Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 362477 times)

Offline fireyf

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 183
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1815 on: January 12, 2015, 08:11:42 PM »
Just finished up Ice On Mars' Voyager Time and Again riff.  This one stayed synced!  Anyways, a few laughs but I still think there was too much emphasis on just plain bashing the show.... even making fun of things that weren't problems.  The real problem in this episode is that it is one giant paradox from beginning to end.  The planet is destroyed by the rescue attempt to retrieve Janeway and Paris from the past caused by a temporal fracture caused by the planet being destroyed by the attempt to rescue them from the past.  It's like Steven Moffat wrote this episode!  Janeway figures out that this caused the explosion that destroyed life on the planet and prevents it, making the whole thing to have never happened, the explosion never happens which means they never go down to the planet and get sucked into the past.  It's Star Trek's version of the flipping Pandorica!

Anyways, on to disc two.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6297
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1816 on: January 12, 2015, 09:28:25 PM »
iJust finished watching the Incredible Hulk riff by FireRiffs again. Still really enjoy this one. And not just because I helped write for it. He hold his own, this being a solo riff. I do think he would be improved if he got a second riffer, just for variety. Bu I highly recommend his riffs, especially this on and T2.

Yeehaw! The Dukes of Hazzard got enlisted!

Memory like a goldfish, this one. Hey a gun! Let me see if that will work!

The running gag about "how not to be seen" is my favorite.

"How are we going to get anywhere on only $40 and no credit cards?" - Your body will buy us luxury accommodations.

"You think a rifle is going to hurt that thing?" - Finally! Promote him to General.

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 50
« Reply #1817 on: January 17, 2015, 12:38:23 AM »
iJust finished watching the new Cinester Theater iRiff of Robocop (2014) - I really enjoyed it. Not as much as the original Robocop riff, but it's still very good. Particularly the running gag of Keaton spending the whole movie trying to Batman.
Hopefully the iRiff section will be back up and running soon, so eeryone can go get it. For now, I have it and I will be sending out the copies to people who requested it for iRiffmas shortly.
This movie feels more and more generic modern action movie every time I watch it. Yes, it's not as bad as it could have been. But that doesn't mean it's not full of holes. Quite a few of which the riff point out very well. Especially in the extended end segment over the credits.

Definitely pick this one up when you get the chance, it's worth it

*Robot voice* Give me your lunch money, dweeb.

"No, it's nothing personal." - Your Mom's a whore, though.

He only had 5,329 days until retirement.

"They still have to run some tests." - They have to figure out why my robot hand keeps squishing kitties.

What's the point of him trying to beat the robot? The robots are still illegal in the US, that's why they built you. You know, remember, the plot!

The long conversation about the evil vending machines was great.

How come the police couldn't just have this on Google Glass?

"Machines, however, are corruption free." - We should all strive to live up to the example set by the noble blender.

So these robots just spray bullets around indiscriminantly whenever they get frustrated.

Just watched this myself, thanks Darth Geek and Cinester Theater!

The Batman stuff and the laying out of how stupid the plot was during the credits were my favorite. I also liked the angry bike >:( , the guy with the robot hands getting swindled by Gary Oldman, and "You know what I love most about you? How your spine is connected to your brain stem all the time." Lots of good stuff in this one.

Offline ithonicfury

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #1818 on: January 17, 2015, 01:30:05 PM »
Just finished T2 from Fireriffs. Quite good.  Not many failed jokes, good delivery, good amount of riffs without having too many, decent energy for a solo riff, none of the humor felt forced except maybe one or two of the opening credit jokes (but just having a bunch of names on screen doesnt give you much to work with.)  Definitely recommend it.

Liked the Optimus Prime cameo, and I appreciate the Salute Your Shorts references lol.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1819 on: January 18, 2015, 04:56:53 PM »
Cinester Theater iRiff of Short Circuit - Still very funny. The movie itself is entertaining fluff, and the riff doesn't get in the way.

Aww. It's kind of bittersweet, as at the end of this they do the "next time will be Sycy's Revenge" line. That was supposed to be Neverending Story 2. Which got put off because of computer problems and they never ended up doing it, going on hiatus for about 2 years.

Highly recommended.

And with a face that kids will love, the new Kidnappotron is online.

(Military truck gets blown up) - How not to be seen.

(robot crushed ice block) - Who wants. To get. Fucking. Wasted. (probably my second favorite riff in this)

'Destroy all babies' mode activated.

Vagina yeast. (I don't think I even get this one, but I find it funny. Maybe just because I'm childish.)

Oh don't mind that, our Tom Tom is having an existential crisis. (LOVE this one! Definitely my favorite riff in this.)

Offline fireyf

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 183
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1820 on: January 19, 2015, 04:18:52 PM »
Just finished T2 from Fireriffs. Quite good.  Not many failed jokes, good delivery, good amount of riffs without having too many, decent energy for a solo riff, none of the humor felt forced except maybe one or two of the opening credit jokes (but just having a bunch of names on screen doesnt give you much to work with.)  Definitely recommend it.

Liked the Optimus Prime cameo, and I appreciate the Salute Your Shorts references lol.
Thanks for reviewing.  Glad you enjoyed it!

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 4973
« Reply #1821 on: January 22, 2015, 06:31:13 PM »
Hor-RIff-ic Productions Poltergeist

I really enjoyed the riff.  It's the first of theirs that I've heard.  I will say the language took me by surprise, but only because I was expecting it to be about the same as the movie.  Liked the Sam Raimi joke.

As for the movie, I liked it despite its flaws.  I like the surreal nature of some of the scenes and the mood. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1822 on: January 22, 2015, 07:15:37 PM »
I'm glad you liked it.
I would like to see them riff the second one, just because of the scary as hell priest.

