login

Author Topic: iJust Finished Watching  (Read 338192 times)

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
Re: iJust Finished Watching
« Reply #1245 on: July 30, 2012, 10:28:53 PM »
They always put a lot of enthusiasm and sense of having fun into their tracks, which goes a long ways (and is the foremost thing that sometimes lacks in lesser groups).

Fun fact(s): I thought Matt was going to be staying with us another week, and then one day he said we should probably start recording as he would be leaving the following morning. So we recorded that track all in one night, which is way faster than we'd ever done it. And Matt didn't write on this (except a couple lines) so he was coming into the script cold, but he was such a pro that he figured most of it out on the fly.

Offline Zoo Station

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #1246 on: August 04, 2012, 01:41:56 PM »
As Everybody's Favorite gears up to write and record its second iRiff, we'd appreciate feedback on the first one, Sin City. Not to mention the publicity if you like it.
Available Now: The Rock! http://youtu.be/9K-ZeM7eSlI

Offline deevolve

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 9
  • Sam. But if I was a rapper, I'd go by MC Delta T.
    • Sam & Rob present
« Reply #1247 on: August 06, 2012, 07:48:15 AM »
I just watched Drawback Productions' riff of Die Hard 2 and it was hilarious.  Definitely five stars.  You guys had a great chemistry together

Thanks for enjoying it and for taking time to critique it and for being fooled by our sham marriage.  We’re getting good at keeping the façade going.

I have a few minor critiques.  One, the 3...2...1...pause countdown went a bit too fast. 

The wife yells at me for this, too.  You can tell how sick I am of the technical speech at the beginning of every one of these.

Two, some of the jokes were too close to the sync lines.

This is one of the many problems when you employ the quantity-over-quality approach that I take.  It’s hard to find a sync line all by its lonesome that’s not less than two minutes after the previous sync line.  Still, I’ll fix this next time.

Three, the fake fact bit occurred too often.  At first it was all right, but it got tedious after a while.

Congratulations!  You found the padding!

Four, it might have been my computer, but the sync lines were off a little bit.  But then again, I watched it on Netflix streaming.  Also, my computer is very old and it skipped, so it may just be a hardware issue on my end.

I’m thinking it’s the streaming that’s having the trouble.  Here’s what “David” had to say about the sync in another thread.

Haha "Annex Skywalk? Didn't he go to the Dark Side?"
Good one so far. And syncs up nice!

He is referring to his DVD copy of DH2.  He said that synced/sunc/sanc up perfectly.  Enjoy the whole exchange here:  http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=23509.msg0#quickreply

I agree with Riffman about this being a five star riff and you guys have amazing chemistry. Great work! I liked the Fun Facts better than he did, but they weren't the star of the show. I have to add that the impersonations of Barnes were hysterical, especially yours Dru. I had no trouble with the sync.  Riffman already listed a few of my favorite lines, here are some others:

"So that counts as my employee review, right?"

"Maybe it's act 2 calling to apologize for being so late."

"Resusci-Annie, no!"

"So it won't be that brief."

"Cut it out, my feelings!"

"Time's up, you get both!..."

"How great would it be if the blonde guy from the 1st one jumped out of a body bag again?"

Offline Riffman for Hire

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 98
  • I'm in the riffing business.
« Reply #1248 on: August 06, 2012, 02:56:45 PM »
I just watched Drawback Productions' riff of Die Hard 2 and it was hilarious.  Definitely five stars.  You guys had a great chemistry together

Thanks for enjoying it and for taking time to critique it and for being fooled by our sham marriage.  We’re getting good at keeping the façade going.

I have a few minor critiques.  One, the 3...2...1...pause countdown went a bit too fast. 

The wife yells at me for this, too.  You can tell how sick I am of the technical speech at the beginning of every one of these.

Two, some of the jokes were too close to the sync lines.

This is one of the many problems when you employ the quantity-over-quality approach that I take.  It’s hard to find a sync line all by its lonesome that’s not less than two minutes after the previous sync line.  Still, I’ll fix this next time.

Three, the fake fact bit occurred too often.  At first it was all right, but it got tedious after a while.

Congratulations!  You found the padding!

Four, it might have been my computer, but the sync lines were off a little bit.  But then again, I watched it on Netflix streaming.  Also, my computer is very old and it skipped, so it may just be a hardware issue on my end.

I’m thinking it’s the streaming that’s having the trouble.  Here’s what “David” had to say about the sync in another thread.

