Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 337828 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1800 on: November 16, 2014, 06:12:26 PM »
iJust finished watching the Hor-RIff-ic Productions riff of Leprechaun with my friends Chris and Vicky. They loved it! I've shown them a few others of theirs, so they're already fans.

Their favorite riff was:
"A shoemaker by trade." - I make terrrrible Batman movies!
*Jenifer Aniston is outside with a shotgun looking around* - Where are you, you tomb raidin' bitch? I got something for you, ya homewrecker!

My favorite riff is still:
"Burn in Hell, you little green bastard!" - Ironically, those were Fred Flintstone's last words too.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #1801 on: November 22, 2014, 08:01:08 AM »
The DAY of the Triffids!  I can't believe I've never seen this film before. I think I've always confused it with Night of the Lepus.

Anyway, a very good riff of a very bad movie.  A nice, unannounced short at the beginning.  Then, the DAY of the Triffids.

The riffing had a Joel-era feel to it.  And that's a great thing.

My favorite running gag was the woman apologizing for the bastard's alcoholic rants. 

My favorite part of the movie was anything that showed blind people.
Guy stands at ticket booth at train station, unaware he is blind. "Can you help me?"  "No sir- it suddenly went dark and I've been here ever since." LOL. Not an exact quote, but that's the kind of things the Brits apparently do, when they are blind.

Stiff upper lip, and all that. 

I rate this movie and riff:  :highfive:

Forgot to say, This was an Ice on Mars riff, found at quiptracks.com VOD
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #1802 on: December 20, 2014, 03:08:33 AM »
Ice On Mars "Packet of Briefs" Volumes 1 and 2.   I really enjoy their style of riffing.   :clap:  This is two collections of shorts. VOD format, great price.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #1803 on: December 21, 2014, 07:58:50 PM »
I watched a ton of VODs on theootl.com this weekend! Also watched most of the free Toast and Rice videos on youtube.  Marathon!  Tons of fun.   After  I finish with everyone's VODs, both paid and free, I'll move on to the "mp3" files.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1804 on: December 21, 2014, 08:52:44 PM »
I watched a ton of VODs on theootl.com this weekend! Also watched most of the free Toast and Rice videos on youtube.  Marathon!  Tons of fun.   After  I finish with everyone's VODs, both paid and free, I'll move on to the "mp3" files.
Like!

Offline maurice

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1805 on: December 30, 2014, 11:40:11 PM »
And the theme song is still TERRIBLE!

Ok gonna go out on a limb and assume you don't listen to metal since this is unanimously what people who don't have to say. The first version was indeed very bad but saying something is awful just because it's not your cup of tea...  ::)

As a metal geek, I can tell you considering the season 2 version was self-produced on a shoestring budget, it sounds great and I think it's catchy as hell. Metal is not easy to record and MST's first several versions of their theme are almost unlistenable - just my two cents. Followed Rikk's bands before he started ICWXP. Sick stuff.

Rikk is a good actor and definitely funny, at least on par with Mike's early episodes. Joel has been giving them shot outs at cons, too.

After reading RiffWiki's interview with them sounds like season 2 will be their last before moving on to a new sci-fi show with no riffing. I'm actually excited to see what they're whipping up.

Season 2 Version - http://youtu.be/1zm5MsI1nZQ

Oh right, the riffing. Can't imagine why that slipped my mind. My assessment from last time stands. It's good. It's not up to par with Quiptracks or Cinester Theater or anything, but I will still check out more.

Could not possibly disagree more. Often on par with MST3K. They've even shared writers with Rifftrax.

Haven't logged in here for years and couldn't remember my info. I'll accept any noob hazing that comes my way lol
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 11:58:56 PM by maurice »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1806 on: January 10, 2015, 04:06:59 PM »
iJust finished watching the new Cinester Theater iRiff of Robocop (2014) - I really enjoyed it. Not as much as the original Robocop riff, but it's still very good. Particularly the running gag of Keaton spending the whole movie trying to Batman.
Hopefully the iRiff section will be back up and running soon, so eeryone can go get it. For now, I have it and I will be sending out the copies to people who requested it for iRiffmas shortly.
This movie feels more and more generic modern action movie every time I watch it. Yes, it's not as bad as it could have been. But that doesn't mean it's not full of holes. Quite a few of which the riff point out very well. Especially in the extended end segment over the credits.

Definitely pick this one up when you get the chance, it's worth it

*Robot voice* Give me your lunch money, dweeb.

"No, it's nothing personal." - Your Mom's a whore, though.

He only had 5,329 days until retirement.

"They still have to run some tests." - They have to figure out why my robot hand keeps squishing kitties.

