Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 338082 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1650 on: November 10, 2013, 08:10:47 PM »
It's been awhile since I watched it myself, I don't remember a ton of creativity, they were just more focused on making them dark and more serious.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline poobah103

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 49
  • Sufficient Springs!
« Reply #1651 on: November 10, 2013, 11:33:23 PM »
To go along with my notes above about creativity/scariness, does the remake do a lot of creative stuff with the dreams? I haven't seen it yet.

Short answer: Not really.

Long answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3auqrRyhAA8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5901
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1652 on: November 13, 2013, 09:42:06 AM »
I keep losing track of time after work, will get to the NoES 5 riff tonight.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1653 on: November 13, 2013, 08:41:46 PM »
RoninFoxTrax iRiff of Nightmare on Elm Street 5 - Very good. About on par with the riff of Part 4. The only criticism I can give it is that there are some lines that have an odd echo on them. Also, while the vast majority of her lines are really good, there is an occasional bad line reading from Vampirica. Not sure why, but it did stick out to me.
  Don't let that fool you, though, this is still definitely recommended!
  As for the movie...oh man is this a bad one. Remember all that stuff I said about the creativity being this series' strength? Yeah, fuck that shit, it aint here. The only real creative death is the comic book kid. And that is marred by an embarrassingly lame hero comic character. I would have given credit for the whole "jock turns into a motorcycle" death, but watching it again they have to got out of there way to get him out of his truck and on the bike in the first place, and the Freddybike doesn't look as good as I remember. This movie overall has a serious dip in special effects quality. I'm not sure if the budget was slashed or what, but it is noticeable. Freddy's personality was also apparently part of the budget cuts. He doesn't seem to be having as much fun here (possibly because Robert Englund knew he was in a stinker), and his one liners are practically non-existant or don't make any sense. And I don't think they so much forgot about the whole "she gets the essence of her friends after they die" thing from the last one, as much as her friends here are so uninteresting and untalented they had nothing to give her. Also, for movies that never exactly cared about their plots making sense very much, this is still REALLY bad. Of particular note is the way Freddy is dispatched in this one. Literally, his Mommy just comes and gets him. UGH!

Motorcycle presented by Yamaha. Soundtrack presented by Yamaha.

In other words, hot knife, meet three sticks of butter.

Uh, they're making a Tool video in the fridge again.

Oh my God, I loved the Picture Pages reference! I forgot all about that show!

Into space? Fuck that, Jason's out there.

Well, we know he was pulled into an Image comic.

That's true! It's entirely poossible!

Eli Roth directs a Mystery Science Theater episode.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:50:33 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1655 on: November 24, 2013, 04:54:11 PM »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1656 on: November 24, 2013, 05:20:45 PM »
One I haven't seen in a while, it's Hor-Riff-ic Productions riff of Frogs - An excellent riff. And while this movie may be very boring (albeit in a silly stupid way) on it's own, it provides riffing material in spades.

The movie is...rich white (mostly) people's problems that they apparently brought on themselves. I'm not sure if I admire the movie for being vague about why this is all happening or not. Sam Elliot of course is the standout here (along with his junk in his tight pants). Although it's never clear why he does anything to help the bitter evil old man, when he was clearly only there to document the family's pollution of the lake in the first place.

Love the gag about the canoe on the lake squeeling tires.

Ah, longest projectile vomiting, I remember when-wait, no I don't remember when I got this.

Ok, technically he tripped and drowned, but we're going to take credit for him anyway.

Erin does a great job with the Rainbow Connection parody.

Who knew in movie called Frogs there'd be so many jump cuts.

Oh God, the voice Gary does for the snapping turtle kills me every time! (The fact that it's similar to his voice for Shelly in Friday the 13th part 3 makes it even better)

THINK FAST, KIDS! (easily my favorite riff in this!)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1657 on: November 24, 2013, 08:18:51 PM »
Watched the Hor-Riff-ic Productions riff of Friday the 13th part 4 again - A wonderful riff, as always from Hor-Riff-ic. I can't recommend their stuff enough. So I will continue to do so.