Haha "Annex Skywalk? Didn't he go to the Dark Side?"
Good one so far. And syncs up nice!

He is referring to his DVD copy of DH2.  He said that synced/sunc/sanc up perfectly.  Enjoy the whole exchange here:  http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=23509.msg0#quickreply

I agree with Riffman about this being a five star riff and you guys have amazing chemistry. Great work! I liked the Fun Facts better than he did, but they weren't the star of the show. I have to add that the impersonations of Barnes were hysterical, especially yours Dru. I had no trouble with the sync.  Riffman already listed a few of my favorite lines, here are some others:

"So that counts as my employee review, right?"

"Maybe it's act 2 calling to apologize for being so late."

"Resusci-Annie, no!"

"So it won't be that brief."

"Cut it out, my feelings!"

"Time's up, you get both!..."

"How great would it be if the blonde guy from the 1st one jumped out of a body bag again?"

Yeah, Die Hard 2 is my favorite iriff to date.  I've never laughed so hard during an iriff and I'll go out on a limb and say it's even better than some of the Rifftraxs I've heard.

And if you haven't watched their riff of "Dust Child" from Highway to Heaven, definitely check it out.  It's friggin hysterical.

I just hope Drawback comes out with another iriff soon.

Offline wherethefishlives

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 65
  • Toddlers be trippin'!
« Reply #1249 on: August 10, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »
Thanks guys.  Your reviews are more appreciated than you'll ever know.  I'll have another riff up by the end of the month (most likely).  Interestingly enough, I've actually sold more Temple of Dooms since releasing DH2 than DH2s total.  I guess more people have TOD sitting on their shelf, which makes it easier.  I'll get into VOD one of these days, but in the meantime, do what Riffman said and check this out:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/F0oODvnaIjA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/F0oODvnaIjA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>(It's free!)
I was just going to include it for free with my next riff, but I don't think my next riff will do that well and I just want people to see it.  Thanks again, guys, for reminding me that I'm actually putting in all this time, money and effort for a reason.

Offline Riffman for Hire

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 98
  • I'm in the riffing business.
« Reply #1250 on: August 11, 2012, 10:49:15 AM »
Thanks guys.  Your reviews are more appreciated than you'll ever know.  I'll have another riff up by the end of the month (most likely).  Interestingly enough, I've actually sold more Temple of Dooms since releasing DH2 than DH2s total.  I guess more people have TOD sitting on their shelf, which makes it easier.  I'll get into VOD one of these days, but in the meantime, do what Riffman sad and check this out:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0oODvnaIjA&feature=youtu.be
I was just going to include it for free with my next riff, but I don't think my next riff will do that well and I just want people to see it.  Thanks again, guys, for reminding me that I'm actually putting in all this time, money and effort for a reason.

No problem.  I'm looking forward to your next iriff.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5903
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #1251 on: August 11, 2012, 07:50:41 PM »
Drawback Productions riff of Temple of Doom - A very good riff. Lots of funny lines throughout and good vocal performances. I am always happy to see women involved in the riffing. Particularly since it gives variety in voices. The two riffers have good chemistry (they are husband and wife, so this makes sense).

The last useful thing she does in the whole movie. (A funny line in itself. But then the running gag on the very few contributions she gives is great.)

Robitussiiin!

It's getting earlier, rapidly.

Elephants hiss, right?

Why does she get a love theme? Her theme should be a broken violin and fart noises.

Willie, there is something I want you to try involving a whip and a ceiling fan.

Does that red dot mean he's on clearance?

Promis me you won't tell the social worker what went on this weekend.

I am more and more convinced that George Lucas had a Donkey Kong machine in his writing room.

And since I just remembered I have this, this riff does earn:

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1252 on: August 11, 2012, 09:26:51 PM »
JC Walsh riff of Werewolf in a Girl's Dormatory - A good riff. I think the Voyager episode he did was better, though. Nice variety of jokes, and the pacing was okay. It is only one person doing the riffing, so that limits it a bit. Definitely worth checking out.

I loved the running gag with all the pervy thoughts by Dr. Olcott.

Is it possible for to be bad at being a bad actress?

The mediocre escape.

And just as the girl is getting her throat ripped out, so will Mutual of Omaha rip out all your concerns about your financial future.

Special thanks to Babelfish.

Signed, not a werewolf.

And you destroy the good name of statutory rapists everywhere.

