at this point.  As is the singing.  And terrible impressions of people.  So you can be sure that we'll continue those traditions!

We really appreciate the reviews you're doing for the iRiffs on here especially since comments are once again gone....

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1398 on: March 15, 2013, 06:18:28 AM »
You're welcome. I remember liking the riff of G.I. Joe as well. And loved the BURN-E riff. I will definitely check out more of your riffs.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1399 on: March 15, 2013, 09:24:10 AM »
Thanks! Although maybe skip Dragnet & maybe Lone Ranger. I've been re-watching them and they're pretty bad overall despite a bunch of bits that still crack me up. Maybe if you want to watch them to see how much we've progressed as riffers.

The Hitchcock one is another early one but wasn't finished until recently.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1400 on: March 15, 2013, 09:31:27 AM »
Thanks! Although maybe skip Dragnet & maybe Lone Ranger. I've been re-watching them and they're pretty bad overall despite a bunch of bits that still crack me up. Maybe if you want to watch them to see how much we've progressed as riffers.

The Hitchcock one is another early one but wasn't finished until recently.
I was probably going to skip them anyway, since those genres bore me so much. I can't even make myself go through all of MST3K's Last of the Wild Horses episode.
What else is there, though? I've seen BURN-E, GI Joe, The Shadow. I think that just leaves Hitchcock's The Cheney Vase.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1401 on: March 15, 2013, 09:39:30 AM »
Yep! But don't worry, there will be another full length action project were involved in coming out soon!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1402 on: March 15, 2013, 09:46:44 AM »
Cool. Too bad you aren't in on the multi-group project.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1403 on: March 15, 2013, 09:48:54 AM »
I'd love to do one of those but we don't have a ton of time for riffing, so it tends to be a slow process for us. (Aside from that Dental Spam riff I whipped up in about an hour)

Offline NosferatusCoffin

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 64
    • Cinemasochism
« Reply #1404 on: March 16, 2013, 04:51:09 PM »
The "I've had my goatee 17 years..." song from the Dental riff still lives on for me as it still kills me at times.

That right there gets my Seal of Apporval.
Catch us on Cinemamsochism:
http://www.cinemasochism.com/

Catch us on iRiffs:
http://www.rifftrax.com/search/apachesolr_search/cinemasochism

"Diplomats. The best diplomat I know of is a fully loaded phaser bank." - Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1405 on: March 17, 2013, 12:07:47 PM »
Heated Seats iRiff of Runaway - Another pretty good one. Plenty of laugh out loud riffs here. I think the quality isn't as solid as some of the other A-List groups. But what Heated Seats seems to do really well is extended riffs. There are several whole conversations or single riff "skits" here, and all (except notably for the farting noises on the elevator) are excellent. Also, the vocal performance is pretty good. Excellent in some places, even. I still have the Touched By An Angel episode riff from the bunch I bought at Christmas, and will get to that eventually.
EDIT: No, don't have that one actually. I will get around to it soon, though.

The whole extended "robot hostage situation making demands" bit was hilarious!

"But Lois is a big help." - So's the beer.

It's okay. We'll get you another one

Perm. Terrible. Dress. Aweful.

So the woman being stabbed in the skull and thrown into the river doesn't disturb anyone's dinner?

The extended conversation between the kid and Luthor was great.

The extended fart noises during the elevator was lame, though. It was clearly an attempt to go so long it became funny again, but didn't really work.

BE CAREFUL!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:17:09 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 199
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #1406 on: March 17, 2013, 07:14:02 PM »
I heartily recommend Heated Seats productions.  Marked for Death is a good one, from what I remember of it, especially the ending, if you have the money to spend.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1407 on: March 17, 2013, 07:48:48 PM »
So, of COURSE I watched the Hor-Riff-ic Productions riff of Leprechaun today. Still so awesome. Highly, um, it's only three feet tall, ok, VERY recommended!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1408 on: March 27, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »
Watched the new Quiptracks of Paycheck - Do I even need to reiterate how great Quiptracks is anymore? One of the most consistantly great iRiff groups out there, and this is no exception. Riff variety and voice acting here is wonderful. I can't recommend these guys enough. Even for those who have a problem with "well it's not Mike Kevin and Bill" should be able to enjoy this.

Would you like to christen the tiny skank or should I?

SucuBUSTED!

Woo is going to literally slap us with the symbolism

Another scientific advancement in the ongoing oppression of Ziggy

Put on your 3D glasses now.

That's tear ga-ha-owwww!

Paycheck. Coming 40 minutes ago to a theater you're currently sitting in right now.

Tristan's impression of GLaDOS is great!

How THE HELL DID-oh the moment's gone.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1409 on: April 02, 2013, 05:42:37 PM »
The Return of Chandu part 1, by FireRiffs - The first part in the Return of Chandu seriel riff series. I am so glad we are getting more iRiff groups working together on projects like this.
The riff was...okay... not great. I know FireRiffs can do better than this, as his The Incredible Hulk riff is top notch, highly recommended. His vocal performance here is fine, but could have used a little more enthusiasm, as well as variety in voices. This being a single riffer track, though, I am willing to give it more slack. There are good laugh out loud jokes here and there.
I would still recommend it, particularly to see the entire riff series from beginning to end.

I think this is less impressive partly because NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS in this installment! It's really all setup, introduction to characters and such. At the very end there's something about a guy playing with his blowgun out in the bushes and it accidentally goes off, and a John Leguizamo standee gets shot. Otherwise, it's just a clearly evil looking guy standing around looking all clearly evil at a fancy dinner party, being thwarted by another clearly evil looking guy. Because the second clearly evil looking guy is Bela Legosi, who we are expected (at least for now) to believe is the good guy. Yet he has the One Ring of power, and can turn invisible! So he's either a HUGE Hobbit, or he's evil. Or possibly a trucker/secret agent. But probably evil. Because he's Bela Legosi!

"You don't believe in magic, do you?"-Only in a young girl's heart.

LOVED the reprisal of the 'How To Not Look Suspicious' gag from The Incredible Hulk riff.

Her name sounds like an experimental variation on the wedgie.

Oh, there's going to be Hobbits!