Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 359388 times)

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1095 on: February 09, 2012, 10:35:08 AM »
*wipes tears away, gives solemn look*

I wanna run a game of Mafia. I'm so weak.

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1096 on: February 09, 2012, 11:48:42 AM »
Okay, I *am* running a new game of Mafia, thanks to Johnny Unusual's generosity.

Get your asses in there, eh?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6260
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1097 on: February 09, 2012, 11:58:55 AM »
Welcome back, Chris!

Thought you would be interested, we are having a LoC about Top iRiffs.

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1098 on: February 09, 2012, 01:02:06 PM »
That's cool, I'll keep an eye out! I gotta admit that it's been far too long since I've seen any so I'll pass on submitting my own list, but I'll be cheering on RRT in the final results.

OLD SCHOOL FAN RIFFING 4 LIFE YALL

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1099 on: February 12, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »
iJust finshed the iRiff of Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen by Film is Pwn. This was pretty good. Not as good as the Rifftrax, but still highly recommendable.
There were the odd occasional spots of no riffs. It would not have killed you guys to talk over Shia's babbling.
I liked the references to other iRiffing groups.

As God is my witness, I thought tractor trailers could fly.

The sliver of the cube wants to get the hell out of this movie. Take me with you sliver!

Soundwave is afraid of heights. Soundwave would like to come down now.

I call Optimus' room. What? Too soon?

"Smithsonian Air and Space Museum" ---But there is no air in space.

The whole Bumblebee fight scene referee commentary was absolute GOLD!

Offline deevolve

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 9
  • Sam. But if I was a rapper, I'd go by MC Delta T.
    • Sam & Rob present
« Reply #1100 on: February 12, 2012, 08:24:18 PM »
I know I'm awfully late to this party, but I just watched the Quiptracks 5th Anniversary Jurassic Park (available on the Quiptracks site).   I laughed out loud plenty of times and appreciated the diversity of jokes, from impressions to sophisticated critiques to total groaner puns.  It falls just a bit short of the quality of the Rifftrax one, though I may be biased because of my extreme love for Weird Al and my schoolgirl giddiness at hearing him riff with Mike.  Since CJones and Darth Geek pretty much covered all my favorite lines in their reviews ages ago, I'll just add that I liked the way they handled the very different absurdities of Weird Al and Jeff Goldblum.  My only real complaint was the song at the end which needed some serious editing.

On a personal note, I'm glad to hear that this was an early Quiptracks effort; they got good fast and then got even better; I'd love to emulate that.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #1101 on: February 12, 2012, 08:28:57 PM »
I know I'm awfully late to this party, but I just watched the Quiptracks 5th Anniversary Jurassic Park (available on the Quiptracks site).   I laughed out loud plenty of times and appreciated the diversity of jokes, from impressions to sophisticated critiques to total groaner puns.  It falls just a bit short of the quality of the Rifftrax one, though I may be biased because of my extreme love for Weird Al and my schoolgirl giddiness at hearing him riff with Mike.  Since CJones and Darth Geek pretty much covered all my favorite lines in their reviews ages ago, I'll just add that I liked the way they handled the very different absurdities of Weird Al and Jeff Goldblum.  My only real complaint was the song at the end which needed some serious editing.

On a personal note, I'm glad to hear that this was an early Quiptracks effort; they got good fast and then got even better; I'd love to emulate that.

Hey, really glad you took a chance on us and liked it! As for the song, if it was edited it wouldn't be a proper parody, and I couldn't live with that.  :( I know it has to seem really odd and long if you don't get what it is, but you say you're a Weird Al fan, so I'm assuming you got it but didn't enjoy it. A valid opinion.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:32:41 PM by Invader_quirk »

Offline deevolve

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • Sam & Rob present
« Reply #1102 on: February 13, 2012, 06:56:26 AM »

Hey, really glad you took a chance on us and liked it! As for the song, if it was edited it wouldn't be a proper parody, and I couldn't live with that.  :( I know it has to seem really odd and long if you don't get what it is, but you say you're a Weird Al fan, so I'm assuming you got it but didn't enjoy it. A valid opinion.
Maybe I didn't get it.  I thought you were making fun of Weird Al's crappy "Jurassic Park" parody of "MacArthur Park" but maybe there was another level here I missed.

Regardless, that was a small blemish in an otherwise very entertaining riff. Thanks for the fine work!

Invader_quirk

« Reply #1103 on: February 13, 2012, 07:46:31 AM »

Maybe I didn't get it.  I thought you were making fun of Weird Al's crappy "Jurassic Park" parody of "MacArthur Park" but maybe there was another level here I missed.

Regardless, that was a small blemish in an otherwise very entertaining riff. Thanks for the fine work!

It's actually...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #1104 on: February 13, 2012, 09:51:53 AM »
iJust finshed the iRiff of Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen by Film is Pwn. This was pretty good. Not as good as the Rifftrax, but still highly recommendable.
There were the odd occasional spots of no riffs. It would not have killed you guys to talk over Shia's babbling.

How dare you say this riff was only pretty good, you fucking cocksucker! Feel free to go fuck yourself while I move on with my life without giving a single fuck about you and you're stupid looser face. EAT FIVE-HUNDRED POUNDS OF SHIT AND DIES!!!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1105 on: February 13, 2012, 12:02:59 PM »

How dare you say this riff was only pretty good, you fucking cocksucker! Feel free to go fuck yourself while I move on with my life without giving a single fuck about you and you're stupid looser face. EAT FIVE-HUNDRED POUNDS OF SHIT AND DIES!!!
Thank you, Duck Breath Barnes.

Offline deevolve

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • Sam & Rob present
« Reply #1106 on: February 13, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »

It's actually...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ahhhh.  I think I listened to that track all of once and then every time it came on after that I just skipped back to "Pretty Fly for a Rabbi."

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #1107 on: February 13, 2012, 05:56:40 PM »
Just watched one I've been meaning to watch for some time - Treacheriffs' Lost In Space.

This is a GREAT riff, one of the best I've ever had the pleasure to watch. I suppose I should've realized, as their Congo riff was equally good, that this would be superb. Solid laughs throughout the riff, and I may even have to buy myself a copy of LiS so I can make a reauthor.

HIGHLY recommended. Did these guys stop doing iRiffs? I don't see more than a few from them. It would be a real shame; they're very talented.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #1108 on: February 13, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »
Just watched one I've been meaning to watch for some time - Treacheriffs' Lost In Space.

This is a GREAT riff, one of the best I've ever had the pleasure to watch. I suppose I should've realized, as their Congo riff was equally good, that this would be superb. Solid laughs throughout the riff, and I may even have to buy myself a copy of LiS so I can make a reauthor.

HIGHLY recommended. Did these guys stop doing iRiffs? I don't see more than a few from them. It would be a real shame; they're very talented.

Those are the only full-length tracks they've done, but there are two shorts available by them and one that's a collab with Ice on Mars. I don't know if they're on iRiffs, but you can get them on the quiptracks site. Here's a link to the et al section. Just look for the danger signs.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #1109 on: February 13, 2012, 06:20:37 PM »

Those are the only full-length tracks they've done, but there are two shorts available by them and one that's a collab with Ice on Mars. I don't know if they're on iRiffs, but you can get them on the quiptracks site. Here's a link to the et al section. Just look for the danger signs.

Yeah, I knew they'd done a couple shorts for you guys; planning on getting them. I hope they haven't given it up.