Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 337989 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5900
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1530 on: July 03, 2013, 02:20:45 PM »
The only riffs I remember that have been taken down are Isaac's.
Clearly a personal attack on his freedoms!

Offline fireyf

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 179
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1531 on: July 03, 2013, 04:13:22 PM »
Aaron Bossing.. I remember that name but never saw any of his riffs.  Was he the guy complaining of someone "stealing his riffing style" or was that Isaac?  Anyways, I never watched any of his riffs.  I don't know, sometimes you just get a feel about a group/riffer that tells you not to bother or wait and see if someone else reviews them.
On the topic of repeat riffs, has anyone bothered watching any of the Super Mario Brothers movie riffs?  I thought about doing that movie but there were several riffs of it up already.  I know one of the samples I saw did not impress me but samples aren't always a clear indicator.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1532 on: July 03, 2013, 04:22:51 PM »
Aaron Bossing.. I remember that name but never saw any of his riffs.  Was he the guy complaining of someone "stealing his riffing style" or was that Isaac?  Anyways, I never watched any of his riffs.  I don't know, sometimes you just get a feel about a group/riffer that tells you not to bother or wait and see if someone else reviews them.
On the topic of repeat riffs, has anyone bothered watching any of the Super Mario Brothers movie riffs?  I thought about doing that movie but there were several riffs of it up already.  I know one of the samples I saw did not impress me but samples aren't always a clear indicator.
I watched them years ago, but I still remember they were all pretty bad. I would definitely recommend riffing this movie, don't let the other iRiffs stop you.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:23:31 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #1533 on: July 03, 2013, 04:30:43 PM »
I think the sample I saw from Aaron WAS Super Mario Bros now that I think of it. I know I had another groups riff of that movie and it was extremely light on riffs, and the ones they had were pretty uninspired.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1534 on: July 03, 2013, 04:37:03 PM »
Isaac accused me (and K2) of stealing his style of riffing when we released our musical riff of the Burn-E short off the Wall-E DVD. Also accused K2 of being a fake account created by Conor just to harass him and "rig" the iRiffs contest to keep him out of the top 10 finalists. (So I created a few forum banners celebrating getting 11th place in the contest and one claiming our riff didn't make it because it got mixed in with those Spider-Man clips. )

Offline mikelesq

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 73
    • toastandrice.com
« Reply #1535 on: July 03, 2013, 04:38:10 PM »
At the end of the day, don't be afraid to give honest feedback, even if negative.  We put ourselves out there, and ask for money in return.  Take the sweet, take the bitter. 

Also, there is the small issue that what we do is riffing, so if negative feedback is wrong, I owe Arch Hall Jr. a lot of apologies.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #1536 on: July 03, 2013, 04:41:12 PM »
Huh. I didn't think that was that bad a riff, to be honest. Not terribly memorable, to be sure, but not BAD. Oh well. Not like I can talk, since I stopped doing them.  ;D

Offline fireyf

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 179
  • Humans are superior!
    • FireRiffs
« Reply #1537 on: July 03, 2013, 05:24:50 PM »
Isaac accused me (and K2) of stealing his style of riffing when we released our musical riff of the Burn-E short off the Wall-E DVD. Also accused K2 of being a fake account created by Conor just to harass him and "rig" the iRiffs contest to keep him out of the top 10 finalists. (So I created a few forum banners celebrating getting 11th place in the contest and one claiming our riff didn't make it because it got mixed in with those Spider-Man clips. )
I wonder what rubber room that guy's bouncing around in now.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1538 on: July 03, 2013, 05:28:30 PM »
Well, also there is the aspect that even the groups that are good, few started out as strong as they are now. I think really only Quiptracks and maybe Cinester Theater were really awesome right out of the gate. Hor-Riff-ic Productions was good, but got better quickly over the first few riffs. So in the early days of iRiffs, we didn't expect what we do now.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1539 on: July 03, 2013, 05:30:51 PM »
I forgot the "you stole my style" thing by Isaac was over the BURN-E riff of all things. There's nothing like it, and hasn't been since.

Speaking of which, I still fully expect you to do the same with

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 204
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #1540 on: July 03, 2013, 07:50:11 PM »
Actually, I think Isaac is doinng just fine for himself now.  I swore I saw a new website where he was sort of doing the same kind of riff stuff, but I don't remember what it was...and even if I did, I figure we've gone far the point of taunting and stuff to worry about it.  It's been, what, three, four years now?  And as somebody who was just starting up when the meltdown began, I figure I'm best not stirring the pot any more than I have...especially in the iJust Thread.

Speaking of which, I think my address stuff should be all set now, so I'll be gearing up to buy Chapter 11 and watching the whole thing right in a row.  I did sit through 1-10 to see if there was anything I could add to the riffing for 12, but I would want to go through them again with a less 'work-based' eye and enjoy them more for what they are.

That being said, I do remember two jokes that I did deeply enjoy from two different groups that I'll point out now.  The first is 'Wang Driving.'  The second..."Could I BE any more unconscious at the bottom of this hole?"
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #1541 on: July 03, 2013, 08:56:50 PM »
Wow. I had no idea there was this much drama in the early days of iRiffing.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #1542 on: July 04, 2013, 12:12:32 AM »
I get why you withheld the riff name but you honestly shouldn't.  I had the same thing happen when I released Twilight except there were 3 of us that had riffs up the first week the movie was released.  The Ice on Mars one and hours both got pretty good feedback but a group called the Celluloid Shinobis had one up to that they basically ad-libbed in one take, provided no sync lines or cues and didn't even provide a sample.  I'm not sure 100% but they might have been drinking while recording.  And to top it off they weren't funny.  I tried to listen to their riff recently but only made it ten minutes in.  Not sure how I even finished it the first time.

In regards to the drama early on, they held a contest and the winner got a $1,000 to record an official "Rifftrax Presents" and there was a lot of negative comments and ratings being spread around and fake accounts created trying to stuff the ballot boxes.  It was pretty much ridiculous because TheGuyWithTheGlasses did one (a fairly poor audio quality of the Lion King), and his youtube followers made it pretty much a landslide anyway. 

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #1543 on: July 04, 2013, 01:10:08 AM »
I'm pretty sure the experience of all that drama and crap is the main reason we haven't seen anything like that contest since.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #1544 on: July 04, 2013, 07:41:25 AM »
WOW! That's amazing. I take it none of these people are around anymore?