Must...get to Trader Vick's...drink Pina Colada.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #1253 on: August 13, 2012, 04:09:54 PM »
Just want to say that I also saw the Quiptracks for Abduction and it was really awesome! The Quip guys can attest I laughed a lot. I am going over to there place to watch Ghost Rider this weekend, so that will also be awesome.

Anyway. Buy that shit.

Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #1254 on: August 13, 2012, 04:12:06 PM »
Welcome back!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1255 on: August 13, 2012, 05:07:02 PM »
Just want to say that I also saw the Quiptracks for Abduction and it was really awesome! The Quip guys can attest I laughed a lot. I am going over to there place to watch Ghost Rider this weekend, so that will also be awesome.

Anyway. Buy that shit.

Woohoo! Welcome back. And I'll see you there this weekend.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1256 on: August 14, 2012, 08:36:26 PM »
Watched the Turkey Shoot episode of Phantom Empire again. Turkey Shoot is always very funny, and this is no exception. Plenty to make fun of here, between the goofy cardboard robots and singing cowboys.

Rodeo Clown Avengers, assemble!

The looks like the Edison reel of I Robot.

Is it wrong to root for chaos over common yokels? I hope not.

It's death to humans, baby!

Uh, yeah. Full body armor, Grand Old Opera wester wear, what do you think should go first?!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:40:09 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1257 on: August 25, 2012, 05:36:33 PM »
I have decided to go through the entire The Lost City iRiff series.

Starting with Chapter 1, riffed by Atomic Treatment. Sadly, a rather lackluster way to start this out. This riff was very boring. But solely because of bland voice performance. Even some of the riffs that should have been funny, just kind of laid there. I got a chuckle out of it here and there, but nothing really noteworthy. I seem to remember having the same issue with their Phantom Empire riff I watched.

This movie, er, serial, whatever. Hooboy. Apparently, all scietific doodads spark endlessly and tend to spew smoke. That's how you know they're really working. So around the world a bunch of diasters are apparently happening, via much use of stock footage and a hilarious shot of a toy boat being sunk with a firecracker. So some scientists huddle around a young guy too handsome and fit to be a scientist unless he's the lead, who is doing something with a machine. We can only tell it is sciency because it is sparking and smoking. So it must be really sciency! Right after it blows up, he announces it was a success! Somehow he knows from this that somehow something in this one part of the globe in his now destroyed sciency thing, that that is the source of something that is somehow causing these disasters. Somehow. I like how, even though they do put in some technobabble, they aren't putting enough in to cover up the fact that they really don't know what's going on. They just out and out admit it. But they are all exited to go to this place that was pointed out by the now destroyed sciency gadget.
  And that place is...the part of Africa that only exists in racist white men's minds. Or it could be Detroit. Not sure, never been there. But they say it's Africa. So in Africa a...I have no idea what he is...leader of some sort in a silly costume, named Zolok is causing these disasters via another, larger, sparking and smoking sciency machine. He is also capturing the local black tribesman, erasing their minds and making them into giants. Insert obvious basketball joke here.
  This has the makings of a great series of riffs. There is so much goofy shit here, I only miss the silly hatted robots from Phantom Empire. I don't miss Gene Autry, he can go to hell.

Offline mr.b.natural

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 109
  • Mr.B you're hot!
« Reply #1258 on: August 25, 2012, 06:06:56 PM »

Starting with Chapter 1, riffed by Atomic Treatment. Sadly, a rather lackluster way to start this out. This riff was very boring. But solely because of bland voice performance. Even some of the riffs that should have been funny, just kind of laid there. I got a chuckle out of it here and there, but nothing really noteworthy. I seem to remember having the same issue with their Phantom Empire riff I watched.

I think Atomic Treatment has gotten a lot better over the years with his delivery.  I would point to our joint riff "Mole Men Against the Son of Hercules" as supporting evidence.  His writing has always been top notch.  I would point to his solo "To Enrich Mankind" or any of our joint riffs as evidence of that.

He was a little weak years ago with delivery but he really has gotten better. 

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #1259 on: August 25, 2012, 06:23:50 PM »

I think Atomic Treatment has gotten a lot better over the years with his delivery.  I would point to our joint riff "Mole Men Against the Son of Hercules" as supporting evidence.  His writing has always been top notch.  I would point to his solo "To Enrich Mankind" or any of our joint riffs as evidence of that.

He was a little weak years ago with delivery but he really has gotten better. 
Oh yeah, thanks, I was going to mention that these riffs are pretty old, so a lot of the groups would be as experienced as they are now.