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 4973
« Reply #1823 on: January 22, 2015, 07:52:41 PM »
I'm glad you liked it.
I would like to see them riff the second one, just because of the scary as hell priest.
Yeah, me too.  Second one seemed to have less surreal freaky scenes, though.  3rd one might be good, also, because they'd have a lot to work with (especially the weak ending).  The family watching Carol Anne seemed a lot more supportive than her family in the first two movies.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:05:27 PM by The Lurker »

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #1824 on: January 29, 2015, 05:18:00 PM »
Kelly and I watched the iRiffmas DVD of RoboCop Rebooted, and we both really enjoyed it. There were plenty of laugh out loud lines throughout, and, as others have noted, the running gag about Keaton wanting to be Batman was good. The one bad thing I have to say about it is that the intro and outro drag; there's good stuff there, it just could have been shortened by about a minute.

The movie was dumb, boring and confusing. Not confusing like Mission Impossible, but confusing the way they kept forgetting the very straightforward plot points they established. And man is that robot fight in the middle boring; like watching someone else play a video game with god mode on.

Buy a churro. You have ten seconds to comply.

A ghost pushed me! EEhh!

That's how much it cost to cgi this beard on my face.

(To man trying out his new robot arm by playing the guitar) Due to licensing with Apple, you won't be able to play the Beatles...

He didn't make it. // You were just tucking him in!

This is where we flex when we're doing experiments.

Sir, I know you outrank me, but in my heart you're fired.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 211
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #1825 on: February 01, 2015, 02:38:09 PM »
I'm glad you liked it.
Yeah, me too.  Second one seemed to have less surreal freaky scenes, though.

The tequila worm scene is LESS surreal and freaky?  ;)
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1826 on: February 01, 2015, 09:13:48 PM »
I've been watching so many dud movies lately, I wanted something more guaranteed entertaining, so I watched the Cinester Theater riff of Willow again. Ok, yeah the movie itself isn't very good, but the riff is excellent!

All hail the Tallest!

"Magic." - Is bullshit. Bye bye.

I just got the new uniforms, and uh...I'm starting to think we may be the bad guys.

(they walk into a rowdy bar) - This doesn't look like the kind of place that would have a lot of milk.

(Brownie ogling large woman) "Look at her. I could use a love potion on her." - "I'd run in, then I'd run out, then I'd run in, then I'd run out." "Ewww, gross."

(Willow waving wand around) - shoom shoom (lighsaber noise)

So he one spell Willow knows is 'Make Things Considerably Worse'.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1827 on: February 11, 2015, 05:47:21 PM »
Quiptracks of Abduction - The riff is still very very good. The movie...still very very bad. Apparently the abduction is the producers had Alfred Molina's and Sigourney Weaver's kids for ransom. That is the only way I can imagine they got those people in this stinkburger.
I like how running gag heavy this one is. None of them get tired, either.

Highly recommended.

You're right Dad, the beef tastes better when you box the cow to death yourself.

Instinctive Twilight pause...

Her face looks like a caterpillar meets...another caterpillar.

Anyway, want an Apple iFritter? I brought two.

If Final Fantasy has tought me anything, it's that you can rifle through anyone's belongings and take whatever you want.

(Alfred Molina walking awkwardly) Stupid fleshy arms and legs, flapping all over.

Henchman from the bargain bin at Doug's Thugs.

"I talked with your father about arranging you a new home." - It's called Jail. Because you THREW A GUY OUT OF A TRAIN!

Quirk

« Reply #1828 on: February 17, 2015, 06:09:44 PM »
I watched the Cinester Theater riff of the new Robocop. It was really good. I think it's the best thing I've seen of theirs. My only complaint was the audio quality. You guys need better mics or different mixer settings or something. Also, I couldn't tell the difference between two of the riffers at all. Keith stands out, but the other two (I'm sorry I don't know your names) sounded identical to me during the riffing.

I think what I got the biggest kick out of were all the jokes about that weasely guy's beard. "My beard is polling reeeally well."

Anyway, I recommend it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:12:06 PM by Quirk »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1829 on: February 17, 2015, 10:08:27 PM »
Quiptracks riff of The Lake House - Another excellent riff! Being that this is a slow paced (that's an understatement) movie compared to most other ones they do, the pacing feels a little lower than usual. But that only fits the movie. Their banter is as good as ever, and the energy is still there.
  This movie feels like it was based on a book. In particular, a book written at least a few decades ago. I refuse to dignify this movie even with the effort to look it up. But there is no reason this couldn't have just been set in the 80s or early 90s, to avoid at least a FEW of the plotholes. Why she doesn't just easily look him up on the Internet, and why writing letters was something normal twenty something people did on a regular basis. It wouldn't have effected the plot in any way.
  What is with this movie and marblemouthed characters? Both Sandra Bullock's mother and her boss are almost indecipherable.
And what the fuck is with the brother character CONSTANTLY looking like he's on the cusp of breaking down crying?
  Have I mentioned this movie is slow? Because it fucking is! It starts out with an interesting premise, the time traveling mailbox, and then proceeds to do NOTHING with it. Almost taunting us. Hell, had they played chess by mail, it would have practically been an action sequence!

The whole point of riffing this was to deliberately go outside of their wheelhouse to do something different. And they certainly succeeded. Definitely recommended!

Keanu Reeves puppeteered by

Is he painting the glass house?

Help! I'm in the interdimensional attic again.

He look, the Rational Horse monument got done ahead of schedule and under budget.

I'm not seeing other time periods.

A female doctor was found mysteriously impaled by a tree today.

I love the "Sandra Bullock walks into a bar" bit.

The "hard to riff this scene" song is BRILLIANT!