What's the point of him trying to beat the robot? The robots are still illegal in the US, that's why they built you. You know, remember, the plot!

The long conversation about the evil vending machines was great.

How come the police couldn't just have this on Google Glass?

"Machines, however, are corruption free." - We should all strive to live up to the example set by the noble blender.

So these robots just spray bullets around indiscriminantly whenever they get frustrated.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1807 on: January 10, 2015, 04:38:30 PM »
I also realized I haven't done reviews of Turkey Shoot riffs in a while.

So I started with his most recent, Merry Christmas 1950
(available here http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d87mn_turkey-shoot-with-scott-zee-merry-christmas-1950_fun )
This short shows the enormity and significance of Christmas by showing Santa Claus visiting one house and calls it a night. Good riffing, as always from Scott Zee. It's not my favorite of his (that's still Squeak the Squirrel), but it's good and he still has a most unique delivery. I'm glad he's still in the riffing game.

Definitely recommended.

That's a nice Lucy VanPelt cosplay there, kiddo.

(girl singing cuts to chorus) I've heard of layering your voice, but this is...criminy...Martha just went full on Celine Dion right before our eyes.

"They don't know what to do first." - Fire a warning shot, or take out the kneecaps? Wait, what were we talking about?

I love how Scott Zee just laugh at the girl's line about kids raving about her doll. Because it sounds like she's being sarcastic.

Offline fireyf

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 179
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1808 on: January 11, 2015, 08:07:31 PM »
I attempted to watch Ice On Mars' riff of Star Trek Voyager Parallel.  I say attempted because about 18 minutes in the track got completely out of sync to the point where I couldn't figure out where they were.  According to the readme the track should be about 2m 43 seconds ahead of the show but that ended up being off so I couldn't sync with that.  Has anyone else tried watching this track with Netflix streaming and encountered this problem?  It doesn't seem logical that they would have left it up if it was this far off for everyone but the one for the pilot synced to the streaming fine.

Anyways, I watched their riff of the pilot and 18 minutes of this one.  I'm afraid they just aren't my humor... or it could be that I like Voyager and thought they were a bit hard on the show.  I can watch a riff of something I like and thoroughly enjoy it but this just didn't work for me.  It seemed like the majority of the riffs were about how terrible they think the show and the characters are, or just randomly saying "Wang" when Garret Wang's character came on screen.  Not that making fun of quality problems isn't part of riffing, I just felt they relied to heavily on it.

I'll watch their next one since I bought the whole first disc and maybe I'll like that one better (and get it to stay synced).  I'm hoping I"ll enjoy Quiptracks episodes more.

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 407
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #1809 on: January 11, 2015, 08:35:16 PM »
We watched the whole first season with Netflix without synching problems, but we'll look into this.
QuipTracks VS Alone in the Dark is NOW AVAILABLE!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1810 on: January 11, 2015, 08:39:11 PM »
I used Netflix Instant when I watched the shows with riffs, and I don't remember having any troubles.

Definitely give the Quiptracks one and Cinester Theater one a try.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #1811 on: January 12, 2015, 07:25:23 AM »
I actually did have a mysterious sync issue with one of the early episodes last I watched them... Don't remember if it was Parallax, but there's a good chance it was. I managed to get it back on track but it was like there was a scene missing from either the Netflix video or the riff. It would be weird if they changed what was on Netflix...

And, brief Voyager rant:
I think it's a show that constantly sets up good ideas and characters and premises and whizzes them all down its leg, opting with rare exception for an easy resolution and erasing almost all development between episodes. It follows the sitcom rule of "everything's back to normal at the end of the day."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 07:29:41 AM by Asbestos Bill »

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4514
« Reply #1812 on: January 12, 2015, 08:41:02 AM »
I actually did have a mysterious sync issue with one of the early episodes last I watched them... Don't remember if it was Parallax, but there's a good chance it was. I managed to get it back on track but it was like there was a scene missing from either the Netflix video or the riff. It would be weird if they changed what was on Netflix...

And, brief Voyager rant:
I think it's a show that constantly sets up good ideas and characters and premises and whizzes them all down its leg, opting with rare exception for an easy resolution and erasing almost all development between episodes. It follows the sitcom rule of "everything's back to normal at the end of the day."
Sounds like my problems with Charmed, though less on the good characters part.

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #1813 on: January 12, 2015, 02:04:39 PM »

And, brief Voyager rant:

Offline fireyf

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 179
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1814 on: January 12, 2015, 07:02:56 PM »

And, brief Voyager rant:
That's exactly what happened.  They were doing the Janeway voice and making jokes about what Chakotay was doing and they weren't even in the scene.  Everything was fine and then on a scene change it went completely off.  It must be something with Netflix.