login

Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 312212 times)

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5401
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1770 on: September 06, 2014, 12:42:08 PM »
Oh yeah,  its been quite a while since I watched your Batman riff.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1771 on: September 28, 2014, 04:06:44 PM »
Happy Birthday to Me riff by RoninFox - Finally got around to this one. It's a good riff, up to par with RoninFox. Not my favorite of theirs, but they are always very funny. This track still has some audio echoey issues that a few other RoninFox riffs have had. It only seems to be over Vamerica's dialog. Not sure why. It doesn't really detract from the riff itself, though, as all of the dialog is understandable.
Definitely recommended.

As for the movie itself, here are my rambly thoughts as it went along: Did this girl just fake her own death to get away from the killer? And the young kids at the bar are irritated by the loud annoying adults. That's kind of unique. Maybe this movie won't be so stupid after...well, so much for that. The kids IMMEDIATELY become annoying and do a stupid stunt for no reason. One of them even runs off aimlessly into the woods for no reason.Ok, and why the hell is this sci-fi brain regrowing bullshit doing in what is otherwise just a slasher movie?! AN HOUR AND 3 MINUTES IN to the movie, and it's the first mention of a birthday!
The ending of this movie is what most people remember about it (if they remember it at all), and how it doesn't make any sense. Frankly I think it would have been more interesting if it had a CLUE style ending where they were all guilty.

(music score credit) Thrift store music box opened by.

("Oh, it's you!") - Quick, round up everyone with the last name 'You'.

Ah, a young girl wandering thrugh the dark. The movie switched ot the horror screensaver.

The helmet. Impeding natural selection for hundreds of years.

"I forgot about your crippling hatred of jug band music." "MAY THEY ALL BURN IN A HEE HAW HELL!"

This is where I danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight. (I'm actually impressed Ronin didn't do exclusively Batman riffs in the belltower scene.)

Ooh, threatening. Is he about to peel an apple at her?

Allow me. As a therapist, I 'm an expert at handling other peoples' shit.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #1772 on: September 28, 2014, 11:12:05 PM »
Happy Birthday to Me riff by RoninFox - Finally got around to this one. It's a good riff, up to par with RoninFox. Not my favorite of theirs, but they are always very funny. This track still has some audio echoey issues that a few other RoninFox riffs have had. It only seems to be over Vamerica's dialog. Not sure why. It doesn't really detract from the riff itself, though, as all of the dialog is understandable.
Definitely recommended.

As for the movie itself, here are my rambly thoughts as it went along: Did this girl just fake her own death to get away from the killer? And the young kids at the bar are irritated by the loud annoying adults. That's kind of unique. Maybe this movie won't be so stupid after...well, so much for that. The kids IMMEDIATELY become annoying and do a stupid stunt for no reason. One of them even runs off aimlessly into the woods for no reason.Ok, and why the hell is this sci-fi brain regrowing bullshit doing in what is otherwise just a slasher movie?! AN HOUR AND 3 MINUTES IN to the movie, and it's the first mention of a birthday!
The ending of this movie is what most people remember about it (if they remember it at all), and how it doesn't make any sense. Frankly I think it would have been more interesting if it had a CLUE style ending where they were all guilty.

(music score credit) Thrift store music box opened by.

("Oh, it's you!") - Quick, round up everyone with the last name 'You'.

Ah, a young girl wandering thrugh the dark. The movie switched ot the horror screensaver.

The helmet. Impeding natural selection for hundreds of years.

"I forgot about your crippling hatred of jug band music." "MAY THEY ALL BURN IN A HEE HAW HELL!"

This is where I danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight. (I'm actually impressed Ronin didn't do exclusively Batman riffs in the belltower scene.)

Ooh, threatening. Is he about to peel an apple at her?

Allow me. As a therapist, I 'm an expert at handling other peoples' shit.

