login

Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 312215 times)

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 455
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1785 on: November 06, 2014, 01:33:52 AM »
  I watched the new Quiptracks: The...abridged?...Show - Fury of the Cocoon. I liked it. It's not as good as the first episode of The Show: Rocky Jones Escape Into Space. As always, their vocal performance is very good.
  This Quiptracks: The Show episode is abridged. In that there is no intro, theme song (theme sound effect?), and no "host segments". I can't say I miss them, but I am sure when we do get full produced episodes it will be an improvement from the first episode. And since the riffing is what we are really here for anyway, it's not that important. I just mention it to be complete.

Yeah, that's why we didn't call this one "The Show"—it's just a short.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5401
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1786 on: November 06, 2014, 10:36:04 AM »
  I watched the new Quiptracks: The...abridged?...Show - Fury of the Cocoon. I liked it. It's not as good as the first episode of The Show: Rocky Jones Escape Into Space. As always, their vocal performance is very good.
  This Quiptracks: The Show episode is abridged. In that there is no intro, theme song (theme sound effect?), and no "host segments". I can't say I miss them, but I am sure when we do get full produced episodes it will be an improvement from the first episode. And since the riffing is what we are really here for anyway, it's not that important. I just mention it to be complete.

Yeah, that's why we didn't call this one "The Show"—it's just a short.
Oh. Edited.

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 348
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #1787 on: November 06, 2014, 12:49:41 PM »
Yes, we have big plans for host segments, etc., but we found they were holding us back from releasing anything. Perhaps next "season", we will be able to include them.
They made a five-minute song seventeen times longer. We're cutting it down to size. The QuipTrack for The Christmas Shoes is AVAILABLE NOW at QuipTracks.com.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 526
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #1788 on: November 08, 2014, 11:59:10 PM »
Fury of the cocoon.  Pretty funny!  The short was really bizarre. It kinda of hopped and skipped along. Or maybe it was simply tumbling downhill.

One of the lead actors looked like Forrest Tucker, and the other sounded like Burgess Meredith!  They were so shady, I kept expecting them to be the evil in the movie.

Our heroes are terrorized by a fanged-monkey-dog-buddah that doesn't actually do anything to them. Well, it kind of "sits there at them," but that's not really terrifying.  The jungle is infested with mewing kittens, which only adds to the drama.

Along comes a hapless female. Instead of tripping in strategic places and moments, she simply faints a lot.   

Our heroes discover a split coconut, which they mistake for a cocoon.  They somehow deduce that the cocoon has unleashed a hoard of invisible monsters, that, while never having seen humans before (they are alien) they must have human blood to live.

Just when I got sleepy the movie got interesting, it would be interrupted by a host, who would remind us that strange and spooky things can happen in this vast Universe! That's right, interrupt the spooky movie, to remind us that spooky things exist.

Without giving away too much, Forrest Tucker escapes with the Fainting Female, after discovering that the aliens are invisible. How? You must watch to discover, mwahahahahaha!

My favorite running gag was the dramatic doorbell. :) Anf the kittens. :)
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 348
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #1789 on: November 09, 2014, 07:11:10 AM »
Thanks for trying us out! I'm glad you seemed to have had a good time with it. I hope you'll try one of our full-length riffs someday.
They made a five-minute song seventeen times longer. We're cutting it down to size. The QuipTrack for The Christmas Shoes is AVAILABLE NOW at QuipTracks.com.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1790 on: November 09, 2014, 08:19:30 AM »
Fury of the cocoon.  Pretty funny!  The short was really bizarre. It kinda of hopped and skipped along. Or maybe it was simply tumbling downhill.

One of the lead actors looked like Forrest Tucker, and the other sounded like Burgess Meredith!  They were so shady, I kept expecting them to be the evil in the movie.

Our heroes are terrorized by a fanged-monkey-dog-buddah that doesn't actually do anything to them. Well, it kind of "sits there at them," but that's not really terrifying.  The jungle is infested with mewing kittens, which only adds to the drama.

Along comes a hapless female. Instead of tripping in strategic places and moments, she simply faints a lot.   

Our heroes discover a split coconut, which they mistake for a cocoon.  They somehow deduce that the cocoon has unleashed a hoard of invisible monsters, that, while never having seen humans before (they are alien) they must have human blood to live.

Just when I got sleepy the movie got interesting, it would be interrupted by a host, who would remind us that strange and spooky things can happen in this vast Universe! That's right, interrupt the spooky movie, to remind us that spooky things exist.

Without giving away too much, Forrest Tucker escapes with the Fainting Female, after discovering that the aliens are invisible. How? You must watch to discover, mwahahahahaha!

My favorite running gag was the dramatic doorbell. :) Anf the kittens. :)
Glad you liked it.

The "fanged-monkey-dog-buddah" thing is just a plaster cast the previous people made of the invisible creatures. A plaster cast do detailed it even included their pupils somehow, but whatever.

I think you said you also bought their riff of HULK (2003)?

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #1791 on: November 09, 2014, 09:43:14 AM »
Hulk is next!  going out of town for  day will purchase hulk when i get back.  what attracted me to it was your nolte line. :)
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #1792 on: November 09, 2014, 09:44:37 AM »
Thanks for trying us out! I'm glad you seemed to have had a good time with it. I hope you'll try one of our full-length riffs someday.

Yes, I enjoyed it  :clap:  And yes, I'll try a full length feature. :highfive:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1793 on: November 09, 2014, 12:58:48 PM »
Do you have a DVD of Godzilla for the Rifftrax? You could also try the Quiptracks.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #1794 on: November 09, 2014, 03:47:01 PM »
The Quiptracks of Godzilla is VERY funny. I also highly recommend their take on Hulk.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #1795 on: November 11, 2014, 02:42:57 AM »
Do you have a DVD of Godzilla for the Rifftrax? You could also try the Quiptracks.

Godzilla 98, yes.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #1796 on: November 11, 2014, 12:06:33 PM »

Godzilla 98, yes.

My personal favorites are Signs, Gattaca, and The Covenant, but I know a lot of people like those early ones.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1797 on: November 11, 2014, 12:43:29 PM »

Godzilla 98, yes.

My personal favorites are Signs, Gattaca, and The Covenant, but I know a lot of people like those early ones.
The Covenant is the best of the more recent ones, definitely.

Offline fireyf

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 169
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1798 on: November 13, 2014, 03:01:01 PM »
Just finished my second run through Quiptracks Van Helsing.  I got this for their Halloween giveaway.  These guys rarely disappoint and this is no exception.  Extremely funny with great timing.  The punometer was a great touch.  I think Horr-riff-ic would have busted it in the first ten minutes.

This is a movie I hadn't seen before and I don't think I would have sat through it without a riff. The riffs on Anna's indestructibility were great and they kept the gag going with it feeling redundant.  The running gag about silver was great too.  Sorry I'm not good at recalling specific riffs but there are plenty of good ones.  If you haven't tried this one you're missing out.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #1799 on: November 16, 2014, 11:26:26 AM »
Since iRiffs is down, I had Ryan send me a few riffs from Hor-Riff-Ic Productions. I watched Children of the Corn last night. I had never seen the movie before, and man is it lame. The riffing was pretty sparse—I understand this was their second track, so that's kind of expected. It at least didn't bring the experience down, and there was good material spread throughout the track. I think I would have been much harder on the movie than they were.

I'm looking forward to their other riffs, because I know they can do better (Frogs is my favorite of theirs so far)

"This girl has no talent; let's run her over!"
[after getting stabbed in the chest] "Put some butter and salt on it, it'll be fine."
"What's the worst that could happen, hanging out with Job?"