login

Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 300125 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5192
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1170 on: July 01, 2012, 05:39:29 PM »
Voyager season 1 episode 6: Eye of the Needle - The crew of Voyager continue their mission to probe every hole in the universe they find. Thankfully, this episode was Neelix free.
  I thought it was hilarious that we are supposed to believe the balding middle aged dumpy guy is addicted to working out.

Quiptracks has always brought the funny, and this is no exception. My second favorite so far, right behind episode 4 with Cinester Theater.

The song they come up with for the opening credit sequence is great. Neither Tracy or Tristan are professional singers by any stretch, but they always impress when it comes to song based riffs.

"If there is any chance of there being a wormhole." --- Then some lonely sap will watch.

The wormhole is heading for a ROOM WITH A MOOOSE! (I am always in favor of Invader Zim references, and this one is great)

He's from the Vulcan moon Huxtable 3.

Gah! Get off my back, incessant shrew.

She's got to be ugly as all hell.

Just keep chucking red-shirts out there untill one of them survives.

"May I ask a favor of you." --- Are you plug-and-play?

It looks chewable. It's not. Don't chew it. (And later on the 'He chewed it.' line was awesome.)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1171 on: July 01, 2012, 06:45:58 PM »

Voyager season 1 episode 7: Ex Post Facto - Great, a murder mystery. Because THAT'S what I want to see when I tune in to a SCI-FI SPACE show! Only 7 episodes in and they have already done the kind of crap most shows only resort to when they are desperate.
  *sigh* What is these people's hair even supposed to be?! Other Star Trek species are at least recognizable in what silly headgear they have.
  Oh yay. Neelix is back. And giving useless information. Well...not as useless as Deanna Troi, but nobody could possibly be that bad, not even Neelix.

More good riffing by Ice on Mars. So far the pilot is still their best, what with all the running gags. That seems to now have been dropped, though.

This is a punishment that can only be harmful to people wrongly accused.

Soak up this charm, ladies. Soak it right up.

You shut your whore mouth about my wife.

Watching Paris suffer brings them all together.

Buckawk!

AHH! I have just submissibly urinated!

Wow, Tupok is loud and proud there. Must be thinking of his dispassionate wife.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1172 on: July 01, 2012, 08:15:15 PM »
Voyager season 1 episode 8: Emanations - The riff put in perfectly: Dimebag philosophy. Hell, there isn't much philosophy even, shallow or not. An alien race somehow accidentally transport their people when they are about to asteroids in a ring around some planet, instead of whatever they think "heaven" is. That just means they don't know shit about space travel or transporters, and they apparently die because of that. And somehow they immediately start to decompose into spiderweb, yet can be revived by us. This is some seriously stupid bizarr shit, even for Star Trek!
  And AGAIN, the plot is about them stopping their mission of "get the fuck home" to stare at what they think is a new element. Although as soon as the death stuff shows up, that is dropped immediately. Apparently, the Federation in the far future doesn't have Ritalin.

I liked this riff by Ice on Mars a little better even than the other typical episode riffs (not including Cinester Theater's, Quiptracks, or the pilot). The death mumbo jumbo gave them such good material not seen since the old guy in the pilot.

The dude in the back has a resevoir tip.

Voyager, I'd like you to meet my friend Pacing.

Don't probe me, bro!

So...toboggonning is really big here, huh?

No. I will throw you off before I let that happen.

His outfit's a big up arrow to spur him on to heaven.

"Wait a minute, Captain." --- Why are we tring to save Wang?

Let me hide the little Wang here.

"The bridge will still be there in 2 days." --- OHMYGODTHEBRIDGE!

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #1173 on: July 01, 2012, 10:37:32 PM »
Just got through watching Film is Pwn's "Moon of the Wolf". Some REALLY funny stuff in this one, particularly the "Aunt Jemima" line (which caused me and my best friend to totally miss several jokes) and a great running gag earlier in the film. Only real issue was sound. Film sound too low, riffer sound too high. Probably could have jacked the film sound up a bit and still heard the gags. A definite must buy.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1174 on: July 03, 2012, 08:17:47 PM »
Quiptracks riff of Ghost Rider - I just watched this again with my cousin, and he loved it.

"We're here!"

All the singing riffs.

It takes a while to wind them, but it saves on gas.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1493
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1175 on: July 04, 2012, 04:29:44 AM »
Forgot to mention them here, but the riffs of the Dental Spam on the iRiffs page.  It's about a minute long and each group that riffed it did a great job given the material.  It's not easy to riff something so fast paced & short, but each group had me laughing.

In case people missed it, here's the thread:

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=25342.0

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1176 on: July 07, 2012, 12:02:06 PM »
Cinester Theater riff of March of the Penguins - Watched this for the zillionth time, still great. First time for my cousin Tony and he loved it too.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1177 on: July 07, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »
Last night I watched the Turkey Shoot riff of Snow Creature with my cousin Tony. He loved it!