I'd say by this point the series had embraced it's tropes, but they for some inexplicable reason try to have a red herring in the camper guy that acts suspicious for no reason.
  And later they made a big deal of Tommy as being the one person to 'defeat' Jason. But watching this, in the end Tommy's big success against Jason is because he's the ONLY one in this entire series smart enough to keep hitting Jason when he's down. And that is shown to be psychologically a bad thing.

(Erin)Is it too late for me to ask who these people are? And why they are choosing to ignore the history of murders in the area? Or is that too much to ask? (Gary)Yes.

It's Strip-n-Dip, and Iiii helped!

(Satan)By this point she's just a body fluid delivery system for mosquitos and chiggers. (Gary)I wish I was a chigger. (Erin)Hey.

Holy crap, were they attempting continuity while we weren't paying attention?

See kids, these are called newspapers. It's like an early form of Google.

The whole series of riffs around the "he's killing me" is awesome!

(Erin)I think his real beef is with the house. (Gary)At this point it's not so much a blood soaked rampage of death as it is a frat party levels of property damage.

What's with the eyeliner, kid? You look like a goth Easter egg. (Definitely my favorite riff in this!)

Offline ekw

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #1658 on: November 26, 2013, 12:19:26 PM »
One Man Band & One Wall Cinema's "Return of Chandu" Chapter 12.
(about 19 minutes)
This is the only installment I have seen from this serial (impulse buy), and I'm not sure if I could soldier through the previous 11 (??!!).
I mean that only as a reflection on the actual serial and not the riffing.
without the riffing the movie itself would be completely unwatchable.
the film's audio is so poor that there is almost no hope of making out any of the dialogue.
add in the accent of the main cultist & Bela and you have a nearly silent film!
Fortunately it's OMB & OWC to the rescue as they go to town pointing out the geographic impossibilities demonstrated in the film.

this is one of those movies where it does not matter if the riffers run over the dialogue, as there is no way to make out what the actors are saying.

While the riffers did run "Bluh!" into the ground and then dig it up for a few more goes, it still cracked me up every time.

I would recommend this iRiff to people who want to see Bela playing the good guy and fans of moebius strips and tessaracts (for the way the scenes are edited to make you think any place in the film just might be adjacent to any other, whether indoors or in the jungle.)

Offline ekw

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #1659 on: November 26, 2013, 12:33:29 PM »
One Wall Cinema's "Enter The Lone Ranger".
(79 minutes).
once again it's a movie that might be impossible to endure w/o the comedic additions.
This movie includes a TON of riding scenes used as filler.
As I watched man & horse traverse the landscape, I was pulled back to Bert I Gordon's "King Dinosaur" and had to wonder if Bert lifted his idea of showing his characters walking endlessly from place to place from this film.
without any (movie) dialogue, these extended riding sequences put the riffers in a tough spot.
mostly they do a good job with it, and I think they struck gold with the big chase scene when they have the villain riding through a number of other TV westerns while the Lone Ranger seemingly goes from "right behind him" to "way behind him" to "right behind him" again.
They also do some good work with the "low hanging fruit" of Tonto himself and the general treatment of the native American characters.

I enjoyed this iRiff, and I think it's a screaming bargain at $1.50 for nearly an hour & twenty minutes of entertainment.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1660 on: November 26, 2013, 02:15:03 PM »
One Wall Cinema's "Enter The Lone Ranger".
(79 minutes).
once again it's a movie that might be impossible to endure w/o the comedic additions.
This movie includes a TON of riding scenes used as filler.
As I watched man & horse traverse the landscape, I was pulled back to Bert I Gordon's "King Dinosaur" and had to wonder if Bert lifted his idea of showing his characters walking endlessly from place to place from this film.
without any (movie) dialogue, these extended riding sequences put the riffers in a tough spot.
mostly they do a good job with it, and I think they struck gold with the big chase scene when they have the villain riding through a number of other TV westerns while the Lone Ranger seemingly goes from "right behind him" to "way behind him" to "right behind him" again.
They also do some good work with the "low hanging fruit" of Tonto himself and the general treatment of the native American characters.

I enjoyed this iRiff, and I think it's a screaming bargain at $1.50 for nearly an hour & twenty minutes of entertainment.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it!  We'd actually considered pulling that riff (and our Dragnet one) off of the site because they are really really rough compared to our more recent riffs since we were just starting out & trying to really figure out what we were doing.