When Ronin gave me his list of characters to draw for RiffLife, I saw the chick from HB2M and thought "...fuck, how am I gonna do this?" And she actually turned out REALLY well. The Ronin Fox and OneWallCinema sets still are two of my absolute favorites.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1773 on: September 29, 2014, 09:39:37 AM »
When Ronin gave me his list of characters to draw for RiffLife, I saw the chick from HB2M and thought "...fuck, how am I gonna do this?" And she actually turned out REALLY well. The Ronin Fox and OneWallCinema sets still are two of my absolute favorites.
I forgot, did you do one for Hor-Riff-ic?

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #1774 on: October 01, 2014, 08:11:22 AM »
I forgot, did you do one for Hor-Riff-ic?

Not quite yet. I still need to ask for a character set list. The wiki has been keeping me busy.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1775 on: October 11, 2014, 01:10:35 PM »
Dracula (1931) -
Rather than watching the crappy Dracula movie in theaters this weekend, I thought I watch the classic original...boring Dracula movie. With Hor-Riff-ic Productions riff.

(as Dracula) Oh man, that fishtank is leaking again. CURSE YOU, PETSMART!

(Renfield meets Dracula) Finally, eHarmony pays off.

"This is...very old...wine." - It was bottled...when I started...talking.

Your fucking business. It went that way.

Renfield here for Crest Whitening Strips. Teeth so white, it's carAzy!

"She will live through the centuries. As I have lived." - In boxes of dirt, in a filthy castle.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1776 on: October 12, 2014, 11:29:32 AM »
Asignment Terror by Turkey Shoot - Glad to see Scott Zee back in the game! And he hasn't lost a bit of his skill. Definitely recommended.

About the movie itself:
Ok, only 9 minutes in and I am THOROUGHLY confused by the plot! A couple of aliens (who look just like regular people) want to take over the Earth. They talk about it to each other openly in a crowded carnival. They mock humans' superstitions and say they will use this weakness against them. Then they kill a carny that used the staked corpse of the real Dracula as a prop (it wasn't part of his actual act, which was just fortune telling) and steal Dracula's body. It's not even clear if they actually knew Dracula would come back to life once they pulled the stake out. Then they are doing...something sciency...to kidnapped women. PLAN 9 was more coherant than this!
Even wierder, this movie seems to be confusing Frankenstein and Werewolves. It's very unclear.
Okay, now they seem to just be collecting the whole Universal Monster set. And they are going to set them loose to kill all humans. Holy shit, this IS the plot to Plan 9! Just more monstery than zombie-y.

An odd bit of spanish speaking during the opening credits. It only get silly at the very end, and the payoff isn't as funny as the bit is just weird.

White Castle's Bavarian stonghold.

"Nosferatu, the midevil vampire." - He looks like the Master on laundry day.

Woh! He's either really hiked up his pants, or that's an ascot that you can cram your legs into.

This is me in a Bowflex, a week after New Years.

Having granted his lifelong wish, Jim Balushi transforms into JOHN Balushi!

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1777 on: October 12, 2014, 11:51:17 AM »
I just realized I watched the Quiptracks riff of The Happening a few weeks ago and never wrote anything down here for it. It's very good. I'd say it's about on par with the Rifftrax version.

How are they going to top their "Killadelphia" headline?

I LOVE the running gag about "The Fair is in town!" when the people are panicking.

M. Night's truck of asinine characters hit a pothole.

They're being hunted by a herd of box fans.

Please walk into the woods. For safety. I am not a tree.

Perfectly normal human worm babies. (Invader Zim riffs are always my favorite)

I wonder if I could bludgeon myself to death with this child?

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1778 on: October 12, 2014, 11:55:01 AM »
FireRiffs iRiff of Batman - Saw this one a while ago too, not sure why I didn't post my thoughts at the time.
While I like his riffing, he doesn't have quite as good a performance as Ronin. And the lack of secondary riffer also doesn't help.
But if you have this movie, and you've seen the RoninFox riff, I'd say check out this riff too.

Hellllo torso!

It's this kind of observational skills that got him the job as commisioner.