I told him that Scott Zee is doing Empire Strikes Back next, and he is already squeeeing in anticipation.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #1178 on: July 07, 2012, 01:29:36 PM »
Last night I watched the Turkey Shoot riff of Snow Creature with my cousin Tony. He loved it!

I told him that Scott Zee is doing Empire Strikes Back next, and he is already squeeeing in anticipation.

Snow Creature was GREAT

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1179 on: July 10, 2012, 09:00:49 AM »
I also watched Quiptracks: The Show with my cousin Tony when he was here last weekend. He liked it quite a bit. He hadn't seen such old fashioned space movies like this (aside from the occasional MST3K episode), so he was quite amazed at what passed for sci-fi kids entertainment back then.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1180 on: July 10, 2012, 03:58:22 PM »
Voyager season 1 episode 8: Prime Factors - The episode was rediculous. A barely thought out diatribe on the Prime Directive, with the technology for ultra-fast transport on the line. Except that there is no way these people would really hesitate like this. Especially Torres, the Klingon, she has been COMPLETELY neutered in only a few episodes. And they don't even mention how this advance in technology would be significant later on.
Ultimately, though the whole thing had all the suspense of a Gulligans Island episode.

I haven't heard any Dogknob riffs before, but I will not be bothering again. Tediously unfunny. Especially all the nonsense during the opening credit sequence. Unrelated to anything, odd toon voices that don't relate to anything, and reliance on cheap farts for most of it. Odd bits of silence (particularly when Kim and the girl are beaming to the other planet), and then a long segment of just fart noises for no reason that I could tell. Most of the time, it is regular riffs, though, I just didn't laugh at any of them.

Half of the time it didn't even seem like the riffs were related to what was being said or going on, so I thought the sync was off. It wasn't.
The way they sync to the episode is also pointlessly irritating. Quiptracks does something similar, and I have never had trouble with theirs. It doesn't help that their .txt document that goes with it has NO sync point times in it. Seriously guys, that is what the file is for!

You will notice the lack of "favorite lines" at the end of this description. I hate to be so negative, but I was really irritated by this episode's riff. As with all of my comments on this bord, however, everything is subjective. What I didslike might be someone elses favorite group. Sampo's theorum applies here too, after all..

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1181 on: July 10, 2012, 05:10:42 PM »
Voyager season 1 episode 10: State of Flux - An "intreage" episode, all about which blatantly obvious suspcious character betrayed them. Really, this is like if there was supposed to be a mystery about whether Edward Cullen was bad boyfriend material. Also, this episode shows us that food replicators are INCREDIBLY EXPLOSIVE, and somehow fuse people with concrete. And really, if you want to make an alliance with the Kardassians by giving them some of our technology, I think shampoo might be enough.
  Damn Chekotay is pointlessly cold at the beginning. Neelix gets right into Deanna Troi territory of useless obvious statments when he says "I sense a trap."
  I think it's hilarious how Janeway is so horrified that someone would betray them, after her incompetant leadership so far. I may not agree with Seska's trying to align with the Kardassians (who somehow have even sillier hair than the Kardassians here on Earth), but she does at least have a point.

Okay, now we are back to good riffing. Treacheriffs is one I have only seen a little bit, but their riff of Lost In Space was excellent (and made it on the Top iRiffs list). This isn't as good as that, but still quite enjoyable.

The same feeling I get when watching Voyager.

I'm gorgeous!

"I would like to report a crime." --- This show lasted for seven seasons.

Tell us. What is it like to have blown up?

Offline mr.b.natural

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 109
  • Mr.B you're hot!
« Reply #1182 on: July 10, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »
I thought about warning you about Prime Factors but I kinda know Darren and didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings.  :-\

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1183 on: July 10, 2012, 05:58:47 PM »
I thought about warning you about Prime Factors but I kinda know Darren and didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings.  :-\
That's okay. Are any of the other Dogknob iRiffs better than this one?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1184 on: July 10, 2012, 06:06:59 PM »
Voyager season 1 episode 11: Heroes and Demons - Glad to see Bob Picardo getting a font and center role here. Too bad it's in a silly holodeck episode. He is a lot of fun here. More entertaining than any of the other characters on this show. I would say this is probably one of the most entertaining of the episodes so far, but just because of Picardo, the story is still shit.
Wow, even for Star Trek, this episode is chock full of technobabble. They bend over backwards, break in half, and bend the pieces over backwards to excuse the holodeck nonsense here. And all for yet another "energy being".

Riff Raff Theater is really good in this episode. It's not their best work compared to the movie riffs they've done, but definitely my third favorite riff so far behind Eye of the Needle and Phage. Lots of great lines.
I do think it's odd that they have Frondy from Ice on Mars, and don't do anything with it.

Robert Picardo. As proof that even decent actors need money.

Send your hate mail heeere.

Unless you count being tossed out the airlock "conventional means".

ZZ TOP!

Are you a bald enough dude to save the President!

I-I wasn't fondling the vegetation!

We're here! Fake beards! Get used to it!

"A demon does walk these halls." --- A demon called E.D.

Insert sex to continue!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:08:49 PM by Darth Geek »