Hopefully you'll give our other ones a chance & let us know what you think!

Glad you enjoyed our tactic of beating a joke to death to the point that it becomes funny again in the Chandu riff!  :)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1661 on: November 26, 2013, 07:05:56 PM »
One Man Band & One Wall Cinema's "Return of Chandu" Chapter 12.
(about 19 minutes)
This is the only installment I have seen from this serial (impulse buy), and I'm not sure if I could soldier through the previous 11 (??!!).
I mean that only as a reflection on the actual serial and not the riffing.
without the riffing the movie itself would be completely unwatchable.
the film's audio is so poor that there is almost no hope of making out any of the dialogue.
add in the accent of the main cultist & Bela and you have a nearly silent film!
Fortunately it's OMB & OWC to the rescue as they go to town pointing out the geographic impossibilities demonstrated in the film.

this is one of those movies where it does not matter if the riffers run over the dialogue, as there is no way to make out what the actors are saying.

While the riffers did run "Bluh!" into the ground and then dig it up for a few more goes, it still cracked me up every time.

I would recommend this iRiff to people who want to see Bela playing the good guy and fans of moebius strips and tessaracts (for the way the scenes are edited to make you think any place in the film just might be adjacent to any other, whether indoors or in the jungle.)
Glad to see the review. The serial is definitely repetative and would be hard to go through on it's own. I do think all of the individual riffs are pretty good in this series, but if you are going to try one more, I HIGHLY recommend Team Swizzlebeef's riff of Part 3. Spectacular.

Offline Rabbit Ears

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 32
« Reply #1662 on: November 26, 2013, 08:08:59 PM »
Hey!  I wanted to let everyone know that we are putting out a Holiday short called "Zip Codes!" for free on youtube.  It's free, so check it out if you dare! :)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwCkLn0_xAc&feature=youtu.be

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1663 on: November 27, 2013, 08:10:05 AM »
And BOOM, out of nowhere after a few months hiatus, Scott Zee is back! The third and final part of The Night The World Exploded.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  As always, Scott Zee does an excellent job here. Funny, interesting to listen to, lots of energy. It doesn't surprise me that he also does other podcast type things: http://ericbusbypresents.com/category/the-byron-chronicles.

The sudden commercial every five minutes is annoying, but you just have to mute the first one and when it goes back to each subsequent commercial they will also be muted.

This movie is sponsored by the Rope Ladder Lobby, isn't it?
Oh dear God, I do love how silly the rocks look in this movie. They move and bounce around so much, they don't even make an attempt to hide how light they are. It's hilarious!
So, he finally decides to hit on her when she's in a hospital bed?! Probably hoping the morphine is making him look like he has an ephemeral glow. Our hero, ladies and gentlemen!
Waitwaitwait, so part of their plan to stop the world from blowing up is to carpet bomb certain areas?!
I think it's because I haven't seen the other two parts in months, but their plan at the end really doesn't make any sense. I plan on watch all three again later tonight in one go, that might help.

Loved the "sending our love down the well" song!

"Perfume."---Aw, and it's from an airport gift shop. How did you know?

Why do I hear a Tesla Coil in the background? We get it, it's sciency. (Actually, I didn't, it wasn't sparking or spewing smoke)

STEADY NOW, WOMAN! (probably my favorite riff in this)

Interior design by Ed Wood Aerospace.

Don't they have a tour guide for this damn dam tour?!

Offline ekw

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #1664 on: November 29, 2013, 05:46:16 PM »

I'm really glad you enjoyed it!  We'd actually considered pulling that riff (and our Dragnet one) off of the site because they are really really rough compared to our more recent riffs since we were just starting out & trying to really figure out what we were doing.

Hopefully you'll give our other ones a chance & let us know what you think!

Glad you enjoyed our tactic of beating a joke to death to the point that it becomes funny again in the Chandu riff!  :)

hmmm . . .  checking my directory of iRiffs I have purchased but not watched yet . . .
what do I see?
the Dragnet episode!   :o
I guess we shall see how that goes . . .
I have The Cheney Vase as well.

perhaps I should stop posting & start viewing!   :)