New, slow acting gravity.

I don't think your insurance will cover this.

She died as she lived. On her back, faking pleasure.

Offline fireyf

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 169
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1779 on: October 12, 2014, 08:23:10 PM »
FireRiffs iRiff of Batman - Saw this one a while ago too, not sure why I didn't post my thoughts at the time.
While I like his riffing, he doesn't have quite as good a performance as Ronin. And the lack of secondary riffer also doesn't help.
But if you have this movie, and you've seen the RoninFox riff, I'd say check out this riff too.

Hellllo torso!

It's this kind of observational skills that got him the job as commisioner.

New, slow acting gravity.

I don't think your insurance will cover this.

She died as she lived. On her back, faking pleasure.

Thanks for reviewing!  I actually watched it myself a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how poorly I enunciated some of my lines; it was kind of embarrassing.

Offline ithonicfury

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #1780 on: October 15, 2014, 05:54:28 PM »
Just finished Toast and Rice's "Good against Evil", really quite good, well worth the price...err.

A really stupid, boring "movie", but had plenty of material, pretty good pacing on the riff, very few jokes fell flat, good delivery, didn't feel like it needed another riffer, made the movie not a slog to get through, nothing bad to say about it.  Also reminded me that its important in this day and age to take the time and kill a person with cats for yourself, not just for any dark lords.

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 348
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #1781 on: October 19, 2014, 07:08:55 AM »
ASSIGNMENT TERROR by Scott Zee HERE

Scott Zee is the best riffer. Period. This has made my hospital stay much more pleasant. Never stop, Scott.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 07:54:52 AM by Quirk »
They made a five-minute song seventeen times longer. We're cutting it down to size. The QuipTrack for The Christmas Shoes is AVAILABLE NOW at QuipTracks.com.

Offline Scott_Zee

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 68
« Reply #1782 on: October 20, 2014, 08:38:44 AM »
ASSIGNMENT TERROR by Scott Zee HERE

Scott Zee is the best riffer. Period. This has made my hospital stay much more pleasant. Never stop, Scott.

Thank you, sir. Get well soon.

Offline mikelesq

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 73
    • toastandrice.com
« Reply #1783 on: October 20, 2014, 08:53:08 PM »
Just finished Toast and Rice's "Good against Evil", really quite good, well worth the price...err.

A really stupid, boring "movie", but had plenty of material, pretty good pacing on the riff, very few jokes fell flat, good delivery, didn't feel like it needed another riffer, made the movie not a slog to get through, nothing bad to say about it.  Also reminded me that its important in this day and age to take the time and kill a person with cats for yourself, not just for any dark lords.

Thanks.  Glad you liked it!

FYI, for those who didn't get the "worth the price" riff (which is riff in a riff review, which I'm all in favor of), this is one of my older riffs, and I just put it free on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6R8WdxiR1Q

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1784 on: November 05, 2014, 07:34:31 PM »
  I watched the new Quiptracks  Fury of the Cocoon. I liked it. It's not as good as the their last VOD, first episode of The Show: Rocky Jones Escape Into Space. As always, their vocal performance is very good.
   The short itself is an episode of a TV show Tales of Tomorrow. As told by a narrator in the corner on 'time out'. A second rate Criswell, telling third rate Twilight Zone rejected spec scripts written by a four year old. A four year old who clearly stayed up too late last night watching Forbidden Planet, and is now eating bowls of cocoa puffs while watching Bump In The Night on Saturday morning.
  On the minus side, the cocoon's emotional state is very unclear. But, no naked old people, so that's a plus.

A always with Quiptracks, this is recommended.

"Here it is. Right here, Randy. Doesn't this section of the jungle just look crappy?" "You weren't kidding." "It's only this 20 by 30 foot area, too."

"Here's the crater." - Where yo momma fell over!

The missing link between Blarp and Mr. Bumpy.

Why is there a straw sticking out of my leg? Oh well.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:37:18 AM by Darth Geek »