login

Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 260879 times)

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 04:38:20 AM »
I know that I also advocated not being able to vote on a riff unless you have purchased it in another thread, but someone pointed out to me the very valid issue that some people will want to rate a riff based on a sample clip. i.e. if something is really stupendously stupid and lame, nobody should be forced to buy it just to tell people it sucks - otherwise that sucky riff is going to sit with a 5 star rating from the person who uploaded it and the three friends that he had come to the site and rate it for him site unseen, and it will look much better than it really is.

If people waste money on a bunch of crap that is unfairly high rated, it's going to sour the experience and iRiffs as a whole will end up losing customers. So we definitely want to be able to rate things based on sample clips as well as the final product... but we also don't want dickwads abusing the system and rating everyone other than themselves badly just to make their title jump up the list. It's a tough balance, and I'm not entirely sure what the solution should be. I know that Torgos can review the logs and see if one person is giving multiple ratings that are poor to other groups, and clean those votes out of the system, but that's going to take a lot of time, and he shouldn't have to be the vote police.

It would be nice if people weren't shitheads, but frankly that's asking way to much of some people. ;)

I'm going to start a new thread on the ratings system so we can discuss it over there without detracting from this very important thread's purpose, and maybe Torgos can drop in there from time to time and see our feedback on the issue all in one place, to save him time.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline amityisland

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 05:52:21 PM »
Just finished watching Friday the 13th - very pleased with it and look forward to more of Hor-riff-ic's riffs in the future.
Also got Star Wars: New Hope and downloaded Movie Asylum's Halloween and will be watching them in the next few days...plan to get the Star Trek ones and Tron after that.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 05:55:18 PM by amityisland »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 09:24:56 PM »
Just finished The Core. Good, definitely worth the buy, but not as great as a few others. I look forward to seeing more from Tom & Jon.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 07:59:20 AM »
I just finished (hours ago) the Star Wars iRiff. If you don't buy this, you're a retarded stupid dumb idiot moron... head!

It was funnier at the beginning, but that's probably because the movie is funnier at the beginning. Not that 15 minutes of droids walking was funny, but they made it work.

I haven't laughed this hard at a "Rifftrax" in a long time. Maybe not ever, actually. I don't even think Rifftrax can do this movie now. They couldn't do it any better.

The best bits were with Greedo and Jabba. I almost stopped breathing.

I think Chad Vader kinda slips when he goes off on weird tangents. He works better with a short, serious line. When he starts talking like he's a regular person, it's like if Christopher Walken said something normal. He sang a little too much.

If every iRiff was as good as this one... that would be impossible. Either Blame Society needs to stop riffing or everyone else does.

We have too much to live up to now. Even Mike needs to raise his game. (Is that an expression?)

Hopefully these nutballs will be on Rifftrax Presents in the future. Maybe even take over the company.

Oh how I wish I was them.

anais.jude

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 08:23:30 AM »
I just finished (hours ago) the Star Wars iRiff. If you don't buy this, you're a retarded stupid dumb idiot moron... head!

It was funnier at the beginning, but that's probably because the movie is funnier at the beginning. Not that 15 minutes of droids walking was funny, but they made it work.

I haven't laughed this hard at a "Rifftrax" in a long time. Maybe not ever, actually. I don't even think Rifftrax can do this movie now. They couldn't do it any better.

The best bits were with Greedo and Jabba. I almost stopped breathing.

I think Chad Vader kinda slips when he goes off on weird tangents. He works better with a short, serious line. When he starts talking like he's a regular person, it's like if Christopher Walken said something normal. He sang a little too much.

If every iRiff was as good as this one... that would be impossible. Either Blame Society needs to stop riffing or everyone else does.

We have too much to live up to now. Even Mike needs to raise his game. (Is that an expression?)

Hopefully these nutballs will be on Rifftrax Presents in the future. Maybe even take over the company.

Oh how I wish I was them.

I am amazed at your ability to be supportive to one set of riffers, yet so degrading to ALL THE OTHERS, at the same time.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 08:29:48 AM »
Degrading? Hey, you can't beat perfection. It is NOT personal. But this riff is clearly the cream of the crop. I included myself in the list of people who could never top this, and that list includes everyone but Chuck Norris.

anais.jude

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 08:38:18 AM »
Degrading? Hey, you can't beat perfection. It is NOT personal. But this riff is clearly the cream of the crop. I included myself in the list of people who could never top this, and that list includes everyone but Chuck Norris.

Except that you have openly admitted to not watching the other iRiffs, so how can you judge? Was it really that hard just to talk about them without comparing them to riffs you haven't watched?

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 08:47:58 AM »
Well don't go on about it. Sheesh. If you actually ARE an iRiffer, you can easily take it as a challenge to make a better iRiff than this one. Prove me wrong. I don't care. Clearly I was using hyperbole to make a point, not "degrading" things I've never seen. It's not like I said it was better than a brontosaurus.

I've seen plenty of "degrading" comments about iRiffs here already, and I'm not the one making them.

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 09:08:16 AM »
Well don't go on about it. Sheesh. If you actually ARE an iRiffer, you can easily take it as a challenge to make a better iRiff than this one. Prove me wrong. I don't care. Clearly I was using hyperbole to make a point, not "degrading" things I've never seen. It's not like I said it was better than a brontosaurus.

I've seen plenty of "degrading" comments about iRiffs here already, and I'm not the one making them.

In this case, I agree with bratpop.  After all, taste is subjective.  Besides, it's hard to take offense at someone who clearly states that they have not even seen your product.

Still, I do prefer that people listen to my iRiff first before telling me that it sucks.   :P
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

anais.jude

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 09:12:40 AM »
Well, I suppose I misinterpreted Bratpop. I'm sorry.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 09:15:14 AM »
You know what, though I was clearly tonguing my cheek, I retract any and all comparisons (except to those Rifftrax I already own). I don't want to sound like some psycho fanboy saying Star Wars is better than every other movie ever made even though I haven't seen ANY other movie.

Still, iRiffs are going to be hard pressed to find a better (more popular, more requested) movie to riff. And I honestly don't know what it would take for me to buy another riff of A New Hope. I hope Blame Society does Empire with Mike.

anais.jude

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 09:31:38 AM »
You know what, though I was clearly tonguing my cheek, I retract any and all comparisons (except to those Rifftrax I already own). I don't want to sound like some psycho fanboy saying Star Wars is better than every other movie ever made even though I haven't seen ANY other movie.

Still, iRiffs are going to be hard pressed to find a better (more popular, more requested) movie to riff. And I honestly don't know what it would take for me to buy another riff of A New Hope. I hope Blame Society does Empire with Mike.

Bratpop and anais.jude; friends and pals

and I wouldalso like to see Blame Society riff Empire with Mike.

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 11:57:08 AM »
I just used my morning to watch Josh's new one: Voyage to Prehistoric Planet.  After converting it to an easier to watch MPEG all night long.  IT was my way of honoring America's veteran's. 

Good as usual though I enjoyed Wasp Woman far more.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2107
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 03:18:12 PM »
I just used my morning to watch Josh's new one: Voyage to Prehistoric Planet.  After converting it to an easier to watch MPEG all night long. 

Which program did you use to do that?
FINE

Offline JoshWay

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 3
  • My mother was a demon!
    • My iRiffs
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 03:19:31 PM »
As far as I know, the file is MPEG4, but has been renamed as AVI. You can try just changing the extention to MP4 and see what that does. Though you'd still need to convert to MPEG2 